What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:59 am

Saw Ocean's 13 today and I am so relieved that the crew got back to their charming ways after such a horrid sequel. I won't get into too many details, but the third installment was very smart and had many of the same witty spots that made the first film such a joy. Al Pacino and Ellen Barkin re-unite for their first film since "Sea of Love" and make a solid villainous duo. Just to get the bad taste of the 2nd film out of your mouth, you owe it to yourself to see "13". The ending is also wide open and left me hoping they continue the series with another installment.

9/10
Image
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 14333
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Room 7609

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby moonhead » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:40 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Saw Ocean's 13 today and I am so relieved that the crew got back to their charming ways after such a horrid sequel. I won't get into too many details, but the third installment was very smart and had many of the same witty spots that made the first film such a joy. Al Pacino and Ellen Barkin re-unite for their first film since "Sea of Love" and make a solid villainous duo. Just to get the bad taste of the 2nd film out of your mouth, you owe it to yourself to see "13". The ending is also wide open and left me hoping they continue the series with another installment.

9/10

saw this two nights ago. i was not a fan of #2 (12). i thought 12 was a steaming pile of crap. 11 was fun. 12 was bunk. didn't think 13 would even be worth the time, but it was the only movie that started within 30 minutes of the time that i showed up at the theater. i was pleasantly surprised. 13 was 10x the movie that 12 was. pacino kind of mailed it in, but his role was not that rich or meaty anyway. the rest of the crew was fabulous, and elin barkin was fantastic. all in all this was a really fun, good summer movie. spider man sucks. see this instead.
Image
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 15994
Joined: 16 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby citybirds27 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:23 pm

I watched stranger than fiction.......... 5 stars
Image
citybirds27
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Matchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 2060
Joined: 9 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby SniperShot » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:12 pm

Saw Breach this afternoon.

A must see for anyone even remotely interested in the Robert Hansen case. Good acting too. Was expecting a little more action but there are some very good suspenseful scenes throughout and overall an amazing story.

8/10
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 7511
(Past Year: 14)
Joined: 27 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Fairfax, VA

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:51 pm

SniperShot wrote:Saw Breach this afternoon.

A must see for anyone even remotely interested in the Robert Hansen case. Good acting too. Was expecting a little more action but there are some very good suspenseful scenes throughout and overall an amazing story.

8/10


Man, awfully positive review for just an 8 :-???? :S
Image

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 7746
Joined: 11 May 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby SniperShot » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:25 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
SniperShot wrote:Saw Breach this afternoon.

A must see for anyone even remotely interested in the Robert Hansen case. Good acting too. Was expecting a little more action but there are some very good suspenseful scenes throughout and overall an amazing story.

8/10


Man, awfully positive review for just an 8 :-???? :S
I'm an action guy and going into it I expected way more than there was. Story was 10/10 but action was 6/10 therefore I gave it an 8/10... Take it or leave it :-b
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 7511
(Past Year: 14)
Joined: 27 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Fairfax, VA

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby logan » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:20 pm

moonhead wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Saw Ocean's 13 today and I am so relieved that the crew got back to their charming ways after such a horrid sequel. I won't get into too many details, but the third installment was very smart and had many of the same witty spots that made the first film such a joy. Al Pacino and Ellen Barkin re-unite for their first film since "Sea of Love" and make a solid villainous duo. Just to get the bad taste of the 2nd film out of your mouth, you owe it to yourself to see "13". The ending is also wide open and left me hoping they continue the series with another installment.

9/10

saw this two nights ago. i was not a fan of #2 (12). i thought 12 was a steaming pile of crap. 11 was fun. 12 was bunk. didn't think 13 would even be worth the time, but it was the only movie that started within 30 minutes of the time that i showed up at the theater. i was pleasantly surprised. 13 was 10x the movie that 12 was. pacino kind of mailed it in, but his role was not that rich or meaty anyway. the rest of the crew was fabulous, and elin barkin was fantastic. all in all this was a really fun, good summer movie. spider man sucks. see this instead.


i agree it was a pretty enjoyable movie overall. still not quite as clever and good as the first but worlds better then the second.needed more cheadle though imo. the guy is a fantastic actor no matter what material he is given and his scene with pacino was one of the best scenes in the movie.he's the main reason i wanted to see the first one to begin with.
Image
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 7273
(Past Year: 12)
Joined: 4 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby treat24 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:30 pm

saw the uncut unrated pre - movie theater version of Hostel II today. It is MUCH better than the first... tough for me to rate cuz it's a gruesome horror movie. I guess if you liked the first you will LOVE this. If you thought the first was ok, you will be happy with this. It has slightly more of a plot, but it's still a horror movie plot so... grain of salt...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18188
Joined: 6 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby beanoX3 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:10 pm

Watch 2 movies over the last week. Oceans 13 and Shooter. ;-D

I agree with most of what's been said about Oceans 13, that it was much better than 12, although the movies leave nothing of suspense anymore. Everything was pretty predictable and I'm getting a bit annoyed how the crew can get any piece of equipment they want (i.e. the drill). I'd give Oceans 13 3 and a half stars out of 5.

Shooter was much better than I thought it would be though. Any fans of sniping action (meaning YOU SniperShot :-b ) should love the action sequences, especially the beginning. Story seemed a bit rushed after the first 30 minutes though. Since this movie was adapted from a book, I plan on getting the book sometime this week to compare. I'd give Shooter 4 out of 5 stars.
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 5971
Joined: 14 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby Jimboozie » Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:52 pm

treat24 wrote:saw the uncut unrated pre - movie theater version of Hostel II today. It is MUCH better than the first... tough for me to rate cuz it's a gruesome horror movie. I guess if you liked the first you will LOVE this. If you thought the first was ok, you will be happy with this. It has slightly more of a plot, but it's still a horror movie plot so... grain of salt...


What if you LOVED the first?? :-b :-?

I don't know if I should see it now. The guy who gave Pirates of the Caribbean 9/10 is giving Hostel 2 the hard sell. :-o :-o :-b
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 12527
Joined: 6 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 11:25 hours
(and 35 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact