What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby treat24 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:48 pm

after the draft all the girls dragged us to "baby mama" now it could have been the alcohol, but that movie was way funnier than I thought it would be. O:-)
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby logan » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:37 am

treat24 wrote:after the draft all the girls dragged us to "baby mama" now it could have been the alcohol, but that movie was way funnier than I thought it would be. O:-)

i went to see it after the draft as well with my girl and it turned out to be better then i thought it would be but that was mainly do to romany malco. that guy is funny in just about everything he is in.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby treat24 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:02 am

logan wrote:
treat24 wrote:after the draft all the girls dragged us to "baby mama" now it could have been the alcohol, but that movie was way funnier than I thought it would be. O:-)

i went to see it after the draft as well with my girl and it turned out to be better then i thought it would be but that was mainly do to romany malco. that guy is funny in just about everything he is in.

yeah, pretty enjoyable flick... i love him in weeds :)
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The_Captain » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:36 am

The wife and saw good luck Chuck last night.

Some funny scenes and lots of boob shots but outside of that this really was a blah movie.

3 /10

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:33 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:Saw the new Harold and Kumar. If you're worried about this being another disappointing sequel, don't be. This one is much more over-the-top and outrageous in every way possible, but it's still just as funny, if not moreso. It also has a bit more substantive of a plot. If you loved the last one, you'll more than likely love this one too.

8.5/10

This post is the exact opposite for me. I loved the original when I saw it as did my wife. This one was blah. We walked out shrugging our shoulders and going "eh" ... It wasn't horrible, there were some moments. I think the term "disappointing sequel" as you put it, is just about right. Maybe I'm getting older. It's much much worse than the original. I own the first, won't touch this. I'd say the drop off is better than van wilder to van wilder 2: the rise of taj ... but not by a ton. I wish I had waited to rent it.

After that she said let's go pick up something good... we rented true romance cuz we don't own it (believe it or not) and we haven't seen it in months...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:10 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:Finally saw There Will Be Blood

great acting, great score, got a liitle slow at times but overall i really enjoyed it. some powerful performances by Daniel Day Lewis and Paul Dano

DRAINNNNNNNNNNAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9/10

Same Here.

Saw it last week while sipping on a milk shake. I liked it and would also give it a 9 of 10. The acting was great and it kept my attention even though a bit slow at times.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby josebach » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:03 am

I saw The Assasination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford last night. One word. Boring. There was only one gun fight in the entire movie and Brad Pitt wasn't even in it. There were two people shot in the back (including Jesse James), but I wouldn't call that a gunfight. Basically, it was a 2 1/2 hour drama about Jesse James' life AFTER he stopped robbing trains and banks. If I'd have known that, I probably wouldn't have watched it. Was it technically a good movie? Yes, but it's a period drama with no action... not a western in the traditional sense. If you know that going into it, you might enjoy it more than I did.

C-
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby treat24 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:17 am

josebach wrote:If you know that going into it, you might enjoy it more than I did.

I did, thought it was ok, well acted but very boring... I actually fell asleep and had to finish it the next day...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mad hatter » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:49 am

treat24 wrote:
josebach wrote:If you know that going into it, you might enjoy it more than I did.

I did, thought it was ok, well acted but very boring... I actually fell asleep and had to finish it the next day...

!+)

i thought it was awesome. casey affleck showed his chops. i thought his performance was OUTSTANDING. i preferred him for the best support actor oscar in this role.
We must not confuse dissent from disloyalty. We will not walk in fear, one of another, we will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.

my words but a whisper -- your deafness a shout
i may make you feel -- but i can't make you think
mad hatter
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Location: Constantly overstimulated, yet simulatneously underwhelmed.

Postby treat24 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:52 am

mad hatter wrote:
treat24 wrote:

!+)

i thought it was awesome. casey affleck showed his chops. i thought his performance was OUTSTANDING. i preferred him for the best support actor oscar in this role.

Casey rules in it... I said well acted and I meant it. I just thought it was long. My wife, on the other hand, absolutely loved it.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk