What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby cardiac cats » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:14 pm

Sweeney Todd 8.5/10

As far as musicals goes, this is one of the best(and the songs are actually pretty good). Tim Burton and Johnny Depp do it again ;-D ... Great story, good cast, copious amounts of blood, revenge plots, what more could you ask for? I loved the ending too...
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby treat24 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:08 pm

cardiac cats wrote:Sweeney Todd 8.5/10

As far as musicals goes, this is one of the best(and the songs are actually pretty good). Tim Burton and Johnny Depp do it again ;-D ... Great story, good cast, copious amounts of blood, revenge plots, what more could you ask for? I loved the ending too...

I'm not a fan of musicals but I love Tim Burton... and this one... liked it a lot believ it or not. The ending, nor any of the movie is shocking in the least... very very predictable movie. In fact, I think about 50% of you will have the whole movie figured out in the first 30 minutes... many times that will kill a movie for me... not this one. It maintained it's entertainment value throughout. Nice. Again, it may be the Tim Burton love in me though.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:09 pm

I saw I am Legend the other day. It wasn't to bad, but wasn't real good either. The ending was pretty bad IMO, but it did have some interesting parts.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:38 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:I saw I am Legend the other day. It wasn't to bad, but wasn't real good either. The ending was pretty bad IMO, but it did have some interesting parts.

i think I reviewed this before but ... ditto... it was overhyped by many... it was entertaining throughout. decent movie. not great. the ending sucked my... yeah. there were several things that happened that a person with an IQ over 11 would have done better or not have done, etc... I'm guessing it followed the book. I have not read it. That is my only explanation. The lead character acted out of character in several situations... whether this was meant to portray onset insanity of being alone in a strange desolate existence with the memories of his pre-apocalyptic (in a sense) life or perhaps just poor writing by the screenwriters is unknown... but it annoyed me. For a guy who was supposedly a genius and handled many things very carefully, he did some things way out of character. It was entertaining and ok... but the ending better have been in the book like that, otherwise I place full blame on the screenwriters, the director, and the studio. It was crap, came quick, and didn't track...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby wake » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:43 pm

treat24 wrote: It was entertaining and ok... but the ending better have been in the book like that, otherwise I place full blame on the screenwriters, the director, and the studio. It was crap, came quick, and didn't track...

The ending was completely different from the book. The title of the movie didn't even make sense with the ending it gave.
wake
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby treat24 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:53 pm

wake wrote:
treat24 wrote: It was entertaining and ok... but the ending better have been in the book like that, otherwise I place full blame on the screenwriters, the director, and the studio. It was crap, came quick, and didn't track...

The ending was completely different from the book. The title of the movie didn't even make sense with the ending it gave.

then the script writers and movie studio, director... etc... are friggin stupid... cuz that was just crap. the ending was rushed and dumb, overdone, and took will smith's character too far out of character... dumb :-t
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:23 am

I saw 88 Minutes today. It was amusing, too many twists in the plot though. It wasn't a great movie, but it held my attention.
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby gersh71 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:59 pm

Into the Wild. Directed by Sean Penn. 9/10. Very well acted. Great story. I give it ;-D ;-D
When nobody has your back, you gotta MOVE your back.
gersh71
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)

Postby cardiac cats » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:29 pm

Walk Hard: the Dewey Cox story 7.5/10

not too shabby...another one of the apatow comedies. It starts out kinda slow but soon picks up enough steam. Lots of wacky humor throughout and there were plenty of funny songs... oh yeah, great cameos everywhere: from elvis to the beatles ;-)
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby eagles21 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:36 pm

Alien vs Predator Requiem - 6.5/10

Not bad. Not great. I liked it better then Alien vs Predator, but the biggest problem I had was that I couldn't see what was happening half the time because of the darkness and the fast paced nature of the action scenes. Pretty cool though. ;-D
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk