What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby eagles21 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:22 pm

Finally saw "The Departed"

Awesome, awesome movie!! Sort of hard to follow at some points, but you can pretty much get whats going on. Very good ending too. 8.5/10
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:00 pm

TMNT. Eh. Kid liked it so it was worth it, but it was nothing too special.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:18 am

maddog60 wrote:Finally saw Chronicles of Narnia.

I'd give it 8/10.

I don't remember too many specifics as I read the books about 15 years ago, but while it was definitely geared to a child audience, a lot of the aspects of the story were very grown up and I think made it enjoyable for anyone. It did seem to go a bit quick, and not really explain some of the parts it skipped over, but the visual effects (costume design and CGIs) were flawless, as well as the finale very exciting.

It was quite a while ago that I saw this, but if I recall the main thing holding it back was the whiney girls who's best weapon for fighting was crying and complaining..
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Kilroy » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:58 am

I'm curious to see someone's "review" of The Grindhouse Double Feature. From what I've seen it looks entertaining if nothing else, although I'm a "wait for the DVD" kinda guy (especially with 3 Hour Movies).

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby beanoX3 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:34 am

Kilroy1872 wrote:I'm curious to see someone's "review" of The Grindhouse Double Feature. From what I've seen it looks entertaining if nothing else, although I'm a "wait for the DVD" kinda guy (especially with 3 Hour Movies).

Eh, I'll probably not bother with this one and not even bother when it comes out on DVD. Might watch it if a friend buys/rents it though. I simply don't understand why anyone thought it was a good idea to intentionally make a cheezy movie, even if it is Tarrantino and Rodriguez.
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:46 am

Just saw "The Prestige". Holy cow, what a great flick! 8-o I must say, I get more and more impressed by Christian Bale every film I see him in. Tremendous acting all-around by all involved. Hugh Jackman is dependable as always as the obsessed magician hell bent on getting revenge. Michael Caine is top notch, as always. So many twists and turns throughout the film. It's one of those movies that watches so well the second time around after you've figured everything out. Easily one of the best films I've seen in my Netflix cache. ;-D ;-D ;-D

9/10
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Kilroy » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:13 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Just saw "The Prestige". Holy cow, what a great flick! 8-o I must say, I get more and more impressed by Christian Bale every film I see him in. Tremendous acting all-around by all involved. Hugh Jackman is dependable as always as the obsessed magician hell bent on getting revenge. Michael Caine is top notch, as always. So many twists and turns throughout the film. It's one of those movies that watches so well the second time around after you've figured everything out. Easily one of the best films I've seen in my Netflix cache. ;-D ;-D ;-D

9/10

I've been wondering if that movie was any good. From the previews it seemed like it would be one of those movies that's either very good or very...not good. I'll have to check it out.

I'm a Bale fan too. "American Psycho" is an excellent (if not for everyone) movie, and "Batman Begins" was the first Dark Knight flick that really did the character justice.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Metroid » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:19 am

Kilroy1872 wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Just saw "The Prestige". Holy cow, what a great flick! 8-o I must say, I get more and more impressed by Christian Bale every film I see him in. Tremendous acting all-around by all involved. Hugh Jackman is dependable as always as the obsessed magician hell bent on getting revenge. Michael Caine is top notch, as always. So many twists and turns throughout the film. It's one of those movies that watches so well the second time around after you've figured everything out. Easily one of the best films I've seen in my Netflix cache. ;-D ;-D ;-D

9/10

I've been wondering if that movie was any good. From the previews it seemed like it would be one of those movies that's either very good or very...not good. I'll have to check it out.

I'm a Bale fan too. "American Psycho" is an excellent (if not for everyone) movie, and "Batman Begins" was the first Dark Knight flick that really did the character justice.

I really liked it also and I'm a Bale fan too. I recommend skipping Harsh Times though. :-?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby treat24 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:38 am

Kilroy1872 wrote:I'm curious to see someone's "review" of The Grindhouse Double Feature. From what I've seen it looks entertaining if nothing else, although I'm a "wait for the DVD" kinda guy (especially with 3 Hour Movies).

I MIGHT actually be going to this today, I have nothing to do and have 2 friends that want me to come with... we'll see though
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:58 am

Grindhouse - it pretty much pwn3d, but i will rate each movie seperatley

Planet Terror by Robert Rodriguez. Awesome, awesome zombie flick. i cant think of one thing to complain about. actually an interesting plot, some great action and gore and just enough cheesy lines. all the actors did a nice job (we're not talking Oscar caliber but they played their roles effectively)...and it had Fergie ;-D

10/10

Death Proof by Quenten Tarantino. I was expecting so much more, instead we basically get two awesome actions scenes both preceeded by very lengthy discussions about nothing. normally i'm a fan of Quentin's witty dialogue, but for some reason in this one it seemed so forced, or maybe i was just pissed because i wanted to see some action. Kurt Russell is AWESOME though, and it gets better towards the end. still, i was disapointed

6.5/10 (but hoping a repeat viewing helps it out)

all the fake trailers were pretty sweet too, i wont spoil anything about them though
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk