What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:18 pm

RiffRaff wrote:Before the Devil Knows You're Dead.

Crap, but at least there is tons of nice nudity of a 44 year old actress. ;-D ;-D ;-D

Wow, Marisa Tomei's getting nekkid these days? How far has her career sunk, or is this an artistic statement. ;-7
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kyguy78 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:12 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
RiffRaff wrote:Before the Devil Knows You're Dead.

Crap, but at least there is tons of nice nudity of a 44 year old actress. ;-D ;-D ;-D

Wow, Marisa Tomei's getting nekkid these days? How far has her career sunk, or is this an artistic statement. ;-7

Heard a while back on Howard Stern that Mr. Skin named her nude scene as the best nude scene of 2007.

"Just when you think you know the answers, I change the questions!"
kyguy78
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby cardiac cats » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:08 pm

There Will be Blood 7.5/10

- Firt off,great performances from Daniel Day Lewis and Paul Dano. Like some others have said the pace of the movie can bog down at times and I might agree this film is a bit overrated. Still though, it has its good moments and a cool soundtrack to boot. With all the oscar buzz surrounding the two, IMO No Country for Old Men is the superior movie...
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby josebach » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:11 am

I saw Gone Baby Gone last night and thought it was very solid. I didn't quite buy Casey Affleck as a tough guy, but overall I think the acting and directing were very well done. There were a couple scenes that really had me on the edge of my seat, which for me, isn't very common. Kudos to Ben Affleck. ;-D

8.5 (B)
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby wake » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:09 am

josebach wrote:I saw Gone Baby Gone last night and thought it was very solid. I didn't quite buy Casey Affleck as a tough guy, but overall I think the acting and directing were very well done.

I thought Casey did a very good job of acting in Gone Baby Gone and The Assassination of Jesse James but there's something about his voice that begins to grate on me as the movies goes on.

By the way, the mom in Gone Baby Gone definately should've won an oscar for her acting in that film
Last edited by wake on Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wake
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RiffRaff » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:45 pm

kyguy78 wrote:
Heard a while back on Howard Stern that Mr. Skin named her nude scene as the best nude scene of 2007.

They are very nice and multiple times. ;-D ;-D ;-D
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby kyguy78 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:46 pm

Watched Before the Devil Knows Your Head and was very dissapointed. It's a big mess for the most part and when none of your two main characters are interesting, that's a problem

kyguy78
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby kyguy78 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:57 pm

Watched "The Mist" this evening and was blown away. It was one of those movies that I didn't think was going to be that great, but it ended up being better than I expected. The ending hit me like a ton of bricks because I was so invested in the characters. A great study in psychology and fear; reminded me a lot of Lord of the Flies. Frank Darabont should work exclusively from Stephen King's source material because he truly understands it.

kyguy78
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Metroid » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:44 am

kyguy78 wrote:Watched "The Mist" this evening and was blown away. It was one of those movies that I didn't think was going to be that great, but it ended up being better than I expected. The ending hit me like a ton of bricks because I was so invested in the characters. A great study in psychology and fear; reminded me a lot of Lord of the Flies. Frank Darabont should work exclusively from Stephen King's source material because he truly understands it.

Really?

As someone said earlier The Mist to me looked like a really bad made for TV movie, bad character development, bad acting, awful special effects and even worse CG. The ending hit me exactly the way I thought it would, I remember leaning over and telling my girl, "he's going to shoot everyone in the car, be short a bullet, and then get rescued."

It was an interesting story but I just thought it was very poorly executed, comparing it to Lord of the Flies is sacrilege.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby eagles21 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:48 am

Metroid wrote:
kyguy78 wrote:Watched "The Mist" this evening and was blown away. It was one of those movies that I didn't think was going to be that great, but it ended up being better than I expected. The ending hit me like a ton of bricks because I was so invested in the characters. A great study in psychology and fear; reminded me a lot of Lord of the Flies. Frank Darabont should work exclusively from Stephen King's source material because he truly understands it.

Really?

As someone said earlier The Mist to me looked like a really bad made for TV movie, bad character development, bad acting, awful special effects and even worse CG. The ending hit me exactly the way I thought it would, I remember leaning over and telling my girl, "he's going to shoot everyone in the car, be short a bullet, and then get rescued."

It was an interesting story but I just thought it was very poorly executed, comparing it to Lord of the Flies is sacrilege.

I guess I don't have to watch it now (probably wouldn't anyway though, haven't heard anything great about it). :-b
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk