What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby Metroid » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:24 pm

I just finished Home of the Brave with Samuel L. Jackson, Jessica Biel, Brian Presley and Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson.

For the most part It follows 4 solders who are ambushed during a humanitarian mission in Iraq. It follows them back to the states and is much more a movie about how each of them readjusts or doesn't readjust to life back home. It's actually pretty sad and depressing but I thought it was really good.

8.0/10
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:46 am

Metroid wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:I saw Evan Almighty the other day. I thought it was pretty funny :-D

Picking that up on the way home from work tonight. :-D

Don't expect too much. It was funny and entertaining but some of it was just plain stoopid. :-?

Wanda Sikes sucks. %-6

Definitely some cheesy spots, but all in all a good flick. I don't know grades, but I'd say probably a 7. Steve Carroll is hilarious. Love his quirky subtleties(sp?).
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby steelerfan513 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:49 am

Metroid wrote:I just finished Home of the Brave with Samuel L. Jackson, Jessica Biel, Brian Presley and Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson.

For the most part It follows 4 solders who are ambushed during a humanitarian mission in Iraq. It follows them back to the states and is much more a movie about how each of them readjusts or doesn't readjust to life back home. It's actually pretty sad and depressing but I thought it was really good.

8.0/10

According to your Jessica Biel standards, that's a pretty awful movie. :-b
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby moonhead » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:50 am

no country for old men - was well done, well shot, well written, and interesting. there was some very intense moments and awkward situations. really good movie, but a bit of a disappointment in my eyes. i will watch it again for sure. it was one of those that you walk out of the theater feeling kind of confused. the crowd i went with talked about it all the way to the car and the entire ride back to the house. so it will definitely spark some conversation. worth a trip to the theater to see, but not completely necessary. i'll rate it a solid 8.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby cardiac cats » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:22 pm

Shrek the Third 7/10

good family flick, not much else to say. If you liked either of the previous Shrek films then you'll most likey enjoy this one as well. Donkey and Puss N Boots make a great comedic duo :-)
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby APAP » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:52 pm

I had to watch Stranger than Fiction for my enlgish class, and it wasn't too bad, better than I thought it would be ;-D
APAP
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 8)

Postby josebach » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:47 pm

I saw Beowulf today in digital 3D and it was REALLY good. It was a totally immersive experience and for anybody that likes Science-Fiction or Fantasy, it's a must see. Not all showings are in 3D, so if you're interested, make sure you pick a 3D regular theater or IMAX. The movie by itself was probably an 8/10, but the 3D experience bumped it up to a 9.5/10 (A). ;-D
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby josebach » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:13 pm

moonhead wrote:no country for old men - was well done, well shot, well written, and interesting. there was some very intense moments and awkward situations. really good movie, but a bit of a disappointment in my eyes. i will watch it again for sure. it was one of those that you walk out of the theater feeling kind of confused. the crowd i went with talked about it all the way to the car and the entire ride back to the house. so it will definitely spark some conversation. worth a trip to the theater to see, but not completely necessary. i'll rate it a solid 8.

I just got back from watching it (sorry I missed our date) and I agree with your evaluation. I definitely need to watch it again as the ending was a little confusing. Don't want to really say why it was confusing as I don't want to give anything away, but up until the last 20-30 minutes or so, I thought it was awesome. Javier Bardem (who played the sociopath) was one of the best killers of any movie I've ever seen. I also give it an 8/10.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:45 pm

Watched Knocked Up for about the fifth time today on the car ride home from Pittsburgh. It definitely loses some of the laugh value with repeated viewings.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:51 pm

American Ganster. Defintely two thumbs up. Not as much violence as i expected there to be but i loved the story line and the characters played by Crowe and Denzel. 9/10.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk