What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby FantasyMan13 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:25 pm

Metroid wrote:I don't remember seeing a review for this crap movie but I watched Shoot Em Up last night.....well most of it. That was probably the worst movie I have ever seen and I've seen a lot of crap movies. The story was crap, the acting was crap, the dialog was crap and the camera work was crap. If you haven't seen it....DON'T, if you have.....sorry. %-6

Man, I wanted to see that too. Looked pretty sweet. Thanks, though.
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby josebach » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:29 pm

FantasyMan13 wrote:
Metroid wrote:I don't remember seeing a review for this crap movie but I watched Shoot Em Up last night.....well most of it. That was probably the worst movie I have ever seen and I've seen a lot of crap movies. The story was crap, the acting was crap, the dialog was crap and the camera work was crap. If you haven't seen it....DON'T, if you have.....sorry. %-6

Usually, Met and I are on the same page when it comes to movies, but not in this case. I thought Shoot Em Up was really funny. Keep in mind, if you expect it to be a serious action movie, you'll be disappointed. If you're expecting a campy action comedy, you'll probably like it. I thought Paul Giamati was hilarious in it. Maybe I was just in the right mood when I saw it?
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby BlueBandit24 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:20 pm

I saw Eastern Promises last night. Pretty good movie. It basically follows a Siberian criminal (Viggo Mortensen) as he tries to become a part of the Russian underground. That all gets intertwined with a British nurse (Naomi Watts) who finds the diary of a 14-year old Russian prostitute. The diary details some bad things that the Russian crime bosses have done and such becomes the premise of the film. A couple things did bother me though. First, they switch from English to Russian a lot in the middle of the conversation. It's not a big deal, but it kind of annoying at times. It's also pretty gory. I'm usually not very squeamish but I do not like blows to the juggular and this movie was filled with those. Still, those weren't nearly enough to take away from my enjoyment.

8.5/10
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:01 pm

josebach wrote:
FantasyMan13 wrote:

Usually, Met and I are on the same page when it comes to movies, but not in this case. I thought Shoot Em Up was really funny. Keep in mind, if you expect it to be a serious action movie, you'll be disappointed. If you're expecting a campy action comedy, you'll probably like it. I thought Paul Giamati was hilarious in it. Maybe I was just in the right mood when I saw it?

Or maybe I was in the wrong mood, I just couldn't get into it. It was just way too over the top for me.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby josebach » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:10 pm

Metroid wrote:
josebach wrote:Usually, Met and I are on the same page when it comes to movies, but not in this case. I thought Shoot Em Up was really funny. Keep in mind, if you expect it to be a serious action movie, you'll be disappointed. If you're expecting a campy action comedy, you'll probably like it. I thought Paul Giamati was hilarious in it. Maybe I was just in the right mood when I saw it?

Or maybe I was in the wrong mood, I just couldn't get into it. It was just way too over the top for me.

Did you watch any previews before you saw it? The previews let you know it was a stupid action comedy, so I knew what to expect. I'm a big fan of Clive Owen and if I went into it expecting a James Bond action type of flick, I would have been disappointed too.

You see Children of Men? That, IMO, was the best movie in 2006.

9.5/10

In 2007, I'd have to say the best movie I saw was 3:10 to Yuma.

9.5/10
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby beanoX3 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:04 pm

Well, due to my willingness to watch any and all football related movies, I watched The Game Plan. Maybe now that The Rock got his obligatory kiddie movie out of the way, he'll do something good next. Adults should be mildly entertained if they like The Rock. Little boys might not like how the movie is focused on the daughter and ballet. Little girls might think all the football stuff is stupid. Overall, I thought Disney whiffed on the whole concept.

It's not all bad though, so if you've got a daughter who doesn't hate football, this movie won't drive you nuts. 5/10.

Also watched The Kingdom again. I still find it funny that the movie feels like the TV show, Friday Night Lights, due to the director. Funny the coach got blown up too. :-b 7/10
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Metroid » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:07 pm

josebach wrote:
Metroid wrote:
josebach wrote:Usually, Met and I are on the same page when it comes to movies, but not in this case. I thought Shoot Em Up was really funny. Keep in mind, if you expect it to be a serious action movie, you'll be disappointed. If you're expecting a campy action comedy, you'll probably like it. I thought Paul Giamati was hilarious in it. Maybe I was just in the right mood when I saw it?

Did you watch any previews before you saw it? The previews let you know it was a stupid action comedy, so I knew what to expect. I'm a big fan of Clive Owen and if I went into it expecting a James Bond action type of flick, I would have been disappointed too.

You see Children of Men? That, IMO, was the best movie in 2006.

9.5/10

In 2007, I'd have to say the best movie I saw was 3:10 to Yuma.

9.5/10

No I didn't see any previews for it. I do like Clive Owen and Children on Men was awesome in fact I bought it.

Haven't seen 3:10 to Yuma but I'm really looking forward to it.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby FantasyMan13 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:14 am

Still haven't seen Knocked Up. That's next for me. ;-D
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FantasyMan13 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:16 am

treat24 wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:
Metroid wrote:Really? 10/10? :-?

I thought parts of it were histericaly funny but some of it...meh. Both 40 Year Old Virgin and Knocked Up pwn Superbad. I'd give it 7.5/10.

I just thought that it was hysterical throughout, but I understand why people might not find some parts funny. Knocked Up was hilarious too, but I've seen that 3 or 4 times, and after the second time or so, it isn't nearly as funny anymore. 40-year-old Virgin was great, and it had a better plotline, but on the lines of laughs, I still thought Superbad was better, although I haven't seen FYOV for a while.

To each his own I guess.

I think if this had come out when i was 16-21 years old... it would have been hilariously awesome. I thought it was decently funny at times though. Knocked up was good, not as good as the hype claimed. 40 year old virgin owned those two IMO.

If you want to, try watching Superbad again. I found it a lot funnier the second time I watched it.
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby treat24 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:30 am

FantasyMan13 wrote:If you want to, try watching Superbad again. I found it a lot funnier the second time I watched it.

I did, and it was ;-D but only because I got SuperDrunk to watch it ;-D :-b :-b
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk