What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby treat24 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:32 pm

I couldn't disagree more with C4L and Dan ... I thought the acting was terrible, but not bad enough to make me leave. Many times it was just way over acted and over the top. The wife and I actually laughed out loud a couple times because of the acting. In fact we nearly cried laughing at the beginning when the fan blew fer scent at edward in the classroom and he jumped back. It was actually one of the worst acted movies I've seen in quite awhile. That and the cheesy effects were it's main downfall. Low Budgets.... I tell ya... The script writing was horrid, but that would only be noticeable to those that read the book. The crazy part was that the movie was actually ok despite these things.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby cardiac cats » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:56 am

OK enough of this girly twilight talk ;-)

The Number 23 6/10

A slightly above average mystery/thriller whose concepts and ideas ultimately fizzle out by the end of movie. Sure it was nice to see Jim Carrey in a darker and more challenging role(and I thought he acted well), but the "impact" the film was going for just wasn't there.
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby cardiac cats » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:18 pm

Jackie Brown 8.5/10

Finally saw it. Once again, Quentin's dialogue is in top form and Samuel L. Jackson delivers another "classic" performance. Great ensemble cast too: Robert Deniro, Bridget Fonda, Pam Grier, Michael Keaton, and Robert Forster all have memorable moments and scenes throughout the movie. Good stuff, and I think Jackie Brown holds up well compared to Quentin's other work. ;-D
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Tyeattolah » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:01 am

4 Christmas'...absolutely hilarious! Laughed from the start all the way to the ending...V V and RW were great together...don't blink, sneeze or cough or you'll miss something! LMAO! :-D
Tyeattolah
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:29 pm

Tyeattolah wrote:4 Christmas'...absolutely hilarious! Laughed from the start all the way to the ending...V V and RW were great together...don't blink, sneeze or cough or you'll miss something! LMAO! :-D

All the reviews I've heard on Four Christmases were terrible. Kind of surprising given that it at least looked half-good in the trailers.
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tyeattolah » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:41 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
Tyeattolah wrote:4 Christmas'...absolutely hilarious! Laughed from the start all the way to the ending...V V and RW were great together...don't blink, sneeze or cough or you'll miss something! LMAO! :-D

All the reviews I've heard on Four Christmases were terrible. Kind of surprising given that it at least looked half-good in the trailers.

Most of the time the trailers give all of the funny parts away, not in 4 Christmas' though. We thoroughly enjoyed it!
Tyeattolah
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:41 pm

Tyeattolah wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:

Most of the time the trailers give all of the funny parts away, not in 4 Christmas' though. We thoroughly enjoyed it!

I had heard the same as Artful Dodger... That it was horrible. I'll wait til DVD... but it's good to know that it will be worth renting at that time. :-D
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:22 am

Before the Devil Knows Your Dead Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Ethan Hawke are brothers who botch a jewelry store robbery...then a bunch of stuff happens. Pro's: Marissa Tomei shows her cans multiple times and engages in some hot doggystyle. Cons: it's with Hoffman

7/10

The Kite Runner adapted from some book i didnt read about some kid in Kabul and his servant boy who engage in Kite-fighting (i had never heard of such a thing...it makes Kites so much cooler, but still below Barry Manilow in coolness) and some stuff happens that affects him in the present day as well. makes present day Afghanistan look pretty crappy. about 80% subtitled

8/10
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:12 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:The Kite Runner adapted from some book i didnt read about some kid in Kabul and his servant boy who engage in Kite-fighting (i had never heard of such a thing...it makes Kites so much cooler, but still below Barry Manilow in coolness) and some stuff happens that affects him in the present day as well. makes present day Afghanistan look pretty crappy. about 80% subtitled

8/10

Never saw the movie, but I did read the book. Awesome read IMO. Definitely would recommend reading the book. ;-D

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby RiffRaff » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:26 pm

treat24 wrote:
Tyeattolah wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:

I had heard the same as Artful Dodger... That it was horrible. I'll wait til DVD... but it's good to know that it will be worth renting at that time. :-D

Definitely waiting for the DVD, but now I'm not going in with no expectations. :-?
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk