What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby cardiac cats » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:06 pm

Pineapple Express 8/10

Lots of crazy characters and outrageous situations with over the top action scenes sprinkled throughout. There's a certain charm to all the wackiness I guess you could say. Not Apatow and crew's greatest, but PE is still a good addition to their lineup ;-D
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BlueBandit24 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:12 pm

cardiac cats wrote:Pineapple Express 8/10

Lots of crazy characters and outrageous situations with over the top action scenes sprinkled throughout. There's a certain charm to all the wackiness I guess you could say. Not Apatow and crew's greatest, but PE is still a good addition to their lineup ;-D

This pretty much sums up what I was gonna say. If you enjoy the Apatow films, you will most certainly enjoy this one, although I don't think it is one of his better movies. Still has plenty of laughs and plenty of Mary Jane.

7.5/10
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby logan » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:34 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
cardiac cats wrote:The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor 3/10

flat out sucked. The movie's way too outrageous and corny even for the mummy series. I swear I almost fell alseep in the theater and that NEVER happens. Also Maria Bello was seriously miscast as Vivian(I believe); her take on an english accent was terrible. I can clearly see why Rachel Weisz didn't wanna be part of this crapfest. At least I had a free movie ticket and wasn't robbed of 8 bucks...

It seems almost everyone I run into says it's a complete waste of time. It's really a shame, too. The first two Mummy films are rather enjoyable and I'm always pleased to see Brendan Fraser take on campy roles. Looks like this film could very well kill the series. According the IMDB, the new Mummy film cost $145 million and only made $45 in it's opening weekend. I can't imagine it's going to make that back considering it's going to progressively make less each week it's out.

i'll jump on the pile as well and say it wasn't good. i honestly couldn't get past the fact that their kid is supposed to be like 10 years older (at least) than the last one and yet no one else aged a day. not to mention as cardiac said bello sucked hard as eve (although it may not have been her fault totally since weisz was perfect for the role).not to mention the fact that all of the sudden eve turned into a super ninja and both her and rick were supposed to be super spies in WW2.

it was just a mess.michele yeoh was utterly wasted as well.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby LT Blue Colt » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:41 pm

Finally watched "Jumper" tonight. Pretty good. I liked it. Not one much for details, but overall I liked it. I guess it was a little twisted though, because at the end I was like "Then one of you should kill the other." But, honestly who does that."Austin Powers, a thrown cupcake" . . . anyone catch that. Now there's a funny movie. . . . . Annnyway, it was good, I couldn't kill my mother, and she couldn't kill me. But, I sure wish I could rob banks, have a hot chick who wanted to get her freak on with me after I disappered for years, and travel anywhere I wanted. :-b
Metroid wrote: I eat Old Spice. :-B

I'm a Lions fan. I'm chuck full of freakin' hope.
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby RiffRaff » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:48 pm

Tropic Thunder. ;-D

Very weird, but in a good way. The first commercial in the movie starts it off(you may even think it is a preview that is not in the movie.) :-? I will not give anything away since this movie is so much different from your regular comedy. ;-D

7.5/10

Good show. ;-D
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby moonhead » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:28 am

RiffRaff wrote:Tropic Thunder. ;-D

Very weird, but in a good way. The first commercial in the movie starts it off(you may even think it is a preview that is not in the movie.) :-? I will not give anything away since this movie is so much different from your regular comedy. ;-D

7.5/10

Good show. ;-D

i saw this last night. very funny. even subtle humor. i didn't expect an intelligent comedy going into it. but i was surprised. sure there is a lot of heavy handed comedy as well, but there are little things that made me chuckle. i'd recommend it to anyone that likes to laugh.

it is a totally different movie. i'd give it an 8. thoroughly enjoyed it.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:05 am

RiffRaff wrote:Tropic Thunder. ;-D

7.5/10

Good show. ;-D

I was quite entertained by this film. The ads at the beginning of the movie are outrageously funny and I even liked Tom Cruise in this one, which is a huge shock. Very over the top in most parts, but it's a Ben Stiller vehicle so go figure. I'd also give it a 7.5/10.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:10 am

Golden Compass = 7/10
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby steelerfan513 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:55 am

Saw Tropic Thunder earlier this week. Basically like what everyone else said, it was a great, hilarious movie. Downey Jr. is turning into an excellent actor, and like DDD said Cruise was great too (although I didn't realize it was him until the closing credits :-B ).

8.3/10
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby bobbing_headz » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:34 pm

Magnolia 9/10

Awesome film. Been meaning to watch it for a while but I hadn't gotten around to it. PTA is just a great director. Plus I seem to enjoy movies with large ensemble casts. ;-D
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk