What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:39 am

Metroid wrote:
treat24 wrote:
JasonSeahorn wrote:
I think M Night Shamalymanimanialaman is just getting too weird. Next it will be time-traveling werewolves who thought they were dreaming, but it turns out they were already dead.

he's always been predictable and crappy.

I've pretty much liked everything he's done.

i quit watching his movies after The Village...how bad was Lady in the Water?
Sixth Sense was good
Unbreakable was OK
Signs was kinda lame
The Village was teh suck
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby treat24 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:02 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Metroid wrote:
treat24 wrote:
he's always been predictable and crappy.

I've pretty much liked everything he's done.

Sixth Sense was good
Unbreakable was OK
Signs was kinda lame
The Village was teh suck

this is just a caveat and soap box thing for me... I hate predictable movies. It's one of my biggest pet peeve. I have known how each of his movies would end within 20 minutes and in the case of the sixth sense and the village... by the previews before even going to the movie. Despite that I found some of his movies entertaining enough to make it through, but Like Dan pointed out... they have become progressively worse to the point I refused to watch village and lady in the water. I told friends how i thought the village would go and I was nearly dead on and said that's it... I can't waste 2 hours watching what I assumed will happen come to fruition. Lady in the Water just looked too dumb. My bud brought over the Happening on a burned bootleg months ago and it was dumb for me. They could have done much better with it. Mark Wahlberg wouldn't even talk about it or promote it. That says something about what he thought about it. I think I've been in too many discussions about M.Night Shamacrapfestmaker... and jess biel, and palin... and others... kinda tired of it. We all have different opinions. bah
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:13 pm

treat24 wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
Metroid wrote:I've pretty much liked everything he's done.

Sixth Sense was good
Unbreakable was OK
Signs was kinda lame
The Village was teh suck

this is just a caveat and soap box thing for me... I hate predictable movies. It's one of my biggest pet peeve. I have known how each of his movies would end within 20 minutes and in the case of the sixth sense and the village... by the previews before even going to the movie. Despite that I found some of his movies entertaining enough to make it through, but Like Dan pointed out... they have become progressively worse to the point I refused to watch village and lady in the water. I told friends how i thought the village would go and I was nearly dead on and said that's it... I can't waste 2 hours watching what I assumed will happen come to fruition. Lady in the Water just looked too dumb. My bud brought over the Happening on a burned bootleg months ago and it was dumb for me. They could have done much better with it. Mark Wahlberg wouldn't even talk about it or promote it. That says something about what he thought about it. I think I've been in too many discussions about M.Night Shamacrapfestmaker... and jess biel, and palin... and others... kinda tired of it. We all have different opinions. bah

what if i were to tell you that M.Night's next movie would feature a surprise twist was a Biel/Palin girl-on-girl scene.
is that something you might be interested in?
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:43 pm

I'm glad I don't try and figure out how films will end, I understand this is what draws a lot of people to certain films but I just try enjoy them for what they are without playing detective. Some of his films I like better than others but I was entertained by all of them.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby treat24 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:27 pm

Metroid wrote:I'm glad I don't try and figure out how films will end, I understand this is what draws a lot of people to certain films but I just try enjoy them for what they are without playing detective. Some of his films I like better than others but I was entertained by all of them.

I don't try to that much, well I do to an extent. But when it's so blatantly obvious it hurts it kinda sucks.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:21 pm

Quarantine - It's basically Cloverfield or The Blair Witch Project with a zombie-like storyline... so like the other 2, it's barely entertaining the first time, not worth going to the theater, and isn't worth more than one viewing if that. I went because the wife and I love horror movies. We watch the cheesiest crapfests to the quality ones and usually like most of them for one reason or another. Quarantine just isn't really worth it though.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Metroid » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:46 pm

treat24 wrote:Quarantine - It's basically Cloverfield or The Blair Witch Project with a zombie-like storyline... so like the other 2, it's barely entertaining the first time, not worth going to the theater, and isn't worth more than one viewing if that. I went because the wife and I love horror movies. We watch the cheesiest crapfests to the quality ones and usually like most of them for one reason or another. Quarantine just isn't really worth it though.

Is that the one with Dexter's sister? :-?
Metroid

Postby treat24 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:49 pm

Metroid wrote:
treat24 wrote:Quarantine - It's basically Cloverfield or The Blair Witch Project with a zombie-like storyline... so like the other 2, it's barely entertaining the first time, not worth going to the theater, and isn't worth more than one viewing if that. I went because the wife and I love horror movies. We watch the cheesiest crapfests to the quality ones and usually like most of them for one reason or another. Quarantine just isn't really worth it though.

Yep, deb is in it... how you like the new season of Dexter so far? That show is the ish.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Metroid » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:49 pm

treat24 wrote:
Metroid wrote:

Yep, deb is in it... how you like the new season of Dexter so far? That show is the ish.

Remember I don't shows when they are current, I can't ever remember to watch. I'm sure it rocks though. ;-D
Metroid

Postby treat24 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:53 pm

Metroid wrote:
treat24 wrote:
Metroid wrote:Is that the one with Dexter's sister? :-?

Remember I don't shows when they are current, I can't ever remember to watch. I'm sure it rocks though. ;-D

fancast.com :-)
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk