What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby iky » Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:34 pm

Last night I watched Astronaut Farmer
It was great all-american family movie, really took things in perspective. Recommend it 7 on 1-10 scale.

soty is tha man!
iky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby NittanyLions » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:50 pm

I've seen quite a few movies (for me) over the past week, it's been sooo hot:

5th Harry Potter- I actually thought it was really good, by far the best one yet. 9/10
Black Christmas- Really stupid horror movie, don't waste your money 4/10
Ladies Man- It had a very limited amount of funny moments, not a good one 4/10
Transformers- It was a pretty long one, still good though. 8/10
Disturbia- Pretty much met my expectations, not one of the great thrillers, but still decent 7/10
40 year old virgin- I would rank this around anchorman, which got a good laugh out of me 7/10
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:53 pm

NittanyLions wrote:Black Christmas- Really stupid horror movie, don't waste your money 4/10

Yeah I thought the original sucked. Why remake a crappy movie? I guess it's got some sort of cult following but I think its pretty lame. :-?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby onnestabe » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:22 am

mthomas720 wrote:
eagles21 wrote:Saw the Simpsons movie today and I thought it was hilarious. I'll give it an 8.5/10. I wish they had the pig stay throughout the movie (instead of it basically disappearing halfway through), but it was extremely funny anyway.

Yeah I saw the Simpsons movie a couple days ago. I agree an 8.5/10. I loved the scene in the convenience store and also the part where the Eskimo takes Homer in and has him meditate.

Saw it this weekend. I will also say 8.5/10.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby jayday » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:10 am

Man, I had an excellent weekend of movies....

Started off with The Island...Set in the future, an underground compound is home to the last humans on Earth after a "contamination" that has killed off everything outside...But things are not what they seem to be....The anti-stem cell rhetoric was a bit much, but I don't want to give anymore away though....I give it an 8.5/10...Oh, and Scarlet Johannson is smoking in this one...

Next up was The Prestige....The twists and turns in this one were great as well....Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman play rival magicians in England during the Victorian era....Great writing, acting, and Michael Caine narrates parts....Just a great film overall....I give it a 9/10....Oh, and Scarlet Johannson is smoking in this one too...

Finally, I ended the weekend with The Departed....This was easily one of the best movies I have ever seen....It's easy to see why it won Best Picture...The cast was full of Hollywood stars that included Jack Nicholson, Matt Damon, Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Wahlberg, Alec Baldwin, and Martin Sheen....I would recommend it to anyone....It gets a 10/10...
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Metroid » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:19 am

Yup that is an excellent weekend of movie watching jayday. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby steelerfan513 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:24 pm

jayday wrote:Man, I had an excellent weekend of movies....

Started off with The Island...Set in the future, an underground compound is home to the last humans on Earth after a "contamination" that has killed off everything outside...But things are not what they seem to be....The anti-stem cell rhetoric was a bit much, but I don't want to give anymore away though....I give it an 8.5/10...Oh, and Scarlet Johannson is smoking in this one...

Next up was The Prestige....The twists and turns in this one were great as well....Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman play rival magicians in England during the Victorian era....Great writing, acting, and Michael Caine narrates parts....Just a great film overall....I give it a 9/10....Oh, and Scarlet Johannson is smoking in this one too...

Finally, I ended the weekend with The Departed....This was easily one of the best movies I have ever seen....It's easy to see why it won Best Picture...The cast was full of Hollywood stars that included Jack Nicholson, Matt Damon, Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Wahlberg, Alec Baldwin, and Martin Sheen....I would recommend it to anyone....It gets a 10/10...

The Island was pretty good, but The Prestige is very good and The Departed is definitely one of the best I've ever seen as well. Good selections. ;-D
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby moonhead » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:36 pm

has anyone seen bourne ultimatum yet? i've been hearing phenomenal reviews so far...
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby cardiac cats » Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:49 pm

got 2 more reviews...

Hard Candy 7.5/10 Small intense indie flick, I thought the 2 main characters did a great job and had a realistic chemistry together. I can't really explain the plot without giving too much away, but basically these 2 strangers(a young girl and an older male) who have been chatting over the internet arrange to meet in person. After meeting up they decide to go back to his place and this is where the twists and turns truly begin. If you're a fan of psychological thrillers, give it a whirl ;-D

Thelma and Louise 8.5/10 I caught this earlier today. I missed like the first 5 or 10 minutes but I can live with it. Great cast: Susan Sarandon, Geena Davis, Brad Pitt, Harvey Keitel, Michael Madsen... and shooter Mcgavin from Happy Gilmore was HILARIOUS in this movie(I can't think of his real name). I was laughing throughout and definitely entertained. Good flick ;-D
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:12 pm

moonhead wrote:has anyone seen bourne ultimatum yet? i've been hearing phenomenal reviews so far...

Not yet, but I REALLY want to.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk