What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:40 am

We saw Shrek the Third yesterday. Pretty bad....
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby treat24 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:46 am

terpfan wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:I also watched the entire Pirates of the Caribbean the other day. I had seen parts of it, but not the whole thing all the way through. I thought it was a very well produced movie and would give it an 8/10. Liked it so much I got Pirates 2 and it was WAY better IMO. I would give it a 9/10. Now I can't wait to see three when I get a chance. Hopefully its not a letdown.

You thought Pirates 2 was better than Pirates 1? Pirates 2 didnt even feel like a whole movie. Pirates 1 was so much better. I'd give #1 a 9 and #2 a 6 or a 7.

agree 1000000000% ... i go 9/10 for the 1st and 7/10 for the 2nd
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby steelerfan513 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:23 am

aaawall91 wrote:
logan wrote:i saw knocked up. great great comedy and the movie overall ,less the comedy, was pretty solid.i'd put it right up neck and neck with anchor man and overall better then 40YO Virgin and way way better then ricky bobby.it was fun seeing a couple of the office people make cameos as well. definite must go ;-D

I saw it as well, its one of the best movies I've seen probably all-time, or maybe it just seems that way with all the junk thats came out recently. But theres really some parts they don't need to show. But I'd give it a 4.8/5

I saw it yesterday as well and thought it was hilarious. You could definitely tell it was made by the guys who made The 40-year-old Virgin. They also did show some unnecessary stuff though. :-P Still, definitely a 9.5 out of 10. ;-D
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Jimboozie » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:38 am

treat24 wrote:
terpfan wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:I also watched the entire Pirates of the Caribbean the other day. I had seen parts of it, but not the whole thing all the way through. I thought it was a very well produced movie and would give it an 8/10. Liked it so much I got Pirates 2 and it was WAY better IMO. I would give it a 9/10. Now I can't wait to see three when I get a chance. Hopefully its not a letdown.

You thought Pirates 2 was better than Pirates 1? Pirates 2 didnt even feel like a whole movie. Pirates 1 was so much better. I'd give #1 a 9 and #2 a 6 or a 7.

9/10 for Pirates, Treat? Hmm, I thought you had good taste in movies. :-?
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:52 am

Jimboozie wrote:
treat24 wrote:
terpfan wrote:

9/10 for Pirates, Treat? Hmm, I thought you had good taste in movies. :-?

what gave you that impression? :-b

no, i really enjoyed it... i'm talking first viewing with my wife, went to the theater, it was a good time... i honestly like most movies... by default they jump to 6 or 7 just for entertaining me... they go up or drop down from there... but I almost never give out a 10... so yeah... maybe 9 is a bit of a stretch... but hey I would give the harry potter movies 9's too even though some were far better than others... love the stories... just my preference...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:06 pm

Watched Apocalypto the other night and really enjoyed it. The costuming and cinematography was awesome. Man Mel Gibson sure likes his movies to be brutal and bloody...and Apocalypto was. the scene where the doods head is spurting blood was nutz! Great story and awesome action scenes. It was visually stunning all the way through and all the characters were very believable. I give it a 8.5/10.

I Also watched Pan's Labyrinth and absolutly loved it, pure magic. It was really cool how the director Guillermo Del Toro mixed fairy tale themes with nasty brutality. The costuming was brilliant as was the CG work and sets. I thought it was great how he basically told children's fairy tale for adults. 9.5/10. ;-D ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby cardiac cats » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:18 pm

another apocalypto review...

Apocalypto 9/10 I really enjoyed Mel Gibson's latest. The costumes, set designs and locations, and even the musical score were all great. There were some great action scenes and a very intense chase scene towards the end of the film. The film is quite brutal and violent, which I'm fine with, but there was one scene involving a panther attack that was a little outrageous-no biggie though, it was quite brief...As for the main character's situation(Jaguar Paw), you can't help but root for this guy. Good movie ;D
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Jimboozie » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:13 pm

Any horror fans going to see Hostel 2 in theaters? I LOVED the first one but the early reviews for part 2 are awful. :-?
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:39 pm

Jimboozie wrote:Any horror fans going to see Hostel 2 in theaters? I LOVED the first one but the early reviews for part 2 are awful. :-?

my buddy got a *ahem* bootleg copy from a relative that is supposedly before they cut it down to the R rating... I guess it's way more gruesome and they wanna watch it again with a bunch of us on wednesday... i'll let you know... i might see the theater version just to compare if it's good enough
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby stomperrob » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:39 pm

Watched a movie I haven't seen for ten years (the video store here is clearing out old VHS movies so I grabbed a bunch) - Trainspotting - about a bunch of Scottish heroin addicts for those that haven't ever seen it, both bleak and humourous at the same time - always meant to get around to watching it again and glad I did, really enjoyed it!
;D ;D

Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk