What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby treat24 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:53 pm

Jimboozie wrote:
treat24 wrote:saw the uncut unrated pre - movie theater version of Hostel II today. It is MUCH better than the first... tough for me to rate cuz it's a gruesome horror movie. I guess if you liked the first you will LOVE this. If you thought the first was ok, you will be happy with this. It has slightly more of a plot, but it's still a horror movie plot so... grain of salt...

What if you LOVED the first?? :-b :-?

I don't know if I should see it now. The guy who gave Pirates of the Caribbean 9/10 is giving Hostel 2 the hard sell. :-o :-o :-b

shut it... :-b pm'd ya
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:28 pm

I saw Ocean's 13 today, and I honestly thought it was REALLY good. A lot of sideplots along the way made it a bit tough to follow, but still a great movie. One suggestion though, if and when you are going to see it, make sure that you are ready to pay attention, because you will need to to follow it.

8.5/10

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby J2thez929 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:13 am

I saw Mr Brooks over the weekend and it was suprising very interesting and suspenseful. Although Dane Cook should not have had that role that he played it was still a cool movie overall. 8/10 ;-D
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:20 am

I saw The Good Shepard over the weekend. I really enjoyed it. I was tough to follow at times with the swiching back and forth from past to present, but it was well done and an interesting movie.

9/10

Oh yea, i watched Boondock Saints for the millionth time at 2:30 AM on Sat of course it was awesome and got another solid 11/10 from me ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:37 am

saw 1408 this weekend... pretty good... some of my friends liked it more than me, but it's a good watch, some decents scenes. plot is ok, i almost threw something and started kicking people when I thought it was over but then it continued for 20 more minutes and ended MUCH better.

8/10 maybe a nudge higher...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:56 pm

I saw Pirates 3. MEH, didn't care for it. It was OK, but they have gotten more and more out there and fantastical in nature. After seeing all of them and looking back, I do think the first one was the best. Then probably two and three pretty close to the same.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby logan » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:33 pm

treat24 wrote:saw 1408 this weekend... pretty good... some of my friends liked it more than me, but it's a good watch, some decents scenes. plot is ok, i almost threw something and started kicking people when I thought it was over but then it continued for 20 more minutes and ended MUCH better.

8/10 maybe a nudge higher...

i enjoyed it quite a bit but then cusack is my favorite actor so i guess i could be slightly skewed in my opion. i thought it was pretty solid for something that was adapted from a short story though.the high point for me was the cusack and jackson scene as that was the solidly acted by both.jackson gets a bad rap about his acting and while some of it is pretty deserved nowadays the guy can really shine when given solid material.overall a great movie. ;-D
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:09 am

deerayfan072 wrote:Oh yea, i watched Boondock Saints for the millionth time at 2:30 AM on Sat of course it was awesome and got another solid 11/10 from me ;-D

Went back and watched the DVD again after seeing this post as it got me in the mood. 11/10 once again here as well ;-D
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:12 am

Saw a couple first timers as well.

First up was Pirates 3. Definitely the weakest of the trilogy. It was the furthest "out there" and was also the only one of the three where the humor that was interjected into serious scenes was pretty corny rather than hilarious. Still, it was a good movie in all, and caps off one of my favorite trilogies out there. 8/10.

Then I saw The Fountain on HD-DVD. Absolute 10 10 10 out of 10. I swear I will never see a review for this movie that does not either rathe it a 10/10 or a 0/10. It is the epitome of a love it or hate it type of movie with no inbetween. Personally I fall into the love it category. I don't buy many movies but this was an instant purchase for me.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Jimboozie » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:39 am

I Just saw a late night showing of Transformers.
I'm not gonna spoil anything, but I must say its a 9/10.
The movie received a standing ovation from our crowd.
At first, I was a bit skeptical about it, but the hype was truly worth it.
Go see it....NOW!
:-D ;-D
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk