What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Superman in Training » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:16 am

Nilmerf wrote:Rented a couple classics (like I rent anything else)..

Pulp Fiction:I want to order one of those bad mother wallets from the internet.. but I don't have a credit card, and it'd be kinda weird asking my mom to use hers. Haha!

This guy I know works for yahoo, and everyone in his dept. got an i-pod, and they all could get it engraved.... he got his engraved so just in case the situation ever came up where all there ipods were mixed together he could say... "mine is the one that says "Bad Mother F....."

Pretty funny
Superman in Training
Head Coach
Head Coach

Web Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby DUKE » Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:03 pm

I happened to watch a movie I knew nothing about last night. It just happened to be on, and it grabbed my attention before I could change the channel (Independent Film channel). The movie is called Mr. Jealousy. Eric Stoltz is the only well known actor in it, but the movie was very good and hilarious at times. I will actually buy it if it's available on DVD and I see it somewhere. I did some research on it today and found that many also recommend the movie Kicking and Screaming, which is written and directed by the same person (Noah Baumbach) as this movie. It is always nice to be pleasantly suprised by a movie like this one. I definitely recommend it.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby Canacuna » Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:30 am

Fever Pitch... isn't that based off of a Nick Hornby book? Eh, anyway... I'm going to steal a line I saw on the IMDb.com message boards...

MrGeneSnitsky @ IMDb.com wrote:"Jimmy Fallon was funny the first time I saw him... when he was called Adam Sandler."

I'll still check out Fever Pitch when it comes out to video, though. I'm crazy like that.

I've never heard of Mr. Jealousy. I'll try and keep an eye on IFC to see if they show it again sometime soon...
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Superman in Training » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:23 am

I just watched a little known movie called "Session 9"

Pretty creepy.... It is about these five guys that go into a old abandoned mental hospital, that has a horrific past, to clean out the asbestos. Stars David Caruso and Josh Lucas.

I was pretty good.. a nice little find, but I was hoping for a little more

Worth a rent though for sure

6.5 - 7 (^)
Superman in Training
Head Coach
Head Coach

Web Supporter

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:35 am

Just saw Sin City. Pretty good flick... what I liked the most was the originality. 9 of 10.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby maddog60 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:58 am

Caught "The Girl Next Door" on a movie channel today. I had really nothing better to do waiting for my poker buddies to arrive, and though I thought the movie would be awful (I only kept it on because Elisha Cuthbert is just hot), it surprised me.

None of the acting was terrible, while most of the jokes were about sex, some of this movie was pretty original. If nothing else, its worth leaving on while you're doing some chore or paperwork at home, as the eye-candy is nice. The plot wasn't entirely predictable, though in pretty standard romantic comedy format.

Overall, 7/10, worth a rental, but you're not missing out on anything big.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby SeaWolf » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:47 pm

I was home sick on Sun, Mon, and Tues. All I did was lay in bed watching TV. Did watch a couple of movies on cable. I had seen them all before.

X-men 2 - Overall a good movie. The fight with Wolverein and that one beatch was nice. Good FX. Hope they make a X-men 3.
8/10 stars

Starshiptroopers - When I frist saw the previews in the movietheaters, I thought this was going to be an awsome movie. Nothing beats a good scifi movie. Well not so good. Bad acting. Bad story. Hell the main characters are from Buenos Aires, and have latino names, but they are whiter than I am. Too much gore for me. Other than looking at Denise Richards or the blonde chick who bares her b00bs, not much to rave about.

3/10 stars

SWAT - Another movie that I thought would be better. Decent movie, but not good. Lots of action. I was scratching my head at times, thinking no freaken way. That would never happen, or could happen. Just felt I needed more from this movie.

5/10 stars
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Superman in Training » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:49 pm

SeaWolf wrote:I was home sick on Sun, Mon, and Tues. All I did was lay in bed watching TV. Did watch a couple of movies on cable. I had seen them all before.

X-men 2 - Overall a good movie. The fight with Wolverein and that one beatch was nice. Good FX. Hope they make a X-men 3. 8/10 stars

X-men3 Already in the works
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0376994/
Last edited by Superman in Training on Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Superman in Training
Head Coach
Head Coach

Web Supporter

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:50 pm

i loved the X-men movies...great action and special effects. hopefully they will come out with a new one for sure..and starship troopers...yeah that movie sucked bad. denise richards is hot tho. still cant get over that scene with her in wild things. :-)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby cardiac cats » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:36 pm

going old school.... Single White Female came on a movie channel the other night, and I must say- pretty damn good. Nothing extraordinary and maybe it was just a tad too long, but overall a decent thriller with some good T and A ;-D , seriously like 5 or 6 different shots...

anyhoo, I give it 8 outta 10.
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk