What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:13 am

bobbing_headz wrote:
Finatical wrote:
cardiac cats wrote:Tropic Thunder 9/10

I thought it was great. It had over the top sight gags, hilarious cameos, and oh so many quotable lines... Robert Downey Jr. steals the show for sure, but everyone has their moments. It's probably the funniest movie I've seen this year(close between stepBros.)

"I'M A LEAD FARMER MOTHER******" :-)

Huh?

meh, 6.5/10. it was ok at best. had a few chuckles, no belly laughs. Full of holes in the plot, full of nonsense that make it hard to accept.

6.5!? That's a travesty. This was a very very funny movie and Downey Jr. may have given the funniest performance I've seen in a long time. Best comedy of the year except for maybe Pineapple Express.

I went to see it last night, it had some really funny moments but some dull ones as well. I still really enjoyed it. I was cracking up at Jack Black's lines when he was tied to the tree. Can't really quote him here. :-b
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby kyguy78 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:10 pm

The new Prom Night with Brittany Snow. Awful; easily one of the worst movies I've watched in a while.

Harold & Kumar Escape... definitely not as funny as the first one and, yet again, Neil Patrick Harris steals the movie

"Just when you think you know the answers, I change the questions!"
kyguy78
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bobbing_headz » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:54 pm

I just watched Employee of the Month. Not the Dane Cook one but the '04 one with Matt Dillon. Unfortunately it wasn't very good. Too many ridiculous twists at the end. I give it 3/10.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The_Captain » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:48 pm

Watched the following over the Labor Day Holiday -

Vantage Point - 7/10

Interesting concept for the movie, seeing the same circumstance/situation from different points of view, but the movie lacked a solid story line/plot and left a lot of unanswered questions which was disappointing.

Untraceable - 7/10

Fairly predictable movie, the kill scenes were decent but overall not a spectacular movie....worth the rent though.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bobbing_headz » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:55 am

The_Captain wrote:Watched the following over the Labor Day Holiday -

Vantage Point - 7/10

That high? I thought the movie was pretty ridiculous. Very improbable.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:59 am

bobbing_headz wrote:
The_Captain wrote:Watched the following over the Labor Day Holiday -

Vantage Point - 7/10

That high? I thought the movie was pretty ridiculous. Very improbable.

Too many Vantage Points. I was getting angry when 11:59 (or whatever the time was) continued popping up.
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The_Captain » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:20 am

I thought the concept of the movie was interesting - seeing the same situation from the different points of view of each character. Now, there was no real "story", which obviously killed it's like-ability, but I found it interesting.

Bobbing - what did you think was improbable?

The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:26 am

The_Captain wrote:I thought the concept of the movie was interesting - seeing the same situation from the different points of view of each character. Now, there was no real "story", which obviously killed it's like-ability, but I found it interesting.

i liked the idea but it seems like it was the same footage all the time...i actually kept falling asleep. i thought it was one of the worst movies i've seen in recent memory
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bobbing_headz » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:35 am

The_Captain wrote:I thought the concept of the movie was interesting - seeing the same situation from the different points of view of each character. Now, there was no real "story", which obviously killed it's like-ability, but I found it interesting.

I just thought that the way the movie played out there were numerous instances where the plot become overly contrived. It had to be like that for the director to try and somehow link all the main characters into one story. It's not necessarily a bad idea but I just didn't think it was executed that well. That and the apparent lack of motive for the bad guys...
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The_Captain » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:57 am

bobbing_headz wrote:

I just thought that the way the movie played out there were numerous instances where the plot become overly contrived. It had to be like that for the director to try and somehow link all the main characters into one story. It's not necessarily a bad idea but I just didn't think it was executed that well. That and the apparent lack of motive for the bad guys...

Absolutely agree with your statement....I probably did overrate it a bit, but I liked the idea, but as you indicated, the director just didn't execute it that well. After we were done watching it, I was left wondering what was the motive for the terrorists because that to me was a pretty integral part of the story.

The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk