What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby aaawall91 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:51 am

logan wrote:i saw knocked up. great great comedy and the movie overall ,less the comedy, was pretty solid.i'd put it right up neck and neck with anchor man and overall better then 40YO Virgin and way way better then ricky bobby.it was fun seeing a couple of the office people make cameos as well. definite must go ;-D

I saw it as well, its one of the best movies I've seen probably all-time, or maybe it just seems that way with all the junk thats came out recently. But theres really some parts they don't need to show. But I'd give it a 4.8/5
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:51 pm

I know I am WAAAAAYYYY behind the curve on these videos, but I don't watch many. :-/

Anyway, watched Spiderman 3 the other night and I really liked it. Better than two but nowhere near one. I liked the way that they expounded on the first story about how Ben died. Emo Peter was kinda annoying, but didn't ruin the movie. I couldn't watch the scene with Venom in Spiderman's face with any seriousness because his facial expressions were exactly like Foreman's from that 70's show. :-P

And Sandman wasn't that great of a villain I didn't think. Too big and "invincible". The battle scenes with him seemed to drag on.

I like it though mainly because I wasn't expecting much. I waited for teh hype to settle down and I heard all of the people saying that it sucked, so I wasn't expecting anything spectacular and it exceeded my expectations. 7/10 probably. ;-D

I also watched the entire Pirates of the Caribbean the other day. I had seen parts of it, but not the whole thing all the way through. I thought it was a very well produced movie and would give it an 8/10. Liked it so much I got Pirates 2 and it was WAY better IMO. I would give it a 9/10. Now I can't wait to see three when I get a chance. Hopefully its not a letdown.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sportsaddict » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:22 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:I know I am WAAAAAYYYY behind the curve on these videos, but I don't watch many. :-/

Anyway, watched Spiderman 3 the other night and I really liked it. Better than two but nowhere near one. I liked the way that they expounded on the first story about how Ben died. Emo Peter was kinda annoying, but didn't ruin the movie. I couldn't watch the scene with Venom in Spiderman's face with any seriousness because his facial expressions were exactly like Foreman's from that 70's show. :-P

And Sandman wasn't that great of a villain I didn't think. Too big and "invincible". The battle scenes with him seemed to drag on.

I like it though mainly because I wasn't expecting much. I waited for teh hype to settle down and I heard all of the people saying that it sucked, so I wasn't expecting anything spectacular and it exceeded my expectations. 7/10 probably. ;-D

I also watched the entire Pirates of the Caribbean the other day. I had seen parts of it, but not the whole thing all the way through. I thought it was a very well produced movie and would give it an 8/10. Liked it so much I got Pirates 2 and it was WAY better IMO. I would give it a 9/10. Now I can't wait to see three when I get a chance. Hopefully its not a letdown.

I really didn't think Spiderman 3 was all that bad. It was a good movie. I put an emphasis on that because people were expecting so much, when they should just sit back and be entertained. Emo Peter was hilarious I thought, it was entertaining- kind of weird, but funny.
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."

-Joe Theismann (pronounced theese-MAN, not rhyming with Heisman)
sportsaddict
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby m16a » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:25 pm

sportsaddict wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:I know I am WAAAAAYYYY behind the curve on these videos, but I don't watch many. :-/

I really didn't think Spiderman 3 was all that bad. It was a good movie. I put an emphasis on that because people were expecting so much, when they should just sit back and be entertained. Emo Peter was hilarious I thought, it was entertaining- kind of weird, but funny.

I'm in agreement. Also, from a bit of a comic perspective, I thought they did decently making Venom, my only qualm, the whole "vibration defeats venom thing". Other than that, I say 10/10 on spidey 3.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby terpfan » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:21 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:I also watched the entire Pirates of the Caribbean the other day. I had seen parts of it, but not the whole thing all the way through. I thought it was a very well produced movie and would give it an 8/10. Liked it so much I got Pirates 2 and it was WAY better IMO. I would give it a 9/10. Now I can't wait to see three when I get a chance. Hopefully its not a letdown.

You thought Pirates 2 was better than Pirates 1? Pirates 2 didnt even feel like a whole movie. Pirates 1 was so much better. I'd give #1 a 9 and #2 a 6 or a 7.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:35 pm

terpfan wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:I also watched the entire Pirates of the Caribbean the other day. I had seen parts of it, but not the whole thing all the way through. I thought it was a very well produced movie and would give it an 8/10. Liked it so much I got Pirates 2 and it was WAY better IMO. I would give it a 9/10. Now I can't wait to see three when I get a chance. Hopefully its not a letdown.

You thought Pirates 2 was better than Pirates 1? Pirates 2 didnt even feel like a whole movie. Pirates 1 was so much better. I'd give #1 a 9 and #2 a 6 or a 7.

I think part of it was the fact that I was expecting 1 to be different than it was. I didn't realize that it was going to be so spiritually dark and stuff. I liked it still, but not what I was expecting for whatever reason. Two I know what I was getting. I think that was part of it. Maybe part of it is the fact that I am not left too hanging cause I know I will go see three before too long. I dunno, for whatever reason, I liked it more. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:05 pm

Saw kncoked up today. It was pretty good, surpassed my expectations. If you have some free time, go ahead and see it, not an absolute must see, but still very entertaining. 8/10

I also saw American Pie Band Camp yesterday (unrated version) which I must say, was hilarious. If you like the kind of movies that you don't really have to think about, but are still funny, I'd reccomend it. 8.5/10

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby cardiac cats » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:21 am

2 more reviews...

The Lookout-8/10 part bank heist, part character drama... stars Joseph Gordon-Levitt as a fractured young man trying to get on with his life after surviving a horrendous car accident in which a few of his friends were killed. He's been physically and mentally scarred and just seems detached from reality...
anyways, not to give too much away: he now works at a bank(as a janitor) and starts hanging out with some questionable characters(including a possible love interest) and the plot takes off from there. Pretty good flick, I was pleasantly surprised.

The Prestige-8/10 I've heard plenty of good things about this movie. First off, great cast: Bale is awesome as usual and Scarlett can do no wrong in my book. The plot is very unique and just gradually keeps picking up steam until the final act, which honestly left me very confused(not exactly in a bad way). I know a second viewing will help me understand more things. Me likes.
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby beanoX3 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:32 am

m16a wrote:
sportsaddict wrote:

I'm in agreement. Also, from a bit of a comic perspective, I thought they did decently making Venom, my only qualm, the whole "vibration defeats venom thing". Other than that, I say 10/10 on spidey 3.

That's canon though. The Venom symbiote has always reacted terribly to high frequency noises in the comics. The bell tower scene was taken from comic books, although Eddie Brock was there to kill himself and not ask God to kill Parker.

Couple reviews from me though. ;-D

The Ex 6/10
Decent movie I thought, although it seems like the critics didn't like it. I think I rate it higher than them because the movie had a few of my favorite TV actors, like Zach Braff and Jason Bateman. Something to watch if you're looking for a comedy but not liking the stuff that has come out in the last 6 months or so.

Next 6/10
Another Nic Cage movie that garnered more bad reviews than good. The movie suffered from wooden, one-dimensional characters though, especially the bad guys. No explanation given as to why they're doing what they're doing. Jessica Biel looked damn hot though. Also a cool counter-terrorist shootout with the terrorists battle near the end that should please anyone who plays/played Counterstrike or Rainbow Six.
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:18 am

cardiac cats wrote:2 more reviews...

The Lookout-8/10 part bank heist, part character drama... stars Joseph Gordon-Levitt as a fractured young man trying to get on with his life after surviving a horrendous car accident in which a few of his friends were killed. He's been physically and mentally scarred and just seems detached from reality...
anyways, not to give too much away: he now works at a bank(as a janitor) and starts hanging out with some questionable characters(including a possible love interest) and the plot takes off from there. Pretty good flick, I was pleasantly surprised.

The Prestige-8/10 I've heard plenty of good things about this movie. First off, great cast: Bale is awesome as usual and Scarlett can do no wrong in my book. The plot is very unique and just gradually keeps picking up steam until the final act, which honestly left me very confused(not exactly in a bad way). I know a second viewing will help me understand more things. Me likes.

totally agree that movie was awesome, totally shocked in the end ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk