What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby Metroid » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:34 pm

treat24 wrote:LOL, they were on last night... I DVR'd them :-D

Well there you go I don't even know what the hell is going on. :-B :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby stomperrob » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:29 am

Sophie Scholl - Die letzten Tage (The Final Days) (2005-German)

Caught this on the movie channel the other night - heard about it a while ago and wanted to see it but couldn't find it and then it shows up on TV. Incredible true story of the heroine of the White Rose resistance in WWII Germany, a 21 year old student who stood up to Hitler and the Nazi regime and was arrested for it in 1943 and refused to back down, and refused to implicate her associates - she remained true to her convictions to the end.
Show is entirely in German with English subtitles. Very little action, primarily a dramatic recreation of her arrest, interrogation and trial.
Probably not for everyone's tastes, but one I highly reccomend if this type of flick appeals to you - I give it a solid 9/10!

;-D ;-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Metroid » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:13 pm

Watched Beowulf...bleh.

The CG animation was kinda neat I guess....I'm OK with a little CG...meh, call me a purist but I'd have rather seen it done with live actors, CG people just look lame to me. :-?

I watched it, I wasn't completely bored but I also wasn't all that impressed either and I won't be watching it again.
Metroid

Postby treat24 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:57 pm

watched 4 movies today, i'll rank them in order

No Country For Old Men - yeah it's good. I had a few issues... but hey it was a good one. I was entertained the whole movie.

Beowulf - like met said. I know they used real actors and image mapped CG over them. It was ok... like met i wasn't bored, but I wasn't too impressed either... ok watch I guess...
Man on Fire - yeah, gave it another chance... still an ok movie... but i hate when they shake the camera and go back and forth just to make it seem like there is action. Creasy would meet up with Mel Gibson's character in Payback and run to a little corner and cry...

30 Days of Night - Josh, you're my boy, you're from MN... but did you read that script and actually think it would be ok? It went from the theaters to DVD in 3 months... Wife and I had to turn it off about 30 minutes in. We watched American Pie Beta House for longer... at least that one had boobs... hands down one of the worst unbearable 30 minutes... and I can't get it back... During that 30 minutes I could have hit my head against the wall a couple hundred times... but instead I spent it in much more pain... :-° I normally try to make it through even the crappy movies... but this was just torture...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Metroid » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:11 pm

treat24 wrote:30 Days of Night - Josh, you're my boy, you're from MN... but did you read that script and actually think it would be ok? It went from the theaters to DVD in 3 months... Wife and I had to turn it off about 30 minutes in. We watched American Pie Beta House for longer... at least that one had boobs... hands down one of the worst unbearable 30 minutes... and I can't get it back... During that 30 minutes I could have hit my head against the wall a couple hundred times... but instead I spent it in much more pain... :-° I normally try to make it through even the crappy movies... but this was just torture...

Man I'm glad it was out when I went to rent movies today. %-6
Metroid

Postby treat24 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:59 pm

on further thought... i put man on fire above beowulf... just thought of that. Beowulf I had not previously seen, so I was entertained by it today... that newness factor... but Man on Fire is a better movie i think...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby kyguy78 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:08 pm

Metroid wrote:
treat24 wrote:30 Days of Night - Josh, you're my boy, you're from MN... but did you read that script and actually think it would be ok? It went from the theaters to DVD in 3 months... Wife and I had to turn it off about 30 minutes in. We watched American Pie Beta House for longer... at least that one had boobs... hands down one of the worst unbearable 30 minutes... and I can't get it back... During that 30 minutes I could have hit my head against the wall a couple hundred times... but instead I spent it in much more pain... :-° I normally try to make it through even the crappy movies... but this was just torture...

I watched the whole thing, but it seemed like it took four and a half hours. Decent premise for a movie, some really good gore for a horror movie, but it just drags on and on and on and on!

"Just when you think you know the answers, I change the questions!"
kyguy78
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby treat24 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:26 pm

kyguy78 wrote:
Metroid wrote:

I watched the whole thing, but it seemed like it took four and a half hours. Decent premise for a movie, some really good gore for a horror movie, but it just drags on and on and on and on!

you should PM me how it ends... out of pure curiosity...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The_Captain » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:22 pm

The wife and I watched Next the other night with Nicolas Cage, Julianne Moore and Jessica Biel.

The only good thing about this movie was Jessica Biel, other than that not worth watching.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:39 am

Into The Wild

I liked it...I think the guy was a little off his rocker and the most sane guy on the planet all at the same time. For those who don't know it's a true story about a guy who discards all his worldly possessions short of some survival equipment to live a solitary life in the wilderness of Alaska. It's pretty cool to know that with just some basic survival equipment you could survive for months in the wild. At the same time it's frightening to know that one tiny little mistake could take your life after all those months.

Good flick. ;-D ;-D
Metroid

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk