What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:49 pm

We watched Mr. 3000 tonight...It was a lot better than I expected. Funny, and kept you involved until the end.

I give it a surprising 8.5/10...Very pleasantly surprised!
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joshyboy72 » Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:36 am

I watched Enough on TV last night. Was sort of cheesy, but I liked it. Well it was at least good until J-Lo or shall I say Slim decided to take control, because from then on it was just a woman's fantasy. But I'll give it 6/10 stars.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Dirt Bag » Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:30 pm

saw Ladder 49 yesterday and was actually pretty suprised, it is a pretty good movie and i would probobly see it again. great actors and great story, kept you guessing.

i would reccomend it 9/10
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:23 pm

Dirt Bag wrote:saw Ladder 49 yesterday and was actually pretty suprised, it is a pretty good movie and i would probobly see it again. great actors and great story, kept you guessing.

i would reccomend it 9/10
I saw this one too the other night. Completely agree man. Very interesting story and very gripping all the way through. ;-D
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:36 pm

I watched Dawn of the Dead - the 2004 version - last night. I liked it. It's not the greatest movie ever made, but I had fun watchin' it.

...not really a movie, but I also pulled out the first season of Nip/Tuck and watched the first three shows. I'm really enjoying it so far... and it doesn't seem like something that would be on basic cable...
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby hayesb26 » Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:51 pm

Canacuna wrote: ...not really a movie, but I also pulled out the first season of Nip/Tuck and watched the first three shows. I'm really enjoying it so far... and it doesn't seem like something that would be on basic cable...

Excellent show, definitely seems like a show more fit for HBO or something. Definitely not standard cable at 10 pm. I've been watching it a lot though, very good show.
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:40 am

I saw a bunch of movies after a recent alcohol-induced lazy weekend... most were lackluster.

Cabin Fever: Watch this movie if you hate yourself. Lousy acting and plot... pretty much any horror flick, in my opinion. There are many great, memorable, funny and random quotes, and it is entertaining, but it makes your head hurt. The cure I found for this head pain is more alcohol. 5/10.

Logan's Run: Unsure on how to rate this movie. A classic for its time... but that time isn't exactly now, is it? Spend half the movie wondering why it hadn't ended yet. Excellent concept and storyline, but got worse as the movie went on (ummm... the robot?). Many of the scenes were completely unnecessary. However, it was the only movie I've ever seen with a boob shot in the theatrical trailer. So that merits points on boldness alone. 7/10.

Very Bad Things: Another movie I'm unsure how to rate. A lot of funny actors, but placed in a movie that isn't really funny. A very shocking movie to discover just how Fruit Loops these characters are. I mean they aren't a few sandwiches short of a picnic.. its more like if Subway started selling crack to hookers out of the blue. I know, the metaphor makes no sense, and leaves you with a feeling of confusion, discomfert and irritation. But then again, so does the movie. 5/10.

The Last Samurai: OK movie... but I was tired/heavily intoxicated throughout most of it, so this review isn't exactly fair. Had a relatively good story line, and was pretty darned interesting. Kept my attention for the most part. Acting was a little off for some scenes... and that got a little irritating. Overall, a decent flick, but I must say I liked it better when it was called "Dances with Wolves." 7.5/10.

That's it... hope you enjoyed these reviews that I'm blowing off writing an essay due 3 days ago at 4:40 in the morning to write.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:21 pm

Just saw "Closer" and I must say it is a terrific character intensive film. Wonderful performances from all four actors; Julia Roberts, Jude Law, Clive Owen and Natalie Portman. It's a little slow in some parts, but it's pretty intense for the most part. If you aren't into character analysis based films, this isn't for you. But it's certainly one of the better films I've rented in recent memory.

8.5/10
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SeaWolf » Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:38 pm

Took my son to see The Pacifier. Boy has Van Diesel fallen from grace. This isn't your Van Diesel from XXX. Even my son said the movie sucked, and he is only 6. Bad acting, bad story, bad every thing. If your kids want to see this wait for cable, and let them watch it in the other room.

2/10 :-t
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Canacuna » Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:55 pm

I just don't care much for Vin Diesel as the star of a movie. He's been solid in supporting roles (especially Boiler Room, methinks)... but he's just not a strong enough actor to be in the spotlight.

Very Bad Things... after reading about it, it seemed interesting... so I bought it on DVD (for only $5.00, why not?). Plus, I like Cameron Diaz... I like Jon Favreau... and I think I'm one of the two or three people in the world that like Christian Slater. But yeah, it was just a 'lil too much for me.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk