What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby treat24 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:49 pm

The comebacks - ugh ... I'm a glutton for punishment. It was better than I thought it would be... but yeah... :-°
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:55 pm

Planes Trains and Automobiles. :-D
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:49 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Planes Trains and Automobiles. :-D

Classic! ;-D

I love the scene right after John Candy gets his coat stuck behind him while driving and they get spun around and they're going the wrong way....

Other driver: YOU'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY!
Neal: He says we're going the wrong way...
Del: Oh, he's drunk. How would he know where we're going?

Hilarious. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby beanoX3 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:18 pm

Watched a couple movies over the last few days.

Rendition
Makes you wonder how often US intelligence agencies use this tactic. Movie overall was OK, but I thought it could have been better if the movie didn't tell us right away that the rendition victim was innocent. Should have left that part vague until the end, but unfortunately went with the abuse of power angle. Jake Gyllenhaal needs to stop playing moody, depressed characters in all his movies.
6/10 :-°

Gone Baby Gone
Ben Affleck's little brother's big show, I guess. Ben's official directorial debut too. Movie is based off some books, same author as Mystic River, and the movie's tone and ambiance is similar to Mystic River. Movie was pretty good and did a good job of keeping the twists surprising instead of making them obvious. Kinda getting sick of the BAHston accent though.
8/10 ;-D
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RiffRaff » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:33 pm

cardiac cats wrote:No Country For Old Men 8/10

- great perfromances from all involved and Javier Bardem is a flat out pyschopath in this flick. I just wanted more closure at the end of the movie and I feel like the last 30 minutes of the film could've been done better. However, I still really enjoyed the movie and look forward to seeing it again so I can pick up on some of the more interesting plot tidbits ;-D

Spoiler Alert. Don't go any further if you don't want to know. ;-D

The Ending was Simply Brilliant. Why is there a need for closure? The Bad Guy wins and gets away. We don't need to see the point when he finally gets caught. :-°

Top 5 movie all time for me. 10/10. I hope it takes down all the Oscars. Well maybe I'll catch There Will Be Blood if it ever gets here.
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby treat24 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:36 am

^^^ I made it really tiny too for you raff... might help those that haven't seen it avoid the spoiler
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:22 am

Metroid wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Planes Trains and Automobiles. :-D

Classic! ;-D

I love the scene right after John Candy gets his coat stuck behind him while driving and they get spun around and they're going the wrong way....

Other driver: YOU'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY!
Neal: He says we're going the wrong way...
Del: Oh, he's drunk. How would he know where we're going?

Hilarious. :-b

Yeah, that was great. :-D

I liked this one too:
Neal: What's the flight situation?
Del: Simple. There's no way on earth we're going to get out of here tonight. We'd have more luck playing pickup sticks with our butt-cheeks than we will getting a flight out of here before daybreak.
Neal: I guess we'll find out soon enough.
Del: Yeah, but by the time the airline cancels this flight, which they will sooner or later, you'd have more of a chance to find a three-legged ballerina than you would a hotel room.
Neal: Are you saying I could be *stuck* in Wichita?
Del: I'm saying you *are* stuck in Wichita.

And the famous:
Neal: Del... Why did you kiss my ear?
Del: Why are you holding my hand?
Neal: [frowns] Where's your other hand?
Del: Between two pillows...
Neal: Those aren't pillows!

:-b
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:12 am

license to wed ... meh... so much of it was so unrealistic and some scenes went on WAY too long that it annoyed me... overall average... but I just haven't been watching too many good movies lately... Part of my problem is having the unlimited rentals and renting anything and everything... :-°
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Metroid » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:23 am

treat24 wrote:license to wed ... meh... so much of it was so unrealistic and some scenes went on WAY too long that it annoyed me... overall average... but I just haven't been watching too many good movies lately... Part of my problem is having the unlimited rentals and renting anything and everything... :-°

Have you seen Brick? Or Cocaine Cowboys?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby treat24 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:27 am

Metroid wrote:
treat24 wrote:license to wed ... meh... so much of it was so unrealistic and some scenes went on WAY too long that it annoyed me... overall average... but I just haven't been watching too many good movies lately... Part of my problem is having the unlimited rentals and renting anything and everything... :-°

Have you seen Brick? Or Cocaine Cowboys?

yes and no... i'll check out the latter ...brick was good, saw it a couple years ago... JGL has done some decent work lately between that and the lookout ;-D
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk