What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby Metroid » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:56 pm

Last night we watched The Bridge, its a documentary about people who commit suicide jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge. Starting in January of 2004 a film crew began filming the bridge almost continuously for an entire year. During that year they filmed most of the two dozen suicides and many near attempts that happened in 2004. Most of the film is interviews with family members and friends of the people who jumped from the bridge as well as witnesses. Being someone who has had someone close to them take their own life I found the interviews pretty moving. The interviews are a big part of the film but those who jumped are the focus. They detail the lives of at least five or six jumpers and the problems they had in their lives that lead up to the moment they ended them. One women is pulled from the ledge by a passer by, there is also a young man who is interviewed who survived his jump to talk about it. The footage of the Golden Gate and the bay is beautiful and offers an eerie contrast to the films dark subject matter. The film does show many people jumping from the bridge however most of what you see is just them leaping. It might sound a little morbid but I found it rather fascinating as well as disturbing.

Hard to rate a film like this....I liked it and thought it was very interesting, I suppose I'll give it an A.

FYI More people have committed suicide by jumping form the Golden Gate than anywhere else in the world.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby treat24 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:03 pm

That is a good film Met. My wife and I really like documentaries. Very intriguing watch.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby moonhead » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:04 pm

Metroid wrote:Last night we watched The Bridge, its a documentary about people who commit suicide jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge. Starting in January of 2004 a film crew began filming the bridge almost continuously for an entire year. During that year they filmed most of the two dozen suicides and many near attempts that happened in 2004. Most of the film is interviews with family members and friends of the people who jumped from the bridge as well as witnesses. Being someone who has had someone close to them take their own life I found the interviews pretty moving. The interviews are a big part of the film but those who jumped are the focus. They detail the lives of at least five or six jumpers and the problems they had in their lives that lead up to the moment they ended them. One women is pulled from the ledge by a passer by, there is also a young man who is interviewed who survived his jump to talk about it. The footage of the Golden Gate and the bay is beautiful and offers an eerie contrast to the films dark subject matter. The film does show many people jumping from the bridge however most of what you see is just them leaping. It might sound a little morbid but I found it rather fascinating as well as disturbing.

Hard to rate a film like this....I liked it and thought it was very interesting, I suppose I'll give it an A.

FYI More people have committed suicide by jumping form the Golden Gate than anywhere else in the world.

interesting. i've always been fascinated with suicides. i'm going to have to check this out met.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby eaglesfan » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:29 pm

I Am Legend....never read the book, but I really enjoyed the film.
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby cardiac cats » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:13 pm

Alpha Dog 8/10

- it's basically a kidnapping gone wrong involving wannabe thug teens and it's based on a true story. I really liked the ensemble cast and I was most surprised by Justin Timberlake's performance- he did a great job and showed a lot range. Not many gripes about the movie except a few boneheaded moves made by some of these characters and there was one crazy fight scene that seemed ripped right out of a kung fu movie- it just didn't fit in. All in all though, good movie with a shocking ending.
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby steelerfan513 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:40 pm

Just watched Superbad for the first time since I saw it in theaters. I completely forgot how funny that movie is. That's one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. ;-D

10/10
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Popcynical » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:57 am

Saw the Bucket List the other night ... I liked it.

Also saw The Great Debaters... this one was good too!

Gotta love bootlegs...
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Tiki » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:41 am

Master Debater.

HAH! Beat some of you clowns to it!

I did see Rush Hour 3 today, pretty awesome! 8/10! ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:46 am

steelerfan513 wrote:Just watched Superbad for the first time since I saw it in theaters. I completely forgot how funny that movie is. That's one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. ;-D

10/10

Really? 10/10? :-?

I thought parts of it were histericaly funny but some of it...meh. Both 40 Year Old Virgin and Knocked Up pwn Superbad. I'd give it 7.5/10.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby steelerfan513 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:58 pm

Metroid wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:Just watched Superbad for the first time since I saw it in theaters. I completely forgot how funny that movie is. That's one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. ;-D

10/10

Really? 10/10? :-?

I thought parts of it were histericaly funny but some of it...meh. Both 40 Year Old Virgin and Knocked Up pwn Superbad. I'd give it 7.5/10.

I just thought that it was hysterical throughout, but I understand why people might not find some parts funny. Knocked Up was hilarious too, but I've seen that 3 or 4 times, and after the second time or so, it isn't nearly as funny anymore. 40-year-old Virgin was great, and it had a better plotline, but on the lines of laughs, I still thought Superbad was better, although I haven't seen FYOV for a while.

To each his own I guess.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk