What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby Metroid » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:56 pm

josebach wrote:
Metroid wrote:Watched Idocracy last night. I'd put it right there with Shoot Em Up. %-6

To wash the taste of that turd out of my mouth I followed it up with The Big Lebowski and all was well. ;-D

See, I also thought Idiocracy was garbage. All is right again in the universe.

Yeah my buddy had been telling me I have to see it...I think I'm gonna have to punch him in the face. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Jimboozie » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:08 pm

You gotta admit that the "kicked in the balls" bit was pretty funny. :-b
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby FantasyMan13 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:09 pm

josebach wrote:
FantasyMan13 wrote:Saw Rock Star last night. Seen parts of it on TV before but never the whole thing. Pretty good. Over the top at time, IMO, but Jennifer Anistons in it so... yeah.

7/10

How can you make a movie about a Rock Star and then make it PG-13?

I don't know either, but they did it. :-P

Yeah, Wahlbergs parents were with him after his first concert with the big band :-b :-b
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby josebach » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:36 pm

Jimboozie wrote:You gotta admit that the "kicked in the balls" bit was pretty funny. :-b

Yeah, but that was also in the DVD menu. In other words, as long as you don't actually push play, the movie is pretty funny. :-b
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby RiffRaff » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:22 pm

Metroid wrote:Watched Idocracy last night. I'd put it right there with Shoot Em Up. %-6

To wash the taste of that turd out of my mouth I followed it up with The Big Lebowski and all was well. ;-D

"I like Money". Wanna go to Starbucks?
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby FantasyMan13 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:47 pm

Saw Slap Shot today. Very funny movie. I loved the Hanson brothers. Will definitely be watching it again.

8/10

Up next: The Godfather
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby beanoX3 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:56 pm

Alien vs. Predator: Requiem

%-6
Hard to believe I finished watching this movie in its entirety. I'm not one of those die-hard Alien or Predator fans, but even I can tell that this movie f*cks up all types of stuff established in the original franchises. Aliens can now go from face hugger to full grown alien within minutes. A queen alien isn't even needed anymore since apparently, the predalien (hybrid) seems to be able to both lay face hugger eggs and directly inject baby aliens into humans. AVP:R also picked up the shaky camera technique (blech!) so the fights between the predator and aliens are impossible to tell what happens. And apparenty, the Predator homeworld is only 5 minutes away from Earth. I know this is sci-fi, but come on, even Star Trek didn't even do that.

Anyways, once again, FOX fails to realize that main attraction between a Predator/Alien mashup is THEIR FIGHT!! The pizza boy lusting after the blonde cheerleader plotline was crap. The convict recently released from jail that the sheriff seems to think could do better plotline was crap. The army mom who seems to have lost her connection to her daughter plotline was crap. Even the setting was conflicting. Supposed to be a small Colorado backwoods town with only a sheriff to handle things, but had things only large cities usually have like a gas/electricty plant and elaborate sewer systems with bums living inside. Guess questions like that doesn't matter to the filmmakers since the town/city gets nuked at the end. Gee, how the hell can the US military explain setting off a nuke on American soil? Who cares, since the movie doesn't, right?

1/10 :-t
Only because what you do get to see of the Predator killing Aliens was cool and the blonde cheerleader strips to her underwear for 30 seconds. Sorry for my rant, but this movie upset me. Sorry for any spoilers too, but honestly, this movie really has no plot to spoil.
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RiffRaff » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:50 am

Jimboozie wrote:You gotta admit that the "kicked in the balls" bit was pretty funny. :-b

Come on, let's go to Starbucks and Carl Juniors. ;-D
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby josebach » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:32 am

I saw Juno this past weekend and really, really liked it. The dialogue in the movie was great and even a little raunchy in some places. I would recommend this movie to just about anyone and will probably even buy it.

9/10 (A-) ;-D
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby treat24 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:06 pm

Gone Baby Gone tonight... some good stuff right there ;-D
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk