What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby treat24 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:12 pm

moonhead wrote:
treat24 wrote:king of kong, fistfull of quarters... very very good... finally a good one in the bunch ;-D

spoiler, gonna make it tiny:

Even though at the end of the film we find steve wiebe eventually got the record, if you go online and billy mitchell has just barely topped him once again. sad... i was rooting for steve a lot. billy is just arrogant and weird. i hope steve takes the record back.

the film is not accurate in that respect, from what i have read, about billy mitchell. the documentary manipulated a few facts and omitted certain things to make it more entertaining. good film, but take it for what it is. a film.

could you inform me in a pm?
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby moonhead » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:37 pm

treat24 wrote:
moonhead wrote:
treat24 wrote:king of kong, fistfull of quarters... very very good... finally a good one in the bunch ;-D

spoiler, gonna make it tiny:

Even though at the end of the film we find steve wiebe eventually got the record, if you go online and billy mitchell has just barely topped him once again. sad... i was rooting for steve a lot. billy is just arrogant and weird. i hope steve takes the record back.

the film is not accurate in that respect, from what i have read, about billy mitchell. the documentary manipulated a few facts and omitted certain things to make it more entertaining. good film, but take it for what it is. a film.

could you inform me in a pm?

let me find the link.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby moonhead » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:38 pm

moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:39 pm

watching the Harry Potter movies all over again because we got the latest one for christmas

I am remembering a ton of stuff I forgot ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:45 pm

moonhead wrote:http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3165895

none of the things billy has issues with bothered me or influenced my opinion of Billy in that film. Everything in that link was a non-issue for me. The link however, does make billy look a tad nicer. shrug... still like wiebe
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:52 pm

treat24 wrote:

none of the things billy has issues with bothered me or influenced my opinion of Billy in that film. Everything in that link was a non-issue for me. The link however, does make billy look a tad nicer. shrug... still like wiebe

i don't really know what you're taking exception to, then.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby treat24 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:57 pm

moonhead wrote:
treat24 wrote:

i don't really know what you're taking exception to, then.

the way he treated wiebe when he walked into the tourney near the end. He walked by wiebe and said "there are some people here (referring to wiebe as he walked by wiebe) "I don't want to be near" or "don't want to talk to" or "don't want to be around" (something to that affect) to his wife. Forgot the quote, I' still have the dvd, i'll check it out.. He treated Wiebe rudely the only time they met in the movie. that was on film, both on camera. Billy can't deny that one. There were other things too, but I can't remember them at the moment...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby moonhead » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:59 pm

yeah that was bogus. in his defense he is a sociopath gamer nerd from the beginning. he doesn't really know how to handle situations. not that it's acceptable. but it may explain it. :shrug:
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby treat24 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:00 pm

moonhead wrote:yeah that was bogus. in his defense he is a sociopath gamer nerd from the beginning. he doesn't really know how to handle situations. not that it's acceptable. but it may explain it. :shrug:

:shrug: I can see that. I have a gamer nerd friend that until about 2 years ago was very akward in social situations...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:20 pm

I watched European Vacation last night on HDNet...That was hilarious. I love those movies. :-D
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk