What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby Jimboozie » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:05 pm

Metroid wrote:
treat24 wrote:I'd like it if you stop reading met and my pms :-b

:-b

You ladies need a tampon?
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby treat24 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:12 pm

Jimboozie wrote:
Metroid wrote:
treat24 wrote:I'd like it if you stop reading met and my pms :-b

You ladies need a tampon?

you can't let Met get near tampons or pads... look at him as a kid:

treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Jimboozie » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:18 pm

Sorry I asked. 8-o
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:20 pm

Thats just the pic of me with the pads. you should have seen the pic when I got into the tampons. 8-o

Hey treat you at home? :-?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby kyguy78 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:59 am

Awake - This movie bored me to tears. I basically watched the whole movie on x1.5 speed (the greatest invention ever for movie viewing). Hayden Christensen is awful. It's a cool idea for a story, but the execution was way off, but at least there was Jessica Alba in it looking hot as always. And as far as the twist some people mentioned, yeah, I thought it was really the only good thing about the movie.

"Just when you think you know the answers, I change the questions!"
kyguy78
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby treat24 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:05 am

kyguy78 wrote:Awake - This movie bored me to tears. I basically watched the whole movie on x1.5 speed (the greatest invention ever for movie viewing). Hayden Christensen is awful. It's a cool idea for a story, but the execution was way off, but at least there was Jessica Alba in it looking hot as always. And as far as the twist some people mentioned, yeah, I thought it was really the only good thing about the movie.

WHAT TWIST... I still don't see the twist... did I fall alseep for 20 minutes when this twist happened!!! I'm genuinely curious now... I haven't the slightest clue what the heck you guys are talking about... could both Tiki and kyguy78 please PM it to me or it will bug me to the point that I will have to rerent and rewatch that movie and that is something I really don't wanna do!!!

and yeah... like I alluded to before... I wish I had thought of 1.5 speed for the first hour... I rather liked how the last 45 minutes took care of things though...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby eaglesfan » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:25 am

Little Children

Very odd film, not sure if I enjoyed it or not.
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby portisfan24 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:15 pm

Checked out There Will be Blood after seeing it take home a few awards. I am not quite sure what to think of it. It was interesting but pretty slow in parts. Also, a few scenes had me just scratching my head and thinking "what in the hell is going on here?" I saw it a week ago and I'm still not quite sure how I feel about it. The lead actor was really good, especially the last 1/3 or so.

Overall, it is worth watching, but I don't quite think it lives up to its best picture nomination.

PS- DRAINAAAAAAAAAGE!!!!!!!!
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:20 am

Currently watching Planet Terror again. It's got a woman with a machine gun for a leg. What else could you want? :-b
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:28 am

Vantage Point one of the worst movies i have seen in a long time. thankfully i kept nodding off but then a car crash or explosion would wake me up. the idea seemed clever but a plot might have helped....plus Dennis Quaid's acting was horrendeous
3/10

Margot at the Wedding it's no The Squid and the Whale but this dark comedy by Noah Baumbach had some funny moments. I've come to the conclusion that Jennifer Jason Leigh has to show her boobs in every movie she's in (i guess she doesnt in Existenz) but you also get to see Jack Blacks ass. Nicole Kidman is also in it
7/10

American Gangster too long. it was good but i never really felt a connection to the characters or really cared what was going to happen next. Denzel Washington might be the most over-rated actor next to Tom Hanks.
7/10

Darjeeling Limited i'm a huge Wes Anderson fan but this one would be at the bottom of the list for me. however, it usually takes a repeat viewing for me to really appreciate his films. I like when Jason Schwartzman licks his hand while he's with that Indian chick
7/10
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk