What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby steelerfan513 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:09 pm

RiffRaff wrote:
Jimboozie wrote:You gotta admit that the "kicked in the balls" bit was pretty funny. :-b


Come on, let's go to Starbucks and Carl Juniors. ;-D


Brought to you by Carl's Juniors.

I personally liked Idiocracy, but that's just me.
Image
Image
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 11906
Joined: 15 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby mikus » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:17 pm

I Am Legend

9/10

Maybe I am a little biased because I love Will Smith and his movies, but I really liked this movie. I am not sure what I expected because I tried not to watch previews of it or read reviews because I wanted to be surprised. It was thrilling at times, sad at others ... I think he is a great actor and he did another great job in this movie. Loved the story.
Image
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 4658
Joined: 20 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby Jimboozie » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:42 am

beanoX3 wrote:Alien vs. Predator: Requiem

%-6
1/10 :-t


Thanks for your review, even though it was unnecessary. I saw the first AVP, which gave plenty enough reasons to stay away from the sequel. :-b :-b
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 12527
Joined: 6 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby josebach » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:45 am

I saw The Brave One last night and couldn't believe how mediocre the whole thing was. I love how she kept randomly being attacked by bad guys... :-? It was slightly unbelievable to say the least. %-6

I did like Terrence Howard, though. He's a pretty cool cat.

7/10 (C-)
Image
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 4611
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby treat24 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:49 am

josebach wrote:I saw The Brave One last night and couldn't believe how mediocre the whole thing was. I love how she kept randomly being attacked by bad guys... :-? It was slightly unbelievable to say the least. %-6

I did like Terrence Howard, though. He's a pretty cool cat.

7/10 (C-)


yeah I felt about the same. enjoyable watch, similar to death sentence with bacon... 6/10 to 7/10 for me...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18188
Joined: 6 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby josebach » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:51 am

treat24 wrote:
josebach wrote:I saw The Brave One last night and couldn't believe how mediocre the whole thing was. I love how she kept randomly being attacked by bad guys... :-? It was slightly unbelievable to say the least. %-6

I did like Terrence Howard, though. He's a pretty cool cat.

7/10 (C-)


yeah I felt about the same. enjoyable watch, similar to death sentence with bacon... 6/10 to 7/10 for me...


I saw Death Sentence in the theater and thought it was a much better, more believable movie. I give Death Sentence a solid 8.5 (B) and will probably buy it if I see it for $10 or less.
Image
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 4611
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby treat24 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:56 am

josebach wrote:
treat24 wrote:
josebach wrote:I saw The Brave One last night and couldn't believe how mediocre the whole thing was. I love how she kept randomly being attacked by bad guys... :-? It was slightly unbelievable to say the least. %-6

I did like Terrence Howard, though. He's a pretty cool cat.

7/10 (C-)


yeah I felt about the same. enjoyable watch, similar to death sentence with bacon... 6/10 to 7/10 for me...


I saw Death Sentence in the theater and thought it was a much better, more believable movie. I give Death Sentence a solid 8.5 (B) and will probably buy it if I see it for $10 or less.


death sentence was definitely better... i was just saying they were similar. 8.5/10 is way high for me though. on that scale, shawshank would get a 25/10 ... :)
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18188
Joined: 6 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby Jimboozie » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:02 am

Thanks, Jose. I'm checking off The Brave One from my netflix queue. Judging by the previews, I couldn't get a good read of whether or not it sucked; sounds like it does. ETA: Death Sentence rocks!

Might as well grade the last couple of movies I saw while I'm posting in here.

Better Off Dead: Netflix recommended this 80s quirky teenage comedy starring John Cusack to me. It was predictable yet fun and entertaining. Not a bad one-timer. B-

Tape: I loved it. This little known about 2001 film is based on a play which takes place in one room with three characters. Top-notch acting, writing, and directing throughout. Highly recommended. A
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 12527
Joined: 6 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby josebach » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:05 am

treat24 wrote:
josebach wrote:
treat24 wrote:
yeah I felt about the same. enjoyable watch, similar to death sentence with bacon... 6/10 to 7/10 for me...


I saw Death Sentence in the theater and thought it was a much better, more believable movie. I give Death Sentence a solid 8.5 (B) and will probably buy it if I see it for $10 or less.


death sentence was definitely better... i was just saying they were similar. 8.5/10 is way high for me though. on that scale, shawshank would get a 25/10 ... :)


That's why I always clarify my number rankings with a letter grade. I think a letter grade is much more telling as to what you really thing of a movie. For example, to some people, 5/10 would be average or a "C". To me, 75% is a "C" or 7.5/10.

So on this scale...
The Brave One = C-
Death Sentence = B
Shawshank = A.

I would assume for you it would be...
The Brave One = C- (7/10)
Death Sentence = B- (8/10)
Shawshank = A+ (10/10)

That about right?

Letter grades just make more sense to me, but what do I know. :-S
Image
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 4611
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby treat24 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:09 am

josebach wrote:I would assume for you it would be...
The Brave One = C- (7/10)
Death Sentence = B- (8/10)
Shawshank = A+ (10/10)

That about right?

Letter grades just make more sense to me, but what do I know. :-S


that's a good call... i've never really like the "out of 10" scale...

in my head I don't give death sentence 8/10 ... but I do give it a B- ... so that is weird... yeah I think you are right on what you think I would give them. I wouldn't rewatch either death sentence or brave one though. one watch... ok... after that nah...

i'm watching martian child and we own the night today.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18188
Joined: 6 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 22:22 hours
(and 38 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact