What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby treat24 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:10 pm

Tiki wrote:
treat24 wrote:I just popped in the movie "Awake" with Jessica Alba and Hayden Christensen... I'm expecting a very very very poorly acted movie... but i'm hoping it will be ok... as I speak I see Terrence Howard is in it... He might up the acting level a bit... Alba is just plain dreadful as an actress but wonderful to look at. Hayden... well, jury is still out for me. Loved him in "Life as a House."

I watched that movie blown out of my mind, and I couldn't handle it. My brother kinda looks like Hayden and I couldn't get passed that. But, I thought the concept was good, but they could've done better. The twist was nice though. ;-D

well all be... i didn't see the twist you were talking about... i think you were a little "blown out of [your] mind" like you said... :) but it wasn't half bad. I kinda enjoyed it. Like you said... they could have done better. There were parts... like the first half of the movie... that were drawn out and seemed to take forever. You realize later that they were needed... but they were boring to watch... the last half of the movie I enjoyed a lot though. I've actually seen a few movies with this concept and ER did an episode with Cynthia Nixon with the same concept. This movie did a better job with it. There was another "b" movie that did it ... can't remember the title... that did an "ok" job too. All in all... I was happy with that movie watching experience afterwards... and that's a good thing. If only they could have sped up the first half or added something more to entertain us... a subplot or something... :-° :-)
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby treat24 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:16 pm

Here's what's on the docket for today and tomorrow... I will watch more than these... but here's what I have here...

Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium

The Bridge - a la Met... I remember seeing it... but upon talking to my wife we think we might have seen a different GGB Documentary... So we are gonna check it out to either enjoy, or realize quickly and go get another movie....

Into the Wild - people tell me lots of wonderful stuff... raff knows better than anyone that when I hear to much good stuff I go in with high expectations and coming out ripping it a new one... OR It rises to the occassion... I'm hoping for the latter...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby eagles21 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:28 pm

So I just "watched" Gerry (I actually put it on demand and fast forwarded through it). Anyway, I fast-forwarded half the movie, and I still think it was quite possibly the worst movie ever made.

1 hour 43 minutes = 20 minutes of dialogue + 1 hour and 20 minutes of Casey Affleck and Matt Damon walking through the desert. Horrible. :-P
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:47 pm

treat24 wrote:Here's what's on the docket for today and tomorrow... I will watch more than these... but here's what I have here...

Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium

The Bridge - a la Met... I remember seeing it... but upon talking to my wife we think we might have seen a different GGB Documentary... So we are gonna check it out to either enjoy, or realize quickly and go get another movie....

Into the Wild - people tell me lots of wonderful stuff... raff knows better than anyone that when I hear to much good stuff I go in with high expectations and coming out ripping it a new one... OR It rises to the occassion... I'm hoping for the latter...

WARNING! Those last 2 are not really "feel good" movies so if you don't like going to bed with a bit of a heavy heart I'd save Mr. Magoo's Magical Mystery Bus for last. ;-D

I'm a softy though so whatever. :-D

Hey what about that other I mentioned via PM by Wes Anderson: The Darjeeling Limited? :-?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby kyguy78 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:20 pm

Across the Universe - Better than I thought it would be. THe movie had a good look to it and I thought it was cool how they weaved some of the songs into the plot. Plus Evan Rachel Wood looked pretty cute and has a really good singing voice.

"Just when you think you know the answers, I change the questions!"
kyguy78
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Tiki » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:53 pm

I saw this movie yesterday called "In Burges". It had Colin Ferrel,The guy who played Lord Voldemort Ralph something, and the guy who played Professor Moodie (the guy with the crazy eye) in it. But, it was pretty damned good. It is about these two guys who have to hide out in a town called "Burges" in Belgium. They are from England. Pretty funny, pretty crazy. I suggest it.

P.S.-Makes me really wanna go see the city of Burges.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780536/
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:56 pm

Metroid wrote:
Hey what about that other I mentioned via PM by Wes Anderson: The Darjeeling Limited? :-?

I want to see it. I've liked all his other movies.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Metroid » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:59 pm

josebach wrote:
Metroid wrote:

I love that awkward dry humor. ;-D
Metroid

Postby treat24 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:01 pm

josebach wrote:
Metroid wrote:

I'd like it if you stop reading met and my pms :-b
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Metroid » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:02 pm

treat24 wrote:
josebach wrote:
Metroid wrote:

I'd like it if you stop reading met and my pms :-b

:-b
Metroid

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk