What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby The_Captain » Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:08 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:Watched Knocked Up for about the fifth time today on the car ride home from Pittsburgh. It definitely loses some of the laugh value with repeated viewings.

My wife and I watched Knocked Up last night for the first time - freaking hilarious movie! We watched the uncut version which took over 2 hours to watch, but with funny lines and scenes it was worth. I could definitely see it losing some of it's humor the more it's watched.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Jimboozie » Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:51 pm

Mean Girls on TNT. Lindsay Lohan used to be so hot.

The movie itself wasn't all that bad. :-)
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dolfin99 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:31 pm

Vegas and Christimas Vacation back to back. I am not sure what it is about those movies, I could watch them over and over. ;-D
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig.
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Canacuna » Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:31 am

I watched American History X.

Curb-stompin' fool.
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:20 am

Watched a movie called The Nomad.....it had subtitles and I thought it was going to be lame, but it was actaully outstanding.

7.5/10

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:59 pm

josebach wrote:
moonhead wrote:no country for old men - was well done, well shot, well written, and interesting. there was some very intense moments and awkward situations. really good movie, but a bit of a disappointment in my eyes. i will watch it again for sure. it was one of those that you walk out of the theater feeling kind of confused. the crowd i went with talked about it all the way to the car and the entire ride back to the house. so it will definitely spark some conversation. worth a trip to the theater to see, but not completely necessary. i'll rate it a solid 8.

I just got back from watching it (sorry I missed our date) and I agree with your evaluation. I definitely need to watch it again as the ending was a little confusing. Don't want to really say why it was confusing as I don't want to give anything away, but up until the last 20-30 minutes or so, I thought it was awesome. Javier Bardem (who played the sociopath) was one of the best killers of any movie I've ever seen. I also give it an 8/10.

i'm with you guys but i'd give it a 9. Bardem as Anton Chigurh was freakin awesome
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby josebach » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:59 pm

Has nobody else seen Beowulf in 3D yet? I've been doing some research on this new technology and supposedly, every single film Disney is putting out from 2009 on will be shot using a 3D camera. I also heard they're going to be coming out with 3D televisions and monitors shortly. I can seriously see this format taking over the market in the next 10 years or so. Imagine playing video games in true 3D? I also heard they are working on a technology that doesn't make the user have to wear glasses. Instead, the monitor and tv will switch back and forth between the two images so fast that it tricks the brain into seeing it as one image in 3 dimensions. This is still pretty new, but it's still pretty cool.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:15 pm

josebach wrote:Has nobody else seen Beowulf in 3D yet? I've been doing some research on this new technology and supposedly, every single film Disney is putting out from 2009 on will be shot using a 3D camera. I also heard they're going to be coming out with 3D televisions and monitors shortly. I can seriously see this format taking over the market in the next 10 years or so. Imagine playing video games in true 3D? I also heard they are working on a technology that doesn't make the user have to wear glasses. Instead, the monitor and tv will switch back and forth between the two images so fast that it tricks the brain into seeing it as one image in 3 dimensions. This is still pretty new, but it's still pretty cool.

no but i want to

wow...pretty sweet...cant wait to have a seizure from that
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:26 pm

That actually makes a lot of sense with the TV switching between the two images. I mean, the technology should be there. That would be incredible. 8-o
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby cardiac cats » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:38 pm

got one...

Lost in Translation 8/10

quirky film. Part romance/part dry humor, it's an interesting look at two lonely strangers( Bill Murray, Scarlett Johansson) who form an odd bond while staying in Japan. It's hard to explain why the film is so intriguing, but I liked it.
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk