What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby firesword » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:45 am

onnestabe wrote:Saw "I Now Pronounce you Chuck and Larry" last weekend. 7/10. It was exactly what you would expect out of a Happy Madison production. Most of the jokes were stupid, but very funny. It's not something that is going to challenge anyone on an intellectual level, but anyone walking into a movie with Sandler and Kevin James has the wrong expectation to begin with.

Oh, and Jennifer Biel is smokin' hot!

I agree man. But seriously the Biel scene is worth the admission price :-L
firesword
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 17)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby onnestabe » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:15 am

FantasyMan13 wrote:
onnestabe wrote:Saw "I Now Pronounce you Chuck and Larry" last weekend. 7/10. It was exactly what you would expect out of a Happy Madison production. Most of the jokes were stupid, but very funny. It's not something that is going to challenge anyone on an intellectual level, but anyone walking into a movie with Sandler and Kevin James has the wrong expectation to begin with.

Oh, and Jennifer Biel is smokin' hot!

Good to see you postin' around onnest ;-D . I wanna see that too.

Been super-busy at work lately, with no end in sight :-t . I stop by when I can. Now that I have some drafts going on I am around more.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby cardiac cats » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:25 pm

watched pathfinder today over at a friends house...

Pathfinder 5/10

Just an average flick. The plot is basically this: vikings Vs. fleeing native americans. One such native american is actually a viking himself(though he was raised by one of the indian tribes and lives by their ways) and so he's the one to lead the fight against the cruel invaders. There were some cool fight scenes, lots of violence and destruction, and graphic deaths but not much else to enjoy. The actual settings were cool(lots of mountains,snowy areas, rivers, and forests) and the outfits of the vikings were pretty sweet but it just wasn't enought to save this film... meh, unless you're obsessed with vikings and/or native americans I'd pass.
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby eagles21 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:33 pm

Saw the Simpsons movie today and I thought it was hilarious. I'll give it an 8.5/10. I wish they had the pig stay throughout the movie (instead of it basically disappearing halfway through), but it was extremely funny anyway.
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mthomas720 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:48 pm

eagles21 wrote:Saw the Simpsons movie today and I thought it was hilarious. I'll give it an 8.5/10. I wish they had the pig stay throughout the movie (instead of it basically disappearing halfway through), but it was extremely funny anyway.

Yeah I saw the Simpsons movie a couple days ago. I agree an 8.5/10. I loved the scene in the convenience store and also the part where the Eskimo takes Homer in and has him meditate.
Props to sigmaker for the sig

"It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up." - Vince Lombardi
mthomas720
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:58 pm

Watched Hot Fuzz again on DVD today. It's just as good as Shaun of the Dead if not better, so if you liked SOTD, you'll like Hot Fuzz too. 8.5/10
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Jimboozie » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:20 pm

Rescue Dawn. Saw it. Its epic. Goodybe.

:-b
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:20 am

steelerfan513 wrote:Watched Hot Fuzz again on DVD today. It's just as good as Shaun of the Dead if not better, so if you liked SOTD, you'll like Hot Fuzz too. 8.5/10

No freaking way! I watched Hot Fuzz yesterday and while I thought it was hilarious theres no way its better than SOTD...not even close. :-?

YARP! :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby bobbing_headz » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:00 am

Metroid wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:Watched Hot Fuzz again on DVD today. It's just as good as Shaun of the Dead if not better, so if you liked SOTD, you'll like Hot Fuzz too. 8.5/10

No freaking way! I watched Hot Fuzz yesterday and while I thought it was hilarious theres no way its better than SOTD...not even close. :-?

Ya, I thought the movie was only fair. But the ending was sweet ;-D B-)
May have made up for the movie. :-?
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:18 pm

bobbing_headz wrote:
Metroid wrote:

Ya, I thought the movie was only fair. But the ending was sweet ;-D B-)
May have made up for the movie. :-?

Yarp. %-6

:-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk