What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby cardiac cats » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:07 pm

got another review...

Rounders-8/10 pretty good movie...poker can be one of the trickier subjects to capture on film and still hold one's interest(persay for someone who doesn't follow poker), but I thought this film handled that aspect really well. It wasn't too confusing for the average joe nor was it too unrealistic for a seasoned poker pro(think ridiculously amazing hands every time)-It struck a nice balance between the two. The film also has a good cast: Matt Damon, Edward Norton, John Malkovich, Martin Landau and John Turturro were all impressive. After seeing this film, I just wanted to get out there and play me some poker :-)
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby SeaWolf » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:34 pm

I saw Transformers last weekend. I liked the movie but was not in love with it as some have posted. I disliked the fact that Bumblebee is a Camero and not a VW Beatle. I also found it hard at times to tell the difference between some of the Transformers. When did the Deceptacons have a police car Transformer? Also by using Bone Crusher, will that affect the possible sowing of the Constructacons/Devastator? The special affects were nice, but at times during the final fight were too much. Will I see it again? Yes, but not in the theater. Any fan of The Transformers needs to see this.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby aldridg6in » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:29 am

SeaWolf wrote:I saw Transformers last weekend. I liked the movie but was not in love with it as some have posted. I disliked the fact that Bumblebee is a Camero and not a VW Beatle. I also found it hard at times to tell the difference between some of the Transformers. When did the Deceptacons have a police car Transformer? Also by using Bone Crusher, will that affect the possible sowing of the Constructacons/Devastator? The special affects were nice, but at times during the final fight were too much. Will I see it again? Yes, but not in the theater. Any fan of The Transformers needs to see this.

I saw Transformers a couple of weeks ago. I am a huge fan of Transformers from back in the day so I was really hoping the movie would be good. The special effects were nice, but I didn't really care much for the movie overall. The dialogue was really cheesy during most of the movie. I hated that they had to throw so much about Ebay in there...I could have done without that. Plus, Optimus Prime should not have flames on his truck. He looked more like Jeff Gordon's hauler than the real Optimus Prime. I understand the need for updating sometimes, but that bothered me.

All that said, I might would watch it again on DVD because it wasn't terrible...there was just enough in it that I could have done without.
aldridg6in
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby SJNez46 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:11 am

The Simpsons Movie 8.5/10. Very funny
^soty
SJNez46
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Indys_time » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:22 am

SJNez46 wrote:The Simpsons Movie 8.5/10. Very funny

yep good, but 8.25/10 good funny movie
Thanks to Joelamosobadiah for another great sig
Indys_time
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby jayday » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:31 am

I watched Dog Day Afternoon last night....Pacino is on top of his game as always....

It was based on a true story and while I respect the director's choice to follow it pretty strictly, I felt the plot was the weakest part of the movie....It crawled at parts....But the acting, from Pacino, to Charles Durning, to John Cazale is all top notch....Speaking of Cazale, it would be interesting to see where he would have went if it had not been for his bone cancer....He was on his way, DDA, the Godfather, the Deer Hunter....Those are some pretty sick movies to be a part of...He was actually dying of bone cancer during the filming of Deer Hunter...

8/10
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:35 pm

I watched The Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys last night. It's a great movie about these 8th grade kids at a Catholic school. It's a little bit strange, but it's a great movie, and I highly recommend it.

8.8/10
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby onnestabe » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:46 am

Saw "I Now Pronounce you Chuck and Larry" last weekend. 7/10. It was exactly what you would expect out of a Happy Madison production. Most of the jokes were stupid, but very funny. It's not something that is going to challenge anyone on an intellectual level, but anyone walking into a movie with Sandler and Kevin James has the wrong expectation to begin with.

Oh, and Jennifer Biel is smokin' hot!
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby FantasyMan13 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:43 am

onnestabe wrote:Saw "I Now Pronounce you Chuck and Larry" last weekend. 7/10. It was exactly what you would expect out of a Happy Madison production. Most of the jokes were stupid, but very funny. It's not something that is going to challenge anyone on an intellectual level, but anyone walking into a movie with Sandler and Kevin James has the wrong expectation to begin with.

Oh, and Jennifer Biel is smokin' hot!

Good to see you postin' around onnest ;-D . I wanna see that too.
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby Jimboozie » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:23 am

jayday wrote:I watched Dog Day Afternoon last night....Pacino is on top of his game as always....

It was based on a true story and while I respect the director's choice to follow it pretty strictly, I felt the plot was the weakest part of the movie....It crawled at parts....But the acting, from Pacino, to Charles Durning, to John Cazale is all top notch....Speaking of Cazale, it would be interesting to see where he would have went if it had not been for his bone cancer....He was on his way, DDA, the Godfather, the Deer Hunter....Those are some pretty sick movies to be a part of...He was actually dying of bone cancer during the filming of Deer Hunter...

8/10

I was just thinking about this flick today. Great film. Love just about everything Pacino is in, and he does not disappoint in this one. ;-D

Anyway, I saw Grannies Gone Wild, Vol. 17, which was pretty good. 9.0017243/10! :-b
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk