What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deftdelivery » Mon May 16, 2005 7:23 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:
disgruntledjetsfan wrote:I watched Fight Club for the first time in a while the other day. A truly great movie ;-D

I will give it a 9.5/10, because I save my 10s for only the best.

man..thats a great flick. havent seen it for quite a while. let me tell you..you should watch it again....the more you watch it, the more little things you will catch that you missed the first time. pretty deep movie ;-D

Can't agree anymore! The rating system for Fight Club goes like this:

1st viewing: 8-9/10 (confused but excited)
2nd viewing: 9.5-9.9/10 (still confused but understanding more and more and getting even more excited about it)
3rd viewing: 10/10 (only slightly confused, and talking about it with friends and family)
4th viewing: 15/10 (understand almost all of the movie, know all the quotes, will now talk about the movie with complete stangers)
5th viewing: 34/10 (have scoured every website forum devoted to fight club, memorized every single quote, know all of the trivia, seen all the extra features on the DVD, not only talk to complete strangers about fight club, but will start punching them as well)
6th viewing: 185/10 (you now masturbate incessantly to fight club, you're addicted to the movie like crack, you dream of Tyler Durden while you're having sex)
7th and beyond: 2490/10 (details too explicit to post concerning your love of Fight Club)

Well there you have it - as you can see, your Fight Club experience increases with every single viewing until you become absolutley obsessed with it. Just don't hit the 6th viewing in a public theater B-)

Note: This is not what happened to Deft, but rather the entire rest of the Fight Club population
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon May 16, 2005 7:33 pm

Having seen Fight Club about a dozen times now, it's amazing my chronic masturba
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon May 16, 2005 7:34 pm

Sorry, I needed a quickie...anyways, it's amazing I even get the time to post here in the cafe.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby nebbie2004 » Mon May 16, 2005 10:14 pm

nebbie2004 wrote:I saw The Day After Tommorrow , it was pretty good, just didnt end right, left you wanting more, which Ill take points off for that. Overall pretty decent movie, suspense all the way thru til the end when then they just didnt "finish everyone off" like they had act like they would. Mankind Die Die Die!, haha j/k

7.4/10

Movie is 11 mins into it on MAX-W (311 on Dish) if you wanna watch it. ;-D
nebbie2004 Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby portisfan24 » Tue May 17, 2005 12:12 am

Watched Anchorman for the second time. Damn that movie is hilarious. "My apartment smells of rich mahogeny" "I have many leather bound books" Wow there are too many funny quotes to even post.

9/10
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby myintrotoletyouknow » Tue May 17, 2005 1:26 am

nebbie2004 wrote:
nebbie2004 wrote:I saw The Day After Tommorrow , it was pretty good, just didnt end right, left you wanting more, which Ill take points off for that. Overall pretty decent movie, suspense all the way thru til the end when then they just didnt "finish everyone off" like they had act like they would. Mankind Die Die Die!, haha j/k

7.4/10

this movie was a big disappointment to me, it was off the wall and the science and everything just seemed so off. i know its a movie and movies dont have to be realistic but plausible is always nice...
but if you got some time to waste it wouldnt be too bad, i just wouldnt pay the 7.50 to see it in a theatre

4/10
myintrotoletyouknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Goatwhacker » Tue May 17, 2005 1:16 pm

myintrotoletyouknow wrote:
nebbie2004 wrote:

7.4/10

this movie was a big disappointment to me,

Me, too. I'd give it 5/10. Some of the stuff was so off-the-wall and unbelievable I couldn't enjoy it. I know it's a movie and not reality but this movie crossed the line and was so unrealistic it detracted form the story. Speaking as a midwesterner, it was enjoyable to see LA and NYC destroyed, though. ;-D
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue May 17, 2005 1:56 pm

Ok, don't ask me why I rented it, I was just bored. Last night I rented the 1986 horror film, Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2. Seriously, it's one of the dumbest movies I have ever seen. Having seen the legendary original, I figured the sequel couldn't be all that bad. Oh my God, it was almost worthy of being named to the IMDB's bottom 100. For a film to be named a "horror" movie, it should at least have a few scary moments in it. TCM2 has zero scary moments in it. In fact, I dare say the movie attempted to be more humorous than scary. The humor doesn't work and the film ends up being a complete waste of time. Why Dennis Hopper signed on to this piece of crap is beyond my understanding, but I hope he got paid handsomely to do it because it must have been a humbling experience making it. What's worse, the original is such a great piece of filmmaking, TCM2 is literally an insult to the original. At least you know what your getting when you rent Friday the 13th sequels, their quality doesn't worsen as the series ages.

2/10 (2 because it has Dennis Hopper in it)
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby MadScott » Tue May 17, 2005 3:00 pm

portisfan24 wrote:Watched Anchorman for the second time. Damn that movie is hilarious. "My apartment smells of rich mahogeny" "I have many leather bound books" Wow there are too many funny quotes to even post.

9/10

"Scotch, scotch, scotch. I like scotch!" :-b
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby myintrotoletyouknow » Tue May 17, 2005 3:01 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Ok, don't ask me why I rented it, I was just bored. Last night I rented the 1986 horror film, Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2. Seriously, it's one of the dumbest movies I have ever seen. Having seen the legendary original, I figured the sequel couldn't be all that bad. Oh my God, it was almost worthy of being named to the IMDB's bottom 100. For a film to be named a "horror" movie, it should at least have a few scary moments in it. TCM2 has zero scary moments in it. In fact, I dare say the movie attempted to be more humorous than scary. The humor doesn't work and the film ends up being a complete waste of time. Why Dennis Hopper signed on to this piece of crap is beyond my understanding, but I hope he got paid handsomely to do it because it must have been a humbling experience making it. What's worse, the original is such a great piece of filmmaking, TCM2 is literally an insult to the original. At least you know what your getting when you rent Friday the 13th sequels, their quality doesn't worsen as the series ages.

2/10 (2 because it has Dennis Hopper in it)

as opposed to a non-crappy Dennis Hopper movie?
myintrotoletyouknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk