What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby treat24 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:38 pm

i'm watching Mr. Woodcock right now...

why do I do this to myself? !+)
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Jimboozie » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:45 pm

treat24 wrote:i'm watching Mr. Woodcock right now...

because you love the cock? :-? :-b
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Jimboozie » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:02 pm

Jimboozie wrote:

have you seen "shoot em up" yet? you'd like that one especially if you've got the home theater setup. i did anyway. ;-D
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:27 pm

Jimboozie wrote:
Jimboozie wrote:

have you seen "shoot em up" yet? you'd like that one especially if you've got the home theater setup. i did anyway. ;-D

yep, i enjoyed it... like jose... not like met
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Metroid » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:47 pm

Shoot Em Up sucked my arse. %-6

:-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:13 pm

The Usual Suspects just started on Universal HD channel... I love this flick.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:27 pm

Watched Game Plan last night. How does The Rock still have a job? :-P
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby beanoX3 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:22 pm

I watched Hitman yesterday. It wasn't as bad as I expected it to be, and I expected Uwe Boll level of bad. Kinda funny how the beginning used some old footage from Dark Angel to save money and how the music score sounded almost exactly like the Bourne series. Best way to enjoy this movie, if you like guns and violence, is to not think. Don't think about why an ultra-secret assassination organization couldn't think of a better name than simply "The Organization" and plastered their logo on everything. Try to ignore how impossible it would be to stay anonymous and under the radar when every single hitman in your employ is bald and has a barcode tattooed on the backs of their heads. Just enjoy the hot prostitute boobies (newly announced Bond girl, Olga Kurylenko), guns with half-foot long silencers, and explosions. Suspend your disbelief and Hitman is actually kind of funny.
:-B

I'd rate it 6/10.

PS: There's this one sequence that made me laugh pretty hard, although I'm pretty sure that wasn't the film's intended reaction. 47 runs into three other hitmen from his former organization and they tacitly agree to kill without guns. The way they go about dropping their guns to pull out swords is simply hilarious.
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby josebach » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:37 pm

beanoX3 wrote:I watched Hitman yesterday. It wasn't as bad as I expected it to be, and I expected Uwe Boll level of bad. Kinda funny how the beginning used some old footage from Dark Angel to save money and how the music score sounded almost exactly like the Bourne series. Best way to enjoy this movie, if you like guns and violence, is to not think. Don't think about why an ultra-secret assassination organization couldn't think of a better name than simply "The Organization" and plastered their logo on everything. Try to ignore how impossible it would be to stay anonymous and under the radar when every single hitman in your employ is bald and has a barcode tattooed on the backs of their heads. Just enjoy the hot prostitute boobies (newly announced Bond girl, Olga Kurylenko), guns with half-foot long silencers, and explosions. Suspend your disbelief and Hitman is actually kind of funny.
:-B

I'd rate it 6/10.

PS: There's this one sequence that made me laugh pretty hard, although I'm pretty sure that wasn't the film's intended reaction. 47 runs into three other hitmen from his former organization and they tacitly agree to kill without guns. The way they go about dropping their guns to pull out swords is simply hilarious.

I agree. It was kind of cheesy, but still worth watching. There were a couple really cool scenes in it.

7.5/10 (C)
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby cardiac cats » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:28 pm

No Country For Old Men 8/10

- great perfromances from all involved and Javier Bardem is a flat out pyschopath in this flick. I just wanted more closure at the end of the movie and I feel like the last 30 minutes of the film could've been done better. However, I still really enjoyed the movie and look forward to seeing it again so I can pick up on some of the more interesting plot tidbits ;-D
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk