What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Sun May 04, 2008 1:20 pm

aaawall91 wrote:I saw Harold and Kumar last weekend, and I must disagree. It starts off bad, but it gets a whole heck of a lot better about half way.

I thought the NPH part was funny, but besides that ditto.
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby cardiac cats » Sun May 04, 2008 7:41 pm

Iron Man 9/10

very enjoyable and one of the best superhero movies IMO. Great special effects and a great cast; Robert Downey Jr. delivers a fine performance I must say. Lots of humor sprinkled throughout to liven up the theater audience. I would've liked a wee bit more action but what's here is very cool ;-D
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby mikus » Mon May 05, 2008 8:13 am

cardiac cats wrote:Iron Man 9/10

very enjoyable and one of the best superhero movies IMO. Great special effects and a great cast; Robert Downey Jr. delivers a fine performance I must say. Lots of humor sprinkled throughout to liven up the theater audience. I would've liked a wee bit more action but what's here is very cool ;-D

Totally agree. 9/10. Go see it! Downey is great, and I thought Gwyneth Paltrow was excellent and hot.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby cardiac cats » Thu May 08, 2008 3:20 pm

Forgetting Sarah Marshall 8/10

starts out kinda slow but picks up steam once we get to Hawaii... there are plenty of crazy characters on the island who show up throughout the movie for laughs(Paul Rudd, Jonah Hill,etc.) and there are lots of hilariously awkward scenes to boot. I'd say another good comedy from Apatow and company... oh yeah, Mila Kunis is smokin' hot in this movie ;-D
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby knapplc » Thu May 08, 2008 3:54 pm

mikus wrote:

Totally agree. 9/10. Go see it! Downey is great, and I thought Gwyneth Paltrow was excellent and hot.

You know that girl I'm always talking about, the ex-coworker who moved to California? Her beau is the one who did the special effects for the "veins" scenes where veins appear on people's faces in Iron Man.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Thu May 08, 2008 3:58 pm

knapplc wrote:
mikus wrote:

You know that girl I'm always talking about, the ex-coworker who moved to California? Her beau is the one who did the special effects for the "veins" scenes where veins appear on people's faces in Iron Man.

Wow thats pretty cool. B-) ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby The_Captain » Sat May 10, 2008 11:55 pm

The wife and I watched Vacancy with Luke Wilson and Kate Beckensale tonight..

Very intense thriller and a eh kinda ending....

7/10

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sun May 11, 2008 1:37 am

I'm a Netflixaholic, so being an 80's nut, a friend of mine recommended I see "Buckaroo Banzai" with Peter Weller as a time-traveling, cross dimensional superhero.

Let's just say I'm no longer friends with that guy. :^

All joking aside, that had to be one of the strangest films I've ever come across. Maybe if I watched it a few times, it would actually start to make some sense to me. Personally, I'd rather watch Ice Pirates if I'm interested in mindless 80's sci-fi fluff.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Sun May 11, 2008 7:30 am

I saw Iron Man, yesterday. For a super hero movie, it was pretty good, but I'm just not a big fan of superhero movies. It certainly wasn't as good as everyone has said, IMO. Considering he doesn't have any super powers, I was hoping they would make it more realistic, but it was actually more far-fetched than some of the movies with heroes in them with super powers.

B-
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby kyguy78 » Mon May 12, 2008 11:47 am

Forgetting Sarah Marshall - Funny, but too long (like most of the Apatow comedies) and the Dracula musical was hilarious.

Ironman - Way better than I expected. Sets a high bar for the rest of the summer movies to live up to

Alien vs Predator: Requiem - How this script ever got approved, I don't know. One of the worst movies I've seen recently and the acting was horrible. For a movie called Alien vs Predator, they need a WHOLE lot more of the A and the P.

Resurrecting the Champ - Didn't care much for it. Thought Josh Hartnett was woefully miscast, but Samuel L. Jackson gives one of his strongest performances in a while.

"Just when you think you know the answers, I change the questions!"
kyguy78
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk