What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby steelerfan513 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:21 pm

moonhead wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:Well this past weekend my wife wanted to see the Matthew Mconigay flick but at the last minute she switched it to Jumper. :-t

Almost $20 down the drain. The guy can't act period. He couldn't in Star Wars and he still can't. Plus the premise gets old real quick.

He was in Star Wars? :-? Or is there something I'm not getting?

anakin is in jumper.

Oh, I thought he was talking about Mcconigay.

Yeah, Christiansen or whatever his name is sucks so bad at acting that he infected everyone that did a modern Star Wars movie.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moonhead » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:29 pm

it's not his fault. george lucas is a shitty director.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby kyguy78 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:38 pm

I've watched a few movies lately.

Gone Baby Gone - thought it was great and hould've been nomianted for Best Picture. Overall, I actually liked it better than Mystic River.

American Gangster - Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe both give terrific performances and Denzel is a flat out bad ass in this movie. It is about twenty minutes too long though.

Michael Clayton - thought George Clooney did a very good job and the movie just has a terrific feel to it

The Comebacks - worst movie I've watched in a long time.

I Know Who Killed Me - it's bad, but not as bad as advertisted. Lohan actually does a decent job in a sucky movie.

"Just when you think you know the answers, I change the questions!"
kyguy78
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby treat24 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:37 am

kyguy78 wrote:I've watched a few movies lately.

Gone Baby Gone - thought it was great and hould've been nomianted for Best Picture. Overall, I actually liked it better than Mystic River.

American Gangster - Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe both give terrific performances and Denzel is a flat out bad ass in this movie. It is about twenty minutes too long though.

Michael Clayton - thought George Clooney did a very good job and the movie just has a terrific feel to it

The Comebacks - worst movie I've watched in a long time.

I Know Who Killed Me - it's bad, but not as bad as advertisted. Lohan actually does a decent job in a sucky movie.

same boat as you here on these (haven't seen gangster yet)... I thought the comebacks was better than I thought it would be. It looked absolutely dreadful... it was merely just "bad" ...

I'm watching American Gangster, Chaos, and In the Valley of Elah today... heard good stuff about all of them
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby treat24 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:49 am

Chaos - decent... kind of like Inside Man. Inside Man is more clever though. Chaos was an enjoyable watch though.

In the Valley of Elah - it was ok. A lot like Courage Under Fire with a lot less depth and mystery. Just average, won't watch again.

American Pie: Beta House - turned it off within 45 minutes. Closer to 30... not even lots of boobs could keep me watching this crap.

Blah... still haven't gotten to American Gangster... It's like 19 hours long and I can't find that kind of time yet...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:51 am

treat24 wrote:American Pie: Beta House - turned it off within 45 minutes. Closer to 30... not even lots of boobs could keep me watching this crap.

why would you even bother? :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby treat24 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:58 am

Metroid wrote:
treat24 wrote:American Pie: Beta House - turned it off within 45 minutes. Closer to 30... not even lots of boobs could keep me watching this crap.

I've seen almost everything at blockbuster and I have unlimited rentals... You don't even wanna know half the shiz Raff and I have seen in our lives... :-° I remember when I hit 10,000 movies watched (i used to keep track), I gotta be near 15-20K now... I didn't even start counting til I was a teenager... It's shocking I'm actually in shape... :-°
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Metroid » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:09 pm

treat24 wrote:
Metroid wrote:

I've seen almost everything at blockbuster and I have unlimited rentals... You don't even wanna know half the shiz Raff and I have seen in our lives... :-° I remember when I hit 10,000 movies watched (i used to keep track), I gotta be near 15-20K now... I didn't even start counting til I was a teenager... It's shocking I'm actually in shape... :-°

Oh I hear ya man, between my living 2 minutes from Blockbuster and my Netflix I see quite a lot of movies too. Also now that all I do is take care of pops most of my time is very idle. And I was just giving you a hard time, I think were the same type of people in that we'll watch anything good or bad...or at least give it a try. My train of thought has always been: How can you really appreciate the good movies if you don't sit through the bad or you'll appreciate the good movies that much more by watching bad ones too. Ya know?
Metroid

Postby treat24 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:11 pm

Metroid wrote:Oh I hear ya man, between my living 2 minutes from Blockbuster and my Netflix I see quite a lot of movies too. Also now that all I do is take care of pops most of my time is very idle. And I was just giving you a hard time, I think were the same type of people in that we'll watch anything good or bad...or at least give it a try. My train of thought has always been: How can you really appreciate the good movies if you don't sit through the bad or you'll appreciate the good movies that much more by watching bad ones too. Ya know?

hells yeah!

and i'm easily entertained... so even though some movies are crap... i don't mind them... every once in awhile you find a diamond in the rough :-D
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Metroid » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:17 pm

treat24 wrote:
Metroid wrote:Oh I hear ya man, between my living 2 minutes from Blockbuster and my Netflix I see quite a lot of movies too. Also now that all I do is take care of pops most of my time is very idle. And I was just giving you a hard time, I think were the same type of people in that we'll watch anything good or bad...or at least give it a try. My train of thought has always been: How can you really appreciate the good movies if you don't sit through the bad or you'll appreciate the good movies that much more by watching bad ones too. Ya know?

hells yeah!

and i'm easily entertained... so even though some movies are crap... i don't mind them... every once in awhile you find a diamond in the rough :-D

Exactly and sometimes we'll sit through lame movies and talk crap the whole time to which is fun. And I'll watch anything alone, I'll go on little runs where I'll watch westerns for a couple weeks then switch to horror flicks and so on. Doesn't really matter what it is. I'm a movie junkie for sure.
Metroid

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk