What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby Metroid » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:08 am

J2thez929 wrote:I rented Deja Vu yesterday and really enjoyed the movie. Its not realistic but if you take it for the entertainment value, i thought it was top notch. Good thiller, thinker, and keeps interested right from the start. Plus, Denzel always puts on a great performance ;-D

Yeah I really liked Deja Vu as well, to me it seemed life a fresh idea for a movie and Denzel was awesome. ;-D

Oh and the girl in that flick Paula Patton, is a cutie! :-L
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moonhead » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:08 am

i watched the proposition. sounds raunchy, yes. but it's an indy western. set in australia. very gritty, very dirty. very good. storyline: 3 outlaw brothers. the two younger brothers have stopped "riding" with the eldest. he has become too ridiculous even for them. the two younger brothers are captured. the captain propositions the middle brother (played by guy pierce), that he will let them go if he kills the older brother. but he keeps the younger brother and gives him 9 days to do the deed. guy pierce is great, as usual. ray winstone plays the captain, he's awesome. david wenham plays the boss of the captain and is wonderful as a detestable uppity weiner. i'd recommend it to anyone.

9/10
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby josebach » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:15 am

moonhead wrote:i watched the proposition. sounds raunchy, yes. but it's an indy western. set in australia. very gritty, very dirty. very good. storyline: 3 outlaw brothers. the two younger brothers have stopped "riding" with the eldest. he has become too ridiculous even for them. the two younger brothers are captured. the captain propositions the middle brother (played by guy pierce), that he will let them go if he kills the older brother. but he keeps the younger brother and gives him 9 days to do the deed. guy pierce is great, as usual. ray winstone plays the captain, he's awesome. david wenham plays the boss of the captain and is wonderful as a detestable uppity weiner. i'd recommend it to anyone.

9/10

Yeah, that was a solid western. I'll watch anything Guy Pierce is in. It certainly isn't "Hollywood", though, so don't expect much pizzazz.

B-

Speaking of Guy Pierce, I just watched Factory Girl with him in it. I thought he did an awesome job portraying Andy Warhol, but the movie itself was boring and hard to sit through.

C
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby kyguy78 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:08 pm

Saw "Bourne Ultimatum." It was solid. Not great, not terrible, but I thought it was paced really well and offered a pretty satisfying conclusion. I was kinda bummed that you didn't find out about the history between Bourne and Nikki that was hinted around at though.

"Just when you think you know the answers, I change the questions!"
kyguy78
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:55 pm

Hard Candy saw this last weekend, basically about an internet predator who picks up a 14 year old who turns the tables on him. convincing acting, good camera work...tough subject matter for some but it was pretty interesting
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:28 pm

Saw United 93 today for the first time. Very moving movie to say the least. I also thought it was well done.

And yeah, I know I am really late, but hey I don't watch many movies. :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:17 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:Saw United 93 today for the first time. Very moving movie to say the least. I also thought it was well done.

I haven't seen it yet either. :-D
Metroid

Postby moonhead » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:35 pm

Metroid wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:Saw United 93 today for the first time. Very moving movie to say the least. I also thought it was well done.

wow. that movie is intense.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Metroid » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:41 pm

moonhead wrote:
Metroid wrote:

I bet, thats kinda why I've putting it off.
Metroid

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:44 pm

moonhead wrote:
Metroid wrote:

Yeah, the people I work with now said its a must-see so I did decide to watch it. And they were right. It puts a lot of things in perspective. I think its a good thing for people to watch every once in a while. Helps get me up for work every morning.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk