What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby josebach » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:49 am

Metroid wrote:Into The Wild

I liked it...I think the guy was a little off his rocker and the most sane guy on the planet all at the same time. For those who don't know it's a true story about a guy who discards all his worldly possessions short of some survival equipment to live a solitary life in the wilderness of Alaska. It's pretty cool to know that with just some basic survival equipment you could survive for months in the wild. At the same time it's frightening to know that one tiny little mistake could take your life after all those months.

Good flick. ;-D ;-D


I'm excited to watch that!!!

You slack asses should have seen Beowulf in 3D at the theaters like I suggested. It's what made the movie.
Image
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 4611
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby Metroid » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:04 am

josebach wrote:
Metroid wrote:Into The Wild

I liked it...I think the guy was a little off his rocker and the most sane guy on the planet all at the same time. For those who don't know it's a true story about a guy who discards all his worldly possessions short of some survival equipment to live a solitary life in the wilderness of Alaska. It's pretty cool to know that with just some basic survival equipment you could survive for months in the wild. At the same time it's frightening to know that one tiny little mistake could take your life after all those months.

Good flick. ;-D ;-D


I'm excited to watch that!!!

You slack asses should have seen Beowulf in 3D at the theaters like I suggested. It's what made the movie.

I'm sure it did since the deal with the movie is how "visual" it is.
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby josebach » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:12 am

Metroid wrote:I'm sure it did since the deal with the movie is how "visual" it is.

Yeah, it was really awesome. This new 3D technology is the future. You'll see. ;-D
Image
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 4611
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby Metroid » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:33 am

josebach wrote:
Metroid wrote:I'm sure it did since the deal with the movie is how "visual" it is.

Yeah, it was really awesome. This new 3D technology is the future. You'll see. ;-D

Like I said in my critique of the movie I don't mind some of that 3D CG imagery but an entire film eh not so much.
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby josebach » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:41 am

Metroid wrote:
josebach wrote:
Metroid wrote:I'm sure it did since the deal with the movie is how "visual" it is.

Yeah, it was really awesome. This new 3D technology is the future. You'll see. ;-D

Like I said in my critique of the movie I don't mind some of that 3D CG imagery but an entire film eh not so much.


You watched it on DVD, right? That's 2D CG imagery.
Image
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 4611
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby cardiac cats » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:24 pm

The Virgin Suicides 8/10

-Sofia Coppola's directorial debut back in like 2000. Stars Kirsten Dunst, Josh Hartnett, and James Woods. Interesting movie with some comedy, drama, and a crazy ending. The movie title says alot ;-7
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator


Posts: 652
Joined: 26 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: south carolina

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby Metroid » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:28 pm

josebach wrote:You watched it on DVD, right? That's 2D CG imagery.

Yeah I guess it is. :-b
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby kyguy78 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:01 pm

Next - not bad for what it was. Interesting concept for a movie, but it just didn't really come together. Julianne Moore is laughably miscast as a bitchy FBI agent, but Nicholas Cage is watchable as always

Be Kind Rewind - I liked it for it's quirkiness. Jack Black and Mos Def have a really solid chemistry. THe best thing about the movie is their "Sweded" versions of movies like Ghostbusters, Rush Hour, etc. and some of the clever ways they're able to pull off the special effects.

Juno - I really liked it, even more so than I thought it would. It is a little uneven at times, but I definitely can say it lived up to the hype for me. Ellen Page will probably never get a role this good again though.
Image

"Just when you think you know the answers, I change the questions!"
kyguy78
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1616
Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Planet Earth

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby treat24 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:51 pm

I just popped in the movie "Awake" with Jessica Alba and Hayden Christensen... I'm expecting a very very very poorly acted movie... but i'm hoping it will be ok... as I speak I see Terrence Howard is in it... He might up the acting level a bit... Alba is just plain dreadful as an actress but wonderful to look at. Hayden... well, jury is still out for me. Loved him in "Life as a House."
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18188
Joined: 6 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby Tiki » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:55 pm

treat24 wrote:I just popped in the movie "Awake" with Jessica Alba and Hayden Christensen... I'm expecting a very very very poorly acted movie... but i'm hoping it will be ok... as I speak I see Terrence Howard is in it... He might up the acting level a bit... Alba is just plain dreadful as an actress but wonderful to look at. Hayden... well, jury is still out for me. Loved him in "Life as a House."

I watched that movie blown out of my mind, and I couldn't handle it. My brother kinda looks like Hayden and I couldn't get passed that. But, I thought the concept was good, but they could've done better. The twist was nice though. ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 7020
Joined: 25 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: '08 DOM-35.

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 5:44 hours
(and 37 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact