What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby Guru13 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:19 pm

josebach wrote:
Metroid wrote:Yeah thats a good one Scott I watched Lord of War again last night...great flick. ;-D

I liked Lord Of War also. I've been meaning to watch it again for a while now.

Just watched 3:10 To Yuma again. Right up there with Unforgiven, IMO. 9.5/10

Awesome movie, saw it in theatres, but I've never seen unforgiven although I hear it's awesome.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby treat24 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:24 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
josebach wrote:
Metroid wrote:Yeah thats a good one Scott I watched Lord of War again last night...great flick. ;-D

I liked Lord Of War also. I've been meaning to watch it again for a while now.

Just watched 3:10 To Yuma again. Right up there with Unforgiven, IMO. 9.5/10

Awesome movie, saw it in theatres, but I've never seen unforgiven although I hear it's awesome.

I'm a western (movie) guy and 310 is way better than the original. There are a few things that coulda made 310 better than Unforgiven, however it merely remained "right up there" as you said... ;-D
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby josebach » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:13 pm

treat24 wrote:I'm a western (movie) guy and 310 is way better than the original. There are a few things that coulda made 310 better than Unforgiven, however it merely remained "right up there" as you said... ;-D

Yeah, I really wanted to say I liked it better, but I couldn't honestly say that. There were a few little things about it that kept it form being a perfect 10 and the best western ever.

You're right about it being way better than the original. In fact, the original wasn't even close as to me the best part of the movie was how Christian Bale's character inspired Russel Crowe's character. Wasn't this element completely missing from the original?

Great flick!!! ;-D
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby treat24 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:36 pm

josebach wrote:
treat24 wrote:I'm a western (movie) guy and 310 is way better than the original. There are a few things that coulda made 310 better than Unforgiven, however it merely remained "right up there" as you said... ;-D

Yeah, I really wanted to say I liked it better, but I couldn't honestly say that. There were a few little things about it that kept it form being a perfect 10 and the best western ever.

You're right about it being way better than the original. In fact, the original wasn't even close as to me the best part of the movie was how Christian Bale's character inspired Russel Crowe's character. Wasn't this element completely missing from the original?

Great flick!!! ;-D

Like I said before in this thread... I was young, don't remember it very well. I do however remember it didn't hold a candle to the outlaw jose wales, few dollars more, fistful of dollars, g,b,u , etc etc... I know that in my mind unforgiven, new 310, and jackbull stand up to those movies... so transitive property dictates that it is way better than it's predecessor IMO... shrug...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:45 pm

treat24 wrote:Like I said before in this thread... I was young, don't remember it very well. I do however remember it didn't hold a candle to the outlaw jose wales, few dollars more, fistful of dollars, g,b,u , etc etc... I know that in my mind unforgiven, new 310, and jackbull stand up to those movies... so transitive property dictates that it is way better than it's predecessor IMO... shrug...

Ever see "The Long Riders"? Definitely one of my favorite westerns. Really liked "Silverado" too.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Guru13 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:58 am

Saw Cloverfield again yesterday (yes that's two days in a row) and I caught a lot more things than I did the first time through, if you see it, at the end of the movie (when they're on the Ferris Wheel at Coney Island looking at the ocean) look at the right side of the screen, it kinda gives you an idea where the monster came from. ;-D
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby logan » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:47 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
beanoX3 wrote:I don't think I'm gonna catch Cloverfield in the theaters at all. The internet hype for this movie screams Snakes on a Plane to me.

Not at all to me, I keep hearing it's a love/hate thing, I loved it (other than the sickness/headache it gave me) and thought it was really awesome, probably going to see it again today with some friends.

SoaP doesn't even compare not to mention it's not even close to the same category.my one word of warning besides guru's aforementioned motion sickness problem ,which you can fix with either OTC meds before hand and or sitting as far back from the screen as you can get if that kind of thing gets to you is to just remember just like lost ,which people who tend to "hate" forget, is the movie is not about the monster it's about the characters and how they move forward through situations presented to them by the cause of a giant monster destroying most of the city. don't go in thinking your going to see a monster for the whole time and you wont be disappointed. as guru said though it is a movie you will either really iejoy for what it is or not like it for what it is.

i give it a 9 out of 10
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Tiki » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:59 pm

I saw Smokin' Aces on my Dad's new HD TV, pretty sweet! I've already seen it, but not like that! Ari( :-b )/Jeremy Piven looks mad crazy in that movie in HD. Pretty ballin.

8.5/10! ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:19 pm

good luck chuck... if it weren't for all the boobs... dang... umm... 4/10 ... boob shots make up 3/4... jessica alba makes up 1/4... i'm gonna go drink away the memory of 92% of that movie now...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RiffRaff » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:09 pm

treat24 wrote:good luck chuck... if it weren't for all the boobs... dang... umm... 4/10 ... boob shots make up 3/4... jessica alba makes up 1/4... i'm gonna go drink away the memory of 92% of that movie now...

I'm sure glad that I get to see crap movies like that for free, otherwise I'd be really pissed off. :-t
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk