What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby Metroid » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:14 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:I saw Evan Almighty the other day. I thought it was pretty funny :-D

Picking that up on the way home from work tonight. :-D

Don't expect too much. It was funny and entertaining but some of it was just plain stoopid. :-?

Wanda Sikes sucks. %-6
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:48 pm

Metroid wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:I saw Evan Almighty the other day. I thought it was pretty funny :-D

Don't expect too much. It was funny and entertaining but some of it was just plain stoopid. :-?

Wanda Sikes sucks. %-6

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to that voice at all. :-{
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby moonhead » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:40 pm

Metroid wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

Wanda Sikes sucks. %-6

i think i alluded to that with my post.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby josebach » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:25 pm

I just snuck out of work early and saw "Bug" and "Next" (two movies my wife had no interest in).

Bug - Well, let me just say that I've heard nothing about it except how horrible it was. Suprisingly, I liked it. I thought the acting was very good and the male lead was quite freaky. It definitely got over the top at the end and they didn't do a very good job of establishing where Ashley Judd's psychosis came from, but over all I thought it was definitely worth watching. I've got to warn you that I'm in the minority opinion on this one, though.

7.5/10 (C)

Next - Cool, very well done action flick. I hadn't really heard too much about it so I had next to no expectations but it ended up being quite good. They never explain where his power to see two minutes into the future came from other than "he was born with it" plus the ending didn't have a ton of resolution, so if you get aggravated at open ended story telling you might not like it as much. On the positive side, they came up with all kinds of super cool ways that he could use his power many of which I didn't think of. It really was quite creative. Plus it had Jessica Biel in it. ;-D

8.5/10 (B)
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Metroid » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:31 pm

josebach wrote:I just snuck out of work early and saw "Bug" and "Next" (two movies my wife had no interest in).

Bug - Well, let me just say that I've heard nothing about it except how horrible it was. Suprisingly, I liked it. I thought the acting was very good and the male lead was quite freaky. It definitely got over the top at the end and they didn't do a very good job of establishing where Ashley Judd's psychosis came from, but over all I thought it was definitely worth watching. I've got to warn you that I'm in the minority opinion on this one, though.

7.5/10 (C)

Next - Cool, very well done action flick. I hadn't really heard too much about it so I had next to no expectations but it ended up being quite good. They never explain where his power to see two minutes into the future came from other than "he was born with them". They came up with all kinds of cool ways that he could use his power many of which I didn't think of. Plus it had Jessica Biel in it.

8.5/10 (B)

Haven't seen Bug but I have seen Next. I liked it as well, seemed like a fresh idea for a movie. The end kinda leaves you hanging but in a good way. Yeah I'd give it an 8.5 too...but really any movie with Jessica Biel automatically gets an 8.0 from me. :-D
Metroid

Postby josebach » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:34 pm

Metroid wrote:Haven't seen Bug but I have seen Next. I liked it as well, seemed like a fresh idea for a movie. The end kinda leaves you hanging but in a good way. Yeah I'd give it an 8.5 too...but really any movie with Jessica Biel automatically gets an 8.0 from me. :-D

Supposedly Jessica Biel is going to be a stripper and get naked in a movie next year called "Powder Blue". I don't even need to see it to know that movie is going to get an "A". :-D
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Metroid » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:36 pm

josebach wrote:
Metroid wrote:Haven't seen Bug but I have seen Next. I liked it as well, seemed like a fresh idea for a movie. The end kinda leaves you hanging but in a good way. Yeah I'd give it an 8.5 too...but really any movie with Jessica Biel automatically gets an 8.0 from me. :-D

Supposedly Jessica Biel is going to be a stripper and get naked in a movie next year. I don't even need to see it to know that movie is going to get an "A".
:-D

Yeah I heard about that too...I'm already sporting wood. O:-) :-b
Metroid

Postby beanoX3 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:44 pm

Metroid wrote:
josebach wrote:

Supposedly Jessica Biel is going to be a stripper and get naked in a movie next year. I don't even need to see it to know that movie is going to get an "A".

One year is a long time dude. Better do something about that before you pass out from lack of blood to the head. :-b
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Metroid » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:51 pm

beanoX3 wrote:
Metroid wrote:
josebach wrote:

One year is a long time dude. Better do something about that before you pass out from lack of blood to the head. :-b

I already took care of it man. :-b
Metroid

Postby beanoX3 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:05 pm

Metroid wrote:
beanoX3 wrote:
Metroid wrote:Yeah I heard about that too...I'm already sporting wood. O:-) :-b

I already took care of it man. :-b

Well, in that case, have you seen "I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry"? Jessica Biel looks hot in that too. :-B

In any case, I don't understand all the Chuck stuff that came out this year. TV show "Chuck", "Good Luck Chuck", "Chuck and Larry".... :-?

"Good Luck Chuck" kinda sucked though, although there was a lot more bared T & A shown than I would have thought before seeing it. Too bad none of it was shown by Jessica Alba. Lot of Dane Cook's butt for the guys who swing that way though.
:-b
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk