What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby Metroid » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:49 pm

josebach wrote:I just skipped out of work after giving blood and rented Cloverfield. I thought it was pretty cool, actually. I knew my wife wouldn't like it, so I watched it this afternoon on the big screen with the surround sound blasting. It was really quite intense. ;-D

I probably won't buy it, but it's definitely worth a watch for those people who like Sci-Fi. I'd give it a solid B.

Thats funny I did exactly the same thing. :-b

I thought it was OK...I understand why they filmed the entire movie from a hand held being that was the feel/look they were going for, but I didn't care for it too much. I think doing it like that was actually what turned most people off to it, the constant shaking jittery camera work was just annoying.

Like you I enjoyed it, not a bad way to waste a couple hours, but I wont be buying it or even watching it again.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby josebach » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:08 pm

Metroid wrote:
josebach wrote:I just skipped out of work after giving blood and rented Cloverfield. I thought it was pretty cool, actually. I knew my wife wouldn't like it, so I watched it this afternoon on the big screen with the surround sound blasting. It was really quite intense. ;-D

I probably won't buy it, but it's definitely worth a watch for those people who like Sci-Fi. I'd give it a solid B.

I thought it was OK...I understand why they filmed the entire movie from a hand held being that was the feel/look they were going for, but I didn't care for it too much. I think doing it like that was actually what turned most people off to it, the constant shaking jittery camera work was just annoying.

Like you I enjoyed it, not a bad way to waste a couple hours, but I wont be buying it or even watching it again.

I had the volume very loud which really added to it. If I didn't watch it on the big screen with blaring sound, I'm sure I wouldn't have liked it as much.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:15 pm

josebach wrote:
Metroid wrote:

I had the volume very loud which really added to it. If I didn't watch it on the big screen with blaring sound, I'm sure I wouldn't have liked it as much.

I know why you enjoyed it. Obviously you had a rookie phlebotomy technician, and they took too much blood. So, when you went home you were delirious. It all makes sense now.
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby beanoX3 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:09 pm

Cloverfield sucked because it felt like an incomplete movie to me. It felt like a long DVD extra. I wanted the POV of the military, not the POV of some lovesick corporate yuppie. At the minimum, I wanted to know what the hell the title Cloverfield had to do with the movie at all. Eh, at least the movie was decent overall, besides the whole shaky cam gimmick, so I can't say it was a waste of my time.
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:11 pm

Operation Cloverfield was the name the military gave to the operation that involved the monster, so it can be secret.

You must not have been paying attention. :-B
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby beanoX3 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:16 pm

Canucks_Fantasy wrote:Operation Cloverfield was the name the military gave to the operation that involved the monster, so it can be secret.

You must not have been paying attention. :-B

Honestly, the movie felt like a reality TV show at times, and I don't like most of them. I probably did miss it, along with a lot of other things, lol.
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby steelerfan513 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:11 pm

Saw the new Harold and Kumar. If you're worried about this being another disappointing sequel, don't be. This one is much more over-the-top and outrageous in every way possible, but it's still just as funny, if not moreso. It also has a bit more substantive of a plot. If you loved the last one, you'll more than likely love this one too.

8.5/10
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby josebach » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:46 am

Canucks_Fantasy wrote:I know why you enjoyed it. Obviously you had a rookie phlebotomy technician, and they took too much blood. So, when you went home you were delirious. It all makes sense now.

I just read this... :-b
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:58 am

Finally saw There Will Be Blood

great acting, great score, got a liitle slow at times but overall i really enjoyed it. some powerful performances by Daniel Day Lewis and Paul Dano

DRAINNNNNNNNNNAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9/10
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guru13 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:22 am

So my friend talked me into going to see Forgetting Sarah Marshall...eh, it had some funny parts, I wouldn't watch it again. The british cracked me up a few times, but that's about where it ended for me. 6/10
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk