What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby josebach » Mon May 12, 2008 2:34 pm

knapplc wrote:
mikus wrote:
cardiac cats wrote:Iron Man 9/10

very enjoyable and one of the best superhero movies IMO. Great special effects and a great cast; Robert Downey Jr. delivers a fine performance I must say. Lots of humor sprinkled throughout to liven up the theater audience. I would've liked a wee bit more action but what's here is very cool ;-D

Totally agree. 9/10. Go see it! Downey is great, and I thought Gwyneth Paltrow was excellent and hot.

You know that girl I'm always talking about, the ex-coworker who moved to California? Her beau is the one who did the special effects for the "veins" scenes where veins appear on people's faces in Iron Man.

That's a crazy coincidence. I have a couple ex-coworkers who were great at creating blue veins. ;-) :-b
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FantasyMan13 » Mon May 12, 2008 2:36 pm

Watched some of Ken Burns' The War today in history class. Pretty cool, esp. if you're into history. I wanna see his Baseball, too. ;-D
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby wake » Mon May 12, 2008 4:50 pm

FantasyMan13 wrote:Watched some of Ken Burns' The War today in history class. Pretty cool, esp. if you're into history. I wanna see his Baseball, too. ;-D

I took a sports history class last semester and for one of the classes we watched some of his Baseball documentary. It was a very good, informative docmentary but it also put me to sleep pretty quickly. I think it was because of all the bad voice actors who were constantly reading old baseball quotes.
wake
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kyguy78 » Mon May 12, 2008 8:59 pm

Charlie Wilson's War - A terrific movie and just further proof that Tom Hanks and Phillip Seymour Hoffman are two of the best in the business.

First Sunday - It was okay, not nearly as funny as I thought it would be. They hype up Katt Williams for this movie and he's only in the thing like 20 or 30 minutes.

"Just when you think you know the answers, I change the questions!"
kyguy78
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby beanoX3 » Thu May 22, 2008 10:41 am

Rambo IV

Stallone shouldn't have made this. I don't remember all that much from the previous three Rambos, but I can say now that IV ruined the legacy a bit I had in my mind. Stallone old body worked with for a Rocky comeback, but not for Rambo. I was kinda embarrassed for him when I noticed the movie was speeding up a lot of parts where Rambo was running around, trying to create an impression that Stallone was actually moving quickly and jumping over stuff. Surprising level of gore and violence though. Either the overall tameness of Hollywood has gotten to me or Rambo IV pushed it pretty far, I can't decide which. Overall, the movie is pretty forgettable.

5/10
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby cardiac cats » Sat May 31, 2008 7:41 pm

The Strangers 8/10

flat out scary :-o

the masks were Freeeaky and there were lots of jumps from ppl in the audience. There were several tense scenes that just creeped me out big time- just the thought of something like a home invasion without rhyme or reason is frightening to me... I was thoroughly freaked out by this movie ;-D
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Sat May 31, 2008 7:46 pm

I was thinking about seeing that, worth a view? Just how scary is it too. Is it a suspense scary or a flat out "scared the hell out of me" scary.
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Metroid » Sat May 31, 2008 9:59 pm

Just watched Southland Tales by the same writer/director that did Donnie Darko. It was pretty out there but I absolutely loved it. The cast was very diverse, quirky and interesting. It stared Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Seann William Scott and Sarah Michelle Geller and had a bunch of other people in it like John Larroquette, Justin Timberlake, Mandy Moore, Jon Lovittz, Amy Poehler, Cheri Oteri, Will Sasso, and Kevin Smith. The soundtrack was awesome too. I can't do the film justice trying to describe it, if you wanna read a synopsis click here. I think if you liked Donnie Darko you'll probably like Southland Tales. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Sat May 31, 2008 10:11 pm

Huh. You're the first person I've heard from that's had anything positive to say about that movie. All I've heard is complaints about it.
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby RiffRaff » Sat May 31, 2008 10:13 pm

Metroid wrote:Just watched Southland Tales by the same writer/director that did Donnie Darko. It was pretty out there but I absolutely loved it. The cast was very diverse, quirky and interesting. It stared Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Seann William Scott and Sarah Michelle Geller and had a bunch of other people in it like John Larroquette, Justin Timberlake, Mandy Moore, Jon Lovittz, Amy Poehler, Cheri Oteri, Will Sasso, and Kevin Smith. The soundtrack was awesome too. I can't do the film justice trying to describe it, if you wanna read a synopsis click here. I think if you liked Donnie Darko you'll probably like Southland Tales. ;-D

Complete disagreement. Not even close to Darko's quality.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/southland_tales/

However, I did see a few reviewers that had Met's opinion.
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk