What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby TTTBone » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:49 pm

Canacuna wrote:
Very Bad Things... after reading about it, it seemed interesting... so I bought it on DVD (for only $5.00, why not?). Plus, I like Cameron Diaz... I like Jon Favreau... and I think I'm one of the two or three people in the world that like Christian Slater. But yeah, it was just a 'lil too much for me.

Very Bad Things was pretty okay as a one time rental, but Slater will always get the nod from me for true Romance and Heathers. ;-D
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canacuna » Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:11 pm

I've already saved this thread from Page-2-Hell once... let's see if we can keep this thing goin'.

Watched a few movies over the last couple weeks (had a cold all of last week that kept me pretty lazy)...

Confidence was pretty disappointing considering its cast... I really like everyone in the cast. Dustin Hoffman, Ed Burns, Rachel Weisz, Paul Giamatti, Andy Garcia, Luis Guzmán... but yeah - good cast, but very predictable plot.

I also watched Envy - which I've heard is horrible. Even Ben Stiller said it was and he was one of the stars. Yeah... it was pretty bad. It's sad when Christopher Walken and Rachel Weisz are the funniest actors in a movie that stars Ben Stiller and Jack Black.

The Shape of Things was on one of the movie channels the other night, so I watched it (it was either that, or You Got Served). I was pleasantly surprised. It's nothing I'll watch again, but it was interesting.

...damn, three Rachel Weisz movies... :-?

The Hunt for Red October was great. I liked everything about it... 'nuff said.

My sister rented some movies... Closer, Meet the Fockers, and Ocean's 12. I'd already seen Ocean's 12 in the theater... I thought it was alright the first time, but seeing it a second time only made it worse.

I'd heard that Closer was supposed to be pretty good - wasn't for me, though. Clive Owen and Natalie Portman did great jobs... Julia Roberts was alright... Jude Law just wasn't right for that character - his character was supposed to be some kind of a$$, but... he just can't pull it off. The movie takes place over four years, but it was awkward with how things progressed... I dunno.

Meet the Fockers got a lot of hype from just about everyone I knew - my sister saw it three times in the theater and said she laughed her ass of each time and that it was better than the first. Eh... I thought it was alright, but I was disappointed. I don't think it came anywhere near to the first movie.

Eh, I think that covers everything.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Atog » Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:52 pm

Red Dawn
very, very, bad.
I guess it's the kind of thing where it was good bad during the Cold War. But now...
2/10
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:02 pm

Atog wrote:Red Dawn
very, very, bad.
I guess it's the kind of thing where it was good bad during the Cold War. But now...
2/10

c'mon now...an 80's movie with patrick swayzee?? gotta give it at least a 5/10 just for that ;-)

cuna:
hunt for red october is truly and awesome film. back in the day i used to love cranking the souround sound to that bad boy. when the subs cruize by it shakes the house ;-D i totally forgot about that one, you have inspired me to watch it again.

tonight on my plate is the 80's movie weird science. havent watched it since i was a kid...and all i remember is being super obsessed with the girl they created with their computer. she was hot ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:22 pm

I saw glory a week or so ago in history class. This was an excellent movie, and the guy who played Thomas, whoever he was, was really good. I'll give it an 8/10 because a few parts were weicked boring, but the battle scenes were sweet.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby maddog60 » Sun May 01, 2005 3:04 am

mtryanks12 wrote:I saw glory a week or so ago in history class. This was an excellent movie, and the guy who played Thomas, whoever he was, was really good. I'll give it an 8/10 because a few parts were weicked boring, but the battle scenes were sweet.

Been a while, but I believe Thomas was the name of Matthew Broderick's character. He was the main character. With the cast they assembled (Broderick, Cary Elwes, Denzel Washington, Morgan Freeman) of course the movie is going to be excellent.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby mtryanks12 » Sun May 01, 2005 9:49 am

no, broderick was general shaw. Him and washington are the only two people who I know they played as. It could ahve been Morgan Freeman, but I have no idea. I was a great movie nonetheless.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Goatwhacker » Sun May 01, 2005 11:05 am

mtryanks12 wrote:no, broderick was general shaw. Him and washington are the only two people who I know they played as. It could ahve been Morgan Freeman, but I have no idea. I was a great movie nonetheless.

I couldn't remember which one Thomas was until I saw his picture (hope the link works). his name is Andre Braugher.

It was a crime that Glory didn't get an Academy Award nomination. The movie had everything - great cast, story, action, cinematography, etc.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby MadScott » Sun May 01, 2005 2:16 pm

Wimbeldon--1/10--This movie can be summed up in one word--SUCKY! Horrible acting, terrible plot and it's about, you guessed it, tennis. :-t :-t :-t
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Mon May 02, 2005 3:10 pm

I saw Sin City not to long ago. I liked it alot, lots of hot chicks, violenceand cool effects. Some slow parts but every movie has them. Very cool the way the stories wove themselves together. ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk