What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby Metroid » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:35 pm

Interesting cast....does Shannon Elizabeth show her boobs? :-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby treat24 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:42 pm

Metroid wrote:Interesting cast....does Shannon Elizabeth show her boobs? :-D

I haven't even seen her in this yet. :-° but i hope so
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Metroid » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:54 pm

treat24 wrote:
Metroid wrote:Interesting cast....does Shannon Elizabeth show her boobs? :-D

I haven't even seen her in this yet. :-° but i hope so

Yeah she's got nice boobies. :-B
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby SniperShot » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:14 pm

I'm going to see "The Happening" this weekend. I'm generally a fan of M Knight Shyamalan films although I thought Lady in the Water was pretty sucky (his last film) this one looks much better and more his style.

I'd rather see it this weekend than fight the bigger crowds for the Hulk movie. Didn't they just do a Hulk movie like 3 or 4 years ago?
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Jimboozie » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:23 pm

SniperShot wrote:Didn't they just do a Hulk movie like 3 or 4 years ago?

Calling it a "movie" is giving them way too much credit. "Steaming pile of s###" is the correct phrase.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:39 pm

Jimboozie wrote:
SniperShot wrote:Didn't they just do a Hulk movie like 3 or 4 years ago?

Calling it a "movie" is giving them way too much credit. "Steaming pile of s###" is the correct phrase.

Exactly. It was about 2.5 hrs and about 2 hrs 29 mins too long.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby logan » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:41 pm

treat24 wrote:I watch 1-2 movies everyday but rarely post in here.

Jumper - Actually exactly what I expected. Ho-Hum movie with cool stuff going on. Ended way abruptly. If there is no sequel to this movie, I will consider it a supreme disappointment. There is so much unanswered, so much development of characters and backstories that had not hit a climax. Honestly, it felt like the 1st part of a trilogy. I enjoyed myself. That being said. I drank a half liter of 100 proof SoCo during it. (my buddy drank the other half) ... So it may have enhanced, or detracted from the movie a bit... but I enjoyed it. :-)

There's actually talk of a sequel to the underwhelming teleporting-mutants-vs-fundies movie Jumper, according to star Hayden Christensen. The studio is "having those conversations, I hear about them," Christensen explains. But would he reprise his role as David Rice? Most likely, he says: "It was set up to become that — a trilogy — if it did well. And I think they're happy with how it did so they want to make another one. But I don't think they're rushing to get into production."

i went and saw kung fu panda over the weekend and i really enjoyed it.it was a beautiful movie as far as the animation went and it wasn't that bad of a story either.wish i could have seen it at the imax but outside of that it was worth the trip.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby RiffRaff » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:47 pm

treat24 wrote:
I didn't see a ring.

Rings don't block holes. :-D

I was told this once, unfortunately it was my mom. 8-o
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby treat24 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:08 am

logan wrote:
treat24 wrote:I watch 1-2 movies everyday but rarely post in here.

Jumper - Actually exactly what I expected. Ho-Hum movie with cool stuff going on. Ended way abruptly. If there is no sequel to this movie, I will consider it a supreme disappointment. There is so much unanswered, so much development of characters and backstories that had not hit a climax. Honestly, it felt like the 1st part of a trilogy. I enjoyed myself. That being said. I drank a half liter of 100 proof SoCo during it. (my buddy drank the other half) ... So it may have enhanced, or detracted from the movie a bit... but I enjoyed it. :-)

There's actually talk of a sequel to the underwhelming teleporting-mutants-vs-fundies movie Jumper, according to star Hayden Christensen. The studio is "having those conversations, I hear about them," Christensen explains. But would he reprise his role as David Rice? Most likely, he says: "It was set up to become that — a trilogy — if it did well. And I think they're happy with how it did so they want to make another one. But I don't think they're rushing to get into production."

i went and saw kung fu panda over the weekend and i really enjoyed it.it was a beautiful movie as far as the animation went and it wasn't that bad of a story either.wish i could have seen it at the imax but outside of that it was worth the trip.

that ceertainly explains the trilogy type feel to the movie/ending... i hate lack of closure... oh well.

i'll see kung fu panda with my niece this weekend. I love kids movies, so it should be good
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:38 am

Lars and the Real Girl Meh...Ryan Gosling is a withdrawn 27ish guy who lives in his brothers garage, apparently from the shame of finishing 2nd in a David Arquette lookalike contest, gets one of those lifelike Sexytime Dolls and pretends it's his real girlfriend, as does the rest of the town to help him cope with his crazy

i was expecting it to be better, but once you get past the initail shock/humor of him parading around his Sexytime Doll it was a bit boring for me. some good acting and interesting premise, but boring is boring

6/10
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk