What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby BlueBandit24 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:36 pm

I saw Four Christmases last night. Not a great film but pretty entertaining, actually a lot better than I thought it would be. Vaughn and Witherspoon had some pretty good chemistry and it was good for quite a few laughs. I'll give it a 7.5/10.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:50 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:Agreed. Movie was quite boring.

Also watched Wanted. Good effects but didn't care for some of the plot - guess that's what happens when you take something from a comic book.

So by that logic, you didn't like The Dark Knight then, right?

:*) :-?

Haven't seen it but I doubt it. Was thinking more along the lines of the first Punisher...
2008 Killer Crossover League Champion
2009 Killer Crossover League Champion
RedHopeful
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Basketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby treat24 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:05 pm

RedHopeful wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:Agreed. Movie was quite boring.

Also watched Wanted. Good effects but didn't care for some of the plot - guess that's what happens when you take something from a comic book.

Haven't seen it but I doubt it. Was thinking more along the lines of the first Punisher...

The first punisher... or the one a few years ago? I thought the one from a few years ago was ok.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:56 pm

treat24 wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:

The first punisher... or the one a few years ago? I thought the one from a few years ago was ok.

Bring back Dolph Lundgren. Seriously, I'd watch a sequel if it involved him playing the role of Frank Castle. ;-)
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:18 pm

As a former X Files fan... it pains me to say that the newest movie was a heaping pile of crap. Yes, that was me being nice. 3/10 ... again, me being nice.

The best part was when Gillian Anderson googled "Stem Cell Research" ... printed off the first few hits, then went into an experimental stem cell surgery on a kid.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:12 pm

Have any of you seen the TV Miniseries Roots? I'm thinking about giving my sister the boxed DVD set for Christmas. I know that it was widely acclaimed in the 1970s, but I've never seen it myself so I can't be sure if it'd still be a good watch 30 years later.

Any suggestions?
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Warpigs » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:45 pm

jake_twothousandfive wrote:Have any of you seen the TV Miniseries Roots? I'm thinking about giving my sister the boxed DVD set for Christmas. I know that it was widely acclaimed in the 1970s, but I've never seen it myself so I can't be sure if it'd still be a good watch 30 years later.

Any suggestions?

I'd definitely suggest Roots. I haven't seen it in a while, but I remember seeing it when I was a kid when they ran it as a miniseries on TV. It was really interesting and something I still remember over 15 years later. I wouldn't mind owning a copy of it myself. If she doesn't like it for some strange reason, I'll give you my address! :-b
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby SniperShot » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:10 pm

Anyone seen the Day the Earth stood still? I'm hearing many mixed reviews so far. Mainstream reviewers saying it's trashy while some friends say it's alright...

Dunno if I should go out to see this one or not.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Metroid » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:36 am

SniperShot wrote:Anyone seen the Day the Earth stood still? I'm hearing many mixed reviews so far. Mainstream reviewers saying it's trashy while some friends say it's alright...

Mixed reviews = wait for DVD. I don't go to the theater all that much so when I do it better be good. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby BigBadBrawler » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:30 am

SniperShot wrote:Anyone seen the Day the Earth stood still? I'm hearing many mixed reviews so far. Mainstream reviewers saying it's trashy while some friends say it's alright...

Saw it tonight because I happened to have the night off from work (never happens) and I'm a sucker for anything showing on an IMAX Screen. It was a pretty solid sci-fi movie that looked great in the IMAX format. Keanu Reeve's stiff acting actually fits his role for a change and the storyline was decent (I've never seen the original so I can't compare the two though). Overall, it was a good not great movie (I'd give it about a 7/10) and personally, if I couldn't see it at the IMAX, I'd probably just skip it altogether in the theaters and wait for the DVD... ;-D
BigBadBrawler
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: The largest Media Market in the country without an NFL Franchise

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk