What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deftdelivery » Tue May 17, 2005 5:52 pm

myintrotoletyouknow wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Ok, don't ask me why I rented it, I was just bored. Last night I rented the 1986 horror film, Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2. Seriously, it's one of the dumbest movies I have ever seen. Having seen the legendary original, I figured the sequel couldn't be all that bad. Oh my God, it was almost worthy of being named to the IMDB's bottom 100. For a film to be named a "horror" movie, it should at least have a few scary moments in it. TCM2 has zero scary moments in it. In fact, I dare say the movie attempted to be more humorous than scary. The humor doesn't work and the film ends up being a complete waste of time. Why Dennis Hopper signed on to this piece of crap is beyond my understanding, but I hope he got paid handsomely to do it because it must have been a humbling experience making it. What's worse, the original is such a great piece of filmmaking, TCM2 is literally an insult to the original. At least you know what your getting when you rent Friday the 13th sequels, their quality doesn't worsen as the series ages.

2/10 (2 because it has Dennis Hopper in it)

as opposed to a non-crappy Dennis Hopper movie?

WHOA blasphemy! Someone hasn't heard of True Romance }:-)
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Goatwhacker » Tue May 17, 2005 7:07 pm

deftdelivery wrote:
myintrotoletyouknow wrote:
as opposed to a non-crappy Dennis Hopper movie?

WHOA blasphemy! Someone hasn't heard of True Romance }:-)

Or Hoosiers.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue May 17, 2005 7:39 pm

myintrotoletyouknow wrote:as opposed to a non-crappy Dennis Hopper movie?

Or Easy Rider?
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue May 17, 2005 7:47 pm

or super mario bros :-b
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby myintrotoletyouknow » Tue May 17, 2005 8:58 pm

deftdelivery wrote:WHOA blasphemy! Someone hasn't heard of True Romance }:-)

youre right i havent but seeing that its a tarantino flick i will definitely be checking it out. but considering IMDB has close to 400 listings for him, 2 good films doesnt make him a good actor in my book. i mean cmon, was i the only one who saw waterworld?
myintrotoletyouknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue May 17, 2005 9:10 pm

LMAO...i must have a really bad taste in movies. i used to like waterworld back in the day :-/ !+)

gotta love costner and his precious little lime tree :-) not to mention they were fighting over dirt :-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kanezfan11 » Tue May 17, 2005 9:22 pm

Don't know if's been posted, but has anyone seen House of Wax? Was considering it, looks pretty good but can't trust any movie that has Paris Hilton in it without a review first. :*)
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue May 17, 2005 10:28 pm

kanezfan11 wrote:Don't know if's been posted, but has anyone seen House of Wax? Was considering it, looks pretty good but can't trust any movie that has Paris Hilton in it without a review first. :*)

ive only seen one movie with paris hilton in it...and it wasnt that one ;-)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed May 18, 2005 12:14 am

deluxe_247 wrote:LMAO...i must have a really bad taste in movies. i used to like waterworld back in the day :-/ !+)

gotta love costner and his precious little lime tree :-) not to mention they were fighting over dirt :-D

I didn't realize this until recently, but the girl in Napoleon Dynamite is the same girl from Waterworld.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby myintrotoletyouknow » Wed May 18, 2005 12:49 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:LMAO...i must have a really bad taste in movies. i used to like waterworld back in the day :-/ !+)

I didn't realize this until recently, but the girl in Napoleon Dynamite is the same girl from Waterworld.

i thought she looked familiar
myintrotoletyouknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk