What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby mad hatter » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:01 pm

Metroid wrote:
treat24 wrote:
Metroid wrote:Watched Hitman....wish I hadn't. %-6

elaborate? I rented it today, but have not watched yet... :-)

I dunno, it just didn't pump my nads. Some OK action I guess but the character development was VERY hurried and the story was just kinda bleh. I realize it's based off a video game so you kinda have to let some stuff go, but the idea that there's this uber secret hitman squad that no one knows about and are described as ghosts yet they all walk around in suits and shaved heads with barcode tats on the back of their heads is hard to swallow. It wasn't all that bad just nothing really made it all that special...The chick in it is hot though. ;-D

deadly viper hit squad? or whatever the hell they're called.
We must not confuse dissent from disloyalty. We will not walk in fear, one of another, we will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.

my words but a whisper -- your deafness a shout
i may make you feel -- but i can't make you think
mad hatter
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football
Location: Constantly overstimulated, yet simulatneously underwhelmed.

Postby Metroid » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:09 pm

mad hatter wrote:deadly viper hit squad? or whatever the hell they're called.

Uhhhh no. Kill Bill was actually a good movie. ;-)
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:10 am

Saw "Sicko" today for the first time. Christ Almighty, do I ever want to leave the States more than ever. I've always known that our health care system is completely out of whack. I just never knew to what extent. And though I don't always know quite how to feel about Michael Moore, I have to say he nailed "Sicko" perfectly when it comes to how screwed up we are when it comes to taking care of the ill.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:27 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Saw "Sicko" today for the first time. Christ Almighty, do I ever want to leave the States more than ever. I've always known that our health care system is completely out of whack. I just never knew to what extent. And though I don't always know quite how to feel about Michael Moore, I have to say he nailed "Sicko" perfectly when it comes to how screwed up we are when it comes to taking care of the ill.
Dude my thoughts exactly! I just watched that a while ago and up till then I hadn't seen any Michael Moore stuff, all I had heard was how much of a crazy commie-anti-US guy he is. The guy does have some perfectly legit points though that I think the majority of Americans have a rough time accepting. It sure was interesting.

It's also important to remember he can show us the "perfect situation" ala what he wants us to see. Think every hospital in Cuba is that nice? Yeah....

"Ok now I'll go get the government to go do my laundry..." as he heads for the Capital with a pile of laundry... That was classic. :-b
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby stomperrob » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:41 pm

Metroid wrote:Into The Wild

I liked it...I think the guy was a little off his rocker and the most sane guy on the planet all at the same time. For those who don't know it's a true story about a guy who discards all his worldly possessions short of some survival equipment to live a solitary life in the wilderness of Alaska. It's pretty cool to know that with just some basic survival equipment you could survive for months in the wild. At the same time it's frightening to know that one tiny little mistake could take your life after all those months.

Good flick. ;-D ;-D

Just bought the 2-disc version of this one - a definite ;-D ;-D

The "making of" disc was actually quite interesting - talked about how the actor who played the lead went from 156 lbs at the start of filming down to 115 lbs at the end because the role called for it! All kinds of other interesting tibits and interviews on it too.

Great film!
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Guru13 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:28 pm

I saw Horton Hears a Who...It's Jim Carrey and Steve Carell, kids movie or not I had to see, those are basically my two favorite actors. The little puffball thing in the movie was hysterical. :-b If you take the kids to see it or something, don't count it out, it's pretty funny.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:31 pm

I watched this movie today...I highly recommend it. :-b ;-) ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:57 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:I watched this movie today...I highly recommend it. :-b ;-) ;-D

You're mean :~(

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby FantasyMan13 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:11 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:I saw Horton Hears a Who...It's Jim Carrey and Steve Carell, kids movie or not I had to see, those are basically my two favorite actors. The little puffball thing in the movie was hysterical. :-b If you take the kids to see it or something, don't count it out, it's pretty funny.

LOL, I wouldnt mind seein that. almost everything Carrell touches is gold.
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:11 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:I watched this movie today...I highly recommend it. :-b ;-) ;-D

You're mean :~(

:-b ;-) :-/

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk