What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby treat24 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:47 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:Lars and the Real Girl Meh...Ryan Gosling is a withdrawn 27ish guy who lives in his brothers garage, apparently from the shame of finishing 2nd in a David Arquette lookalike contest, gets one of those lifelike Sexytime Dolls and pretends it's his real girlfriend, as does the rest of the town to help him cope with his crazy

i was expecting it to be better, but once you get past the initail shock/humor of him parading around his Sexytime Doll it was a bit boring for me. some good acting and interesting premise, but boring is boring

6/10

I actually thought it was quite funny, still meh... but i saw it with a group of girls and guys, we were all drunk. Why am I always drinking? but yeah 6/10 - 7/10 ish for me
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby SniperShot » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:35 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
Jimboozie wrote:
SniperShot wrote:Didn't they just do a Hulk movie like 3 or 4 years ago?

Calling it a "movie" is giving them way too much credit. "Steaming pile of s###" is the correct phrase.

Exactly. It was about 2.5 hrs and about 2 hrs 29 mins too long.
Haha no wonder I never saw it... :-b
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby beanoX3 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:26 am

In Bruges

Good movie IMO. Dark humor. American tourist bashing. Midget and prostitutes. Violence. All around good fun. ;-D

8/10
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Jimboozie » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:00 pm

21 - The movie based on the book Bringing Down the House, about a group of MIT students who bring in boatloads of money from counting cards at blackjack.
It's not very realistic, but is entertaining. I had a lot of issues with the plot, which brought down the enjoyment level of the film. The acting is pretty bland except for Kevin Spacey's and Laurence Fisburne's supporting roles. Overall, I give it a C+ for keeping me engaged throughout, no matter how silly certain elements of the story seemed.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:33 pm

Otis - nice little funny horror flick, worth a rent

the grand - poor script, weak plot, amazing cast made it an ok watch. skip it though

the tripper - david arquette directs a decent cast in a horror. not good, not great. I'd also skip unless you are a horror buff like me

white noise 2 - actually pretty decent. some things in it remind you it's lower budget and lesser talent working behind the scenes... but not too shabby... worth a view

i see way too many movies... this is what i've resorted to. :-°
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Metroid » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:59 pm

Watched 27 Dresses with my old lady last night. Cute chick flick about a girl who truly is always a bridesmaid and never a bride. I love Kathrine Hegel and there are a few other pretty funny characters, a little awkward at times and it reaches the "happy ending" is kinda weird but overall it was fun. Watch it with your significant other. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:37 am

Jimboozie wrote:21 - The movie based on the book Bringing Down the House, about a group of MIT students who bring in boatloads of money from counting cards at blackjack.
It's not very realistic, but is entertaining. I had a lot of issues with the plot, which brought down the enjoyment level of the film. The acting is pretty bland except for Kevin Spacey's and Laurence Fisburne's supporting roles. Overall, I give it a C+ for keeping me engaged throughout, no matter how silly certain elements of the story seemed.

The movie was good, but I was extremely disappointed by it. That was maybe my favorite book and the movie honestly had basically nothing to do with the book other than that it was loosely based on the book's premise.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Jimboozie » Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:10 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
Jimboozie wrote:21 - The movie based on the book Bringing Down the House, about a group of MIT students who bring in boatloads of money from counting cards at blackjack.

The movie was good, but I was extremely disappointed by it. That was maybe my favorite book and the movie honestly had basically nothing to do with the book other than that it was loosely based on the book's premise.

Yeah, even though I haven't read the book yet, I could tell that there is no way that they stayed true to the original story. !+)
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:09 pm

So I saw "The Happening" and I'll just say it's a very odd and different film. Pretty typical of M Night Shyamalan these days. The guy is really smart yet a tad insane. He does his own thing which is really cool. Definitely goes against traditional Hollywood elements and the cookie cutter style of film making we've gotten used to these days. Worth a watch in my opinion if your a fan of his films and that crazed style and like to see something different. Don't go expecting to see amazing acting or awesome special effects. Go to see an interesting story told by one of the few film makers of these times who's worked very hard to stay independent and do his own thing.

I'm in the minority of those who've enjoyed the film but I'm with Roger Ebert who gave it 3/4 stars. ;-D

8/10 here.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Nfl Fan » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:28 am

I saw Rudy on TV last night.
And yeah... I cried at the end. Again. :-B
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk