What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby treat24 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:55 am

Metroid wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:I left one out of my last post. Finally saw Shaun of the Dead. I was pretty excited to see it as everyone had told me it was pretty good and it seemed like my type of movie, but I came away very disappointed. I dunno, maybe expectations were just too high. 6.5/10.

I'm sure everyone is going to be asking you this, but how could you not like that movie? :-?

no doubt. :-?

steelerfan513 wrote:Just finished watching Planet Terror,the second part of Grindhouse. Holy crap, what a great movie. The special effects, the action, the comedy, it all was just amazing. I highly recommend it, 9.7/10

Thats what funny, it wasn't the second part, it was the first movie. Planet Terror was shown first and Death Proof was 2nd. I dunno why they released Death Proof first. It pisses me off that they didn't release them together, I would have thought they were above that...guess not. Gotta make money off the masses I guess. :-t

I bet there's a double disc box set that comes out in a few months with both movies.... :-[

There is... A full version of the theatrical version of grindhouse. All 3 hours just like in the theaters. Last I heard they are trying to get it out in December. People who bought the 2 dvds will still buy the full one I bet. Smart... They are gonna make a lot of money.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:18 am

steelerfan513 wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:I left one out of my last post. Finally saw Shaun of the Dead. I was pretty excited to see it as everyone had told me it was pretty good and it seemed like my type of movie, but I came away very disappointed. I dunno, maybe expectations were just too high. 6.5/10.

I'm sure everyone is going to be asking you this, but how could you not like that movie? :-?

It's not that I didn't like it, it was just ok. I was entertained, but I never laughed out loud and wasn't really sucked in like I thought I would be even though it seemed like it would be the type of movie I'd really like. I don't know what it was, it was just ok. I liked most of the movies I've seen in the last 6 months quite a bit more.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby josebach » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:26 am

Watch it again. Every time I watch it I like it more.

treat24 wrote:There is... A full version of the theatrical version of grindhouse. All 3 hours just like in the theaters. Last I heard they are trying to get it out in December. People who bought the 2 dvds will still buy the full one I bet. Smart... They are gonna make a lot of money.

Grindhouse was one of the biggest bombs of the year and they lost their asses. They have to try to recoup somehow. If they do put both movies on one DVD, I hope they include the missing cuts that were excluded from the theatrical version. I saw it in the theaters and liked both movies, but didn't think either of them were great. That may change if I see the missing cuts.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby treat24 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:29 am

josebach wrote:

Watch it again. Every time I watch it I like it more.

treat24 wrote:There is... A full version of the theatrical version of grindhouse. All 3 hours just like in the theaters. Last I heard they are trying to get it out in December. People who bought the 2 dvds will still buy the full one I bet. Smart... They are gonna make a lot of money.

Grindhouse was one of the biggest bombs of the year and they lost their asses. They have to try to recoup somehow. If they do put both movies on one DVD, I hope they include the missing cuts that were excluded from the theatrical version. I saw it in the theaters and liked both movies, but didn't think either of them were great. That may change if I see the missing cuts.

Death Proof included the missing cut, In Planet Terror they didn't. (DVD versions that is)
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:35 am

I've seen Death Proof 3 times now and Planet Terror 5 times....I really like both. :-b

You're talking about the missing real scenes right? The missing scene in Death Proof was the "lap dance" scene I think....I forget. The one in Planet Terror is when Cherry and El Wray are getting freaky, I doubt theres much more than what they showed. :-?

Oh and I have to agree with jose on Shaun of the Dead, that move gets better every time I watch it. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby treat24 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:46 am

I watched Green Street Houligans this morning. It was very good. Thanks for the recommendation moon. ;-D
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby cardiac cats » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:04 am

finally got around to seeing SAW 2

Saw II 5/10... and that's a generous five. Meh I don't know, I just didn't feel any sympathy for the characters and didn't care what happened to them. I felt like there was quite a bit of overacting and it grated on my nerves although I did enjoy Donnie Wahlberg's performance. Even the death traps weren't all that impressive and of course the twist ending sealed the deal for me. I probably won't be seeing this again. :-t
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:56 pm

Watched Hot Fuzz, definitely liked it more than Shaun of the Dead and the last 30 minutes were hi-larious. It dragged quite a bit prior to that though....7/10, but the last 30 minutes by itself would get an 8.5 or 9.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby moonhead » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:24 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Watched Hot Fuzz, definitely liked it more than Shaun of the Dead and the last 30 minutes were hi-larious. It dragged quite a bit prior to that though....7/10, but the last 30 minutes by itself would get an 8.5 or 9.

i fell asleep before making it to that point. my buddy kept waking me up saying we're almost to the best part! i went back to snoring. in my defense it was at like 4 am after the ou miami football game and i probably had a couple of beers throughout the day. ;-)
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Tiki » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:27 pm

I watched the Lion King today, still pretty frickin' sweet!

Plus, I had forgotten a lot of the names of the characters, some sweet names!

I mean if I were a Baboon I bet my name would be Rafiki. ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk