What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby cardiac cats » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:58 pm

Equlibrium 7.5/10

Sci-fi action film set in a future where human emotion is outlawed. It's sort of like a mix of the Matrix and V for Vendetta. There are quite a few stylized action sequences ala matrix and a corrupt government tries to control its people ala Vendetta. Our hero is Christian Bale, who begins to realize things aren't what they seem after he misses a dose of his daily "emotion blocking" pills.

This is quite a guilty pleasure, I enjoyed this movie.
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby treat24 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:12 pm

I've always liked that movie, own it... break it out 1-2 times a year
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby cardiac cats » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:11 am

Stepbrothers 9/10

freakin' hilarious :-)

Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly make a great comedic duo. Lots of quotable lines and outrageous situations... and the mid-credits scene is a classic. Also, we got two uncut trailers for Pineapple Express and Tropic Thunder- they both look awesome, I can't wait to see em'.
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:42 am

Magnolia - Terrific acting from so many players in this epic. I'm not the biggest Tom Cruise fan in the world, but he was really impressive as a male chauvenist motivational speaker. There were some scenes where his character was so emotional, I felt like I was in the room with him. William H. Macy is always a pleasure. Phillip Seymour Hoffman, who's quickly becoming one of my favorite actors, is tremendous. The guy just nails every role he takes on and this film is no exception. The film itself is so emotional gripping from the start, it's something you really do have to see for yourself. 9/10
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:00 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Magnolia - Terrific acting from so many players in this epic. I'm not the biggest Tom Cruise fan in the world, but he was really impressive as a male chauvenist motivational speaker. There were some scenes where his character was so emotional, I felt like I was in the room with him. William H. Macy is always a pleasure. Phillip Seymour Hoffman, who's quickly becoming one of my favorite actors, is tremendous. The guy just nails every role he takes on and this film is no exception. The film itself is so emotional gripping from the start, it's something you really do have to see for yourself. 9/10

Magnolia is freaking awesome...Julianne Moore really cracks me up when she's making her confessions (which i cant repeat here)

i just saw The Ruins...college kids, mexico, Mayan ruins, killer plant, gratuitus T&A, random HJ scene, adapted from a book
5/10
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:10 am

I had my own little private Quentin Tarantino film festival at my house this weekend, watched in order...

Reservoir Dogs
Pulp Fiction
Jackie Brown
Kill Bill: Vol I
Kill Bill: Vol II
Death Proof

Of course I had to finish it off with Planet Terror. ;-D

Weekend movie watching score: 10/10 B-)
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby logan » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:39 am

cardiac cats wrote:Stepbrothers 9/10

freakin' hilarious :-)

Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly make a great comedic duo. Lots of quotable lines and outrageous situations... and the mid-credits scene is a classic. Also, we got two uncut trailers for Pineapple Express and Tropic Thunder- they both look awesome, I can't wait to see em'.

damn i new i should have stayed for the credits. the people in the theater were annoying me so much i just had to get out of there immediately. ah well i'll just catch it when it comes out.it was the typical ferrell/reily fare but i did think it was better than ricky bobby and yeah i can't wait for Pineapple Express and Tropic Thunder but TT comes out the same day as the new Star Wars Clone Wars movie so it will take the back seat to that for a couple days.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:00 pm

Metroid wrote:I had my own little private Quentin Tarantino film festival at my house this weekend, watched in order...

Reservoir Dogs
Pulp Fiction
Jackie Brown
Death Proof

nice...you should have thrown in some True Romance too

FYI...i read he finally finished a script for his WWII movie Inglorious Bastards...hopefully we will see it in a few years
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Metroid » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:22 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Metroid wrote:I had my own little private Quentin Tarantino film festival at my house this weekend, watched in order...

Reservoir Dogs
Pulp Fiction
Jackie Brown
Death Proof

nice...you should have thrown in some True Romance too

FYI...i read he finally finished a script for his WWII movie Inglorious Bastards...hopefully we will see it in a few years

True Romance is one of my all time favorite films, I had just watched it a few days before which is probably why I wanted to watch those others. ;-D

I read that both Brad Pitt and Leo DiCaprio are rumored to be cast for Inglorious Bastards. :-?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:28 pm

Fight Club: 8.5/10

I saw it for the first time last night. It started out a little slow but really picked up about 30 minutes in. From that point on there was never another dull moment. The majority of the movie is exciting and suspenseful and leads up nicely to a couple of huge plot twists at the end.

I'll probably have to watch it again to make sure I fully understood it. Things are revealed so fast at the end it can be tough to keep pace.
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk