What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby treat24 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:47 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
josebach wrote:Has nobody else seen Beowulf in 3D yet? I've been doing some research on this new technology and supposedly, every single film Disney is putting out from 2009 on will be shot using a 3D camera. I also heard they're going to be coming out with 3D televisions and monitors shortly. I can seriously see this format taking over the market in the next 10 years or so. Imagine playing video games in true 3D? I also heard they are working on a technology that doesn't make the user have to wear glasses. Instead, the monitor and tv will switch back and forth between the two images so fast that it tricks the brain into seeing it as one image in 3 dimensions. This is still pretty new, but it's still pretty cool.

no but i want to

wow...pretty sweet...cant wait to have a seizure from that

treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby SniperShot » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:53 pm

Wow
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Tiki » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:45 pm

josebach wrote:Has nobody else seen Beowulf in 3D yet?

I have, and I thought it was pretty sick!! ;-D

But, I just re-watched "Enemy at The Gates" last night for the for time inawhile, and wow I love that movie! The sniper v. sniper scenes are awesome, and opening scene is just so crazy and full of carnage you can't dislike the movie just for that! I think this is an underrated war movie! If you haven't seen it, check it out. And if you have seen it, but not in awhile go check it out again!
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:41 am

Tiki wrote:
josebach wrote:Has nobody else seen Beowulf in 3D yet?

I have, and I thought it was pretty sick!! ;-D

But, I just re-watched "Enemy at The Gates" last night for the for time inawhile, and wow I love that movie! The sniper v. sniper scenes are awesome, and opening scene is just so crazy and full of carnage you can't dislike the movie just for that! I think this is an underrated war movie! If you haven't seen it, check it out. And if you have seen it, but not in awhile go check it out again!

I really like Enemy at the Gates also. It came out at the same time as Saving Private Ryan which is probably why it didn't do as much business or get as much recognition.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby josebach » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:52 am

Here's a really cool video explaining how the 3D camera works.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 3911842846
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Jimboozie » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:17 am

Last week, I watched a bunch of movies.

Transformers ;-D B-)

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (original) ;-D :-)

My Super Ex-Girlfriend :-? :-B

Inside Man ;-D ;-D

Chinatown ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Sandrock » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:17 am

Saw The Golden Compass last night. I was expecting a Harry Potter type movie and it was kind of in that mode, only much darker. It has a pretty amazing cast, some of them are just voices but they're recognizable. It's worth seeing if you're into Fantasy type pictures, or if you have a kid and want to go to a movie that won't put you to sleep in the first 5 minutes.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:26 am

Sandrock wrote:Saw The Golden Compass last night. I was expecting a Harry Potter type movie and it was kind of in that mode, only much darker. It has a pretty amazing cast, some of them are just voices but they're recognizable. It's worth seeing if you're into Fantasy type pictures, or if you have a kid and want to go to a movie that won't put you to sleep in the first 5 minutes.
I wonder how well that movie will do this weekend. It's being bashed by tons of Christian groups saying it's anti religious and they are telling people not to support the movie.

And even non religious groups have been giving it bad reviews for being too short and leaving key stuff out of the movie that was in the book.

It was originally a $180 million budget but ended up going way over that I think it topped out at something over $200 million so this better be a huge blockbuster or New Line is gonna take a huge hit.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby josebach » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:18 pm

SniperShot wrote:
Sandrock wrote:Saw The Golden Compass last night. I was expecting a Harry Potter type movie and it was kind of in that mode, only much darker. It has a pretty amazing cast, some of them are just voices but they're recognizable. It's worth seeing if you're into Fantasy type pictures, or if you have a kid and want to go to a movie that won't put you to sleep in the first 5 minutes.
I wonder how well that movie will do this weekend. It's being bashed by tons of Christian groups saying it's anti religious and they are telling people not to support the movie.

And even non religious groups have been giving it bad reviews for being too short and leaving key stuff out of the movie that was in the book.

It was originally a $180 million budget but ended up going way over that I think it topped out at something over $200 million so this better be a huge blockbuster or New Line is gonna take a huge hit.

I just got from seeing it and all I have to say is... Meh.

Actually, I have more to say than that. The CGI was lousy, the story seemed extremely rushed, they did a poor job explaining almost everything and the concepts of the movie just came across as stupid. I'm sure the book was probably much better, but I got enough of the gist from the movie that I won't bother reading it. It just didn't do it for me.

Oh, and I don't know how this movie is any more anti-Christian than any other movie. I heard the Christian groups proclaim it was endorsing atheism, but considering the main concept of the movie was that the humans in this parallel universe had souls that take the form of animals, I don't know how they came to that conclusion. Not sure how many atheists you know that believe in a "soul", but I don't know of any. It just doesn't seem right that these people are using their power and influence to purposely try to hurt the movie (and the makers of it) instead of letting it stand on it's own merit. It's like they're manufacturing out of thin air a "noble cause" to fight against just so they can improve their camaraderie and solidarity. Whatever.

6.5/10 (D)
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby BlueBandit24 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:55 pm

josebach wrote:Oh, and I don't know how this movie is any more anti-Christian than any other movie. I heard the Christian groups proclaim it was endorsing atheism, but considering the main concept of the movie was that the humans in this parallel universe had souls that take the form of animals, I don't know how they came to that conclusion. Not sure how many atheists you know that believe in a "soul", but I don't know of any. It just doesn't seem right that these people are using their power and influence to purposely try to hurt the movie (and the makers of it) instead of letting it stand on it's own merit. It's like they're manufacturing out of thin air a "noble cause" to fight against just so they can improve their camaraderie and solidarity. Whatever.

I think the fuss is that in the books, a boy and a girl end up killing God. The Christian groups didn't want kids to see the movie and then rush out and get the books.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk