What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby josebach » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:58 pm

I saw Mr. Brooks tonight. Both the acting and story were both over the top. It was worth watching, but only barely. For those that don't know, Dane Cook cannot act.

7/10 (C-)
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moonhead » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:59 pm

josebach wrote:I saw Mr. Brooks tonight. Both the acting and story were both over the top. It was worth watching, but only barely. For those that don't know, Dane Cook cannot act.

7/10 (C-)

dane cook is a hack!
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Daddymike59 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:31 am

3:10 To Yuma. Bored Me. Crowe wasn't very good IMO. But it was a poor quality recording which takes a lot away from the flick.

I got stuck watching Desperate Housewives Sunday night with my in-laws. :~( :~( :~( :~( But at least one of the husbands in the show was taking time out to "find a running back" for his fantasy football team. That brought a big groan from my wifey!! ;-D

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby cardiac cats » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:52 pm

Lord of War 9/10 great movie. Nic Cage, Jared Leto, and the supporting cast were all great. Very cool storyline and concept. The beginning was sweet I must say. It showed a bullet being manufactured, loaded into an AK-47, and subsequently fired- very innovative sequence ;-)
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby SniperShot » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:23 am

Finally got around to seeing Pan's Labyrinth the other night. It was a rather interesting blend of a fariytale type of movie with WW2 in Spain. Movie is totally in Spanish so if reading subtitles isn't your thing or you know Spanish well you should probably avoid. This movie probably could have done better in North America had the violence been toned down to at the very least a PG-13 level so more kids could have seen it. There was plenty of brutal violence and stuff that had even me wincing, and usually I'm not too bad with violence. I can see how the movie won Oscars for best Cinematography and Makeup, totally amazing in that regard and overall a very cool, immersive story.

8.5/10.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Madison » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:57 am

Just saw Saw IV this evening. Probably won't be a movie for everyone, but I still give it a 9 out of 10 due to the complexity of it. Well made, and very solid addition to the series. ;-D DON'T go see it if you haven't at least seen Saw III. I'd suggest having seen all 3 of the Saw movies before trying to wrap your brain around Saw IV, but you really need to at least have seen Saw III to "get" this one and just how complex it really is.

;-D

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby aaawall91 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:37 am

Madison wrote:Just saw Saw IV this evening. Probably won't be a movie for everyone, but I still give it a 9 out of 10 due to the complexity of it. Well made, and very solid addition to the series. ;-D DON'T go see it if you haven't at least seen Saw III. I'd suggest having seen all 3 of the Saw movies before trying to wrap your brain around Saw IV, but you really need to at least have seen Saw III to "get" this one and just how complex it really is.

;-D

Agreed for the most part. I'd give it closer to a 10/10, but that's just me.

I have seen the first and 3rd before this one, I don't think the 2nd is too crucial if you know what is actually going on in 1 and 3. But 3 is a must. Most gruesome Saw so far in my opinion (although once again, haven't seen 2). First 10 minutes is a doozey, but if you can get past those you will make it through the movie just fine. But this movie is always making you think. What will happen next? and that phrase is overused but I couldn't stop myself from trying to wrap my mind around some elaborate scheme all movie. And it defintly is a complexity in it's self. Great movie.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby treat24 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:27 pm

Madison wrote:Just saw Saw IV this evening. Probably won't be a movie for everyone, but I still give it a 9 out of 10 due to the complexity of it. Well made, and very solid addition to the series. ;-D DON'T go see it if you haven't at least seen Saw III. I'd suggest having seen all 3 of the Saw movies before trying to wrap your brain around Saw IV, but you really need to at least have seen Saw III to "get" this one and just how complex it really is.

;-D

That is GREAT to hear. My wife and I absolutely love the Saw movies. I guess we'll have to check it out this weekend ;-D
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby josebach » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:21 pm

I also saw "Saw IV" this weekend mainly because by buddy was in from out of town and he wanted to see it. Talk about beating a dead horse. I was ready for it to be over 30 minutes in because it's just the same movie rehashed over and over and over. The twist at the end of the 3rd movie was a stretch, but at least it was somewhat logical. The twist at the end of this one was just stupid, IMO. I was done with the series after thinking the 3rd one was not very good, but my buddy said Saw IV was supposed to be better.

Well, it wasn't.

6/10 (D)
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Madison » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:23 pm

josebach wrote:The twist at the end of the 3rd movie was a stretch, but at least it was somewhat logical. The twist at the end of this one was just stupid, IMO.

The twist at the end of Saw III was possibly the best ending to a movie I've ever seen.

I'll agree the twist at the end of IV was "odd", but I don't think it was stupid at all.

If you're rating it off of a "possibly happen in real life" kinda thing, well of course III is a stretch, and IV is totally nuts, but it's a movie, not real life. The amount of layers and complexity of the whole thing is downright amazing. ;-D

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk