What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby Tiki » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:40 pm

You guys see the originals? The one I saw, years ago, was pretty good.
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby scottaa1 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:50 pm

scottaa1 wrote:Somehow I've managed to be watching a Beautiful Mind this afternoon. I'd swore it off as a chick flick, but I gotta say this is pretty good.

I retract that statement. It got way sappy and I switched over to Rocky. I wanna drink raw eggs and go jogging in the snow now.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Tiki » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:11 pm

Haha, yum!
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:30 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:Saw I Am Legend earlier today

Very good movie. I thought the camera work was great, and Will Smith puts together an excellent acting performance. The special effects are great as well; looking at Manhattan as completely deserted is pretty cool.

A note to those looking for a scary movie: this is more of a thriller movie, not horror. Their are a lot of zombies suddenly attacking, but the zombies themselves aren't scary-looking, just really loud.

The only things I didn't like were the generic parts of the plot, which I won't mention because most people probably haven't seen the film. Still, this is definitely a great theater experience for the special effects.

8/10

I saw it yesterday, awesome movie. When Sam (the dog) goes into the dark building by that hive, Will Smith did an absolutely awesome job of acting totally freaked, and it was totally totally freaky right there. The part where he's singing to Sam was awfully emotional, if I'da been a woman, I'd probably have cried. :-b

I agree, I absolutely love how they don't use any extra lighting in there other than Will Smith's flashlight. You just never know when something's going to pop out.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby treat24 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:00 pm

I watched I am Legend today... meh... I love zombie movies so this ranks up there as average. One giant pet peave I have with a lot of movies is when the protagonist is supposed to be really smart, does intelligent things throughout the film, but does a couple things that my 5 year old neighbor girl with down syndrome would have been smart enough to do. With a tad bit of tweaking, that movie could have been great. However there were a couple times were they made it hollywood to get some action and where they made will do stuff his character would not have done, out of character things. That really bothered me. I wanted to throw something at the screen. I still enjoyed it. But dang if that movie couldn't have been so much better. I went in expecting a great movie however, because of these posts. Maybe my anticipation and expectations were too much and too high.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Metroid » Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:49 pm

Shut up treat. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby dgan » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:32 pm

Legend was good, but Treat is right...there were spots where he was just strangely out of character. I thought there was a good mix of subtle comic relief (typical of a Will Smith flick) which really made the movie enjoyable rather than just intriguing. The ending, however, was dumb. No other way to say it...I see this more and more now where they spend 2 hours developing an awesome plot only to have it abruptly end, hastily tying up all the loose ends. Almost like they were overbudget and couldn't flush out the conclusion the way they wanted.

Overall, good movie. I'd say if you like Will Smith and you enjoyed I Robot, you'll probably like Legend. There are a good number of scenes that I think make it worth theatre pricing, but you'd probably feel less disappointed if you waited for it on DVD.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby treat24 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:13 pm

dgan wrote:The ending, however, was dumb. No other way to say it...

I agree, ending... just plain dumb...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby eagles21 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:17 pm

Metroid wrote:Shut up treat. :-b

I agree. :-b

Yeah, the ending was sorta short and to the point, and I do wish they would have explained everything a bit more. That doesn't matter to much to me though. I go to movies to be entertained, not to analysis the whole story line and pick out the little things that were wrong and could have been improved. I really liked it. ;-D
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Tiki » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:37 am

I saw "I am Legend" as well. I'd give it a 8.5/10. Love what will Smith did, but could've been better.
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk