What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri May 20, 2005 6:09 am

watched the 6th day...with Arnold Swartzenegger(sp), last night. its a somewhat older movie, maybe 5 years old, about cloning people and this guy's life that gets turned upside down when he gets cloned. not a bad flick. not great. entertaining though. 7.5/10
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deftdelivery » Fri May 20, 2005 8:39 am

25th Hour with Edwart Norton, Philip Seymour Hoffman and Rosario Dawson

I thought this movie would have a bit more action...it was almost entirely dialogue. The movie really drifts off into useless territory halfway through, as some subplots never have anything to do with the main plot. Some scenes were delivered quite nicely, however, and saved the film

I give it a 7/10
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby myintrotoletyouknow » Fri May 20, 2005 11:52 am

deftdelivery wrote:25th Hour with Edwart Norton, Philip Seymour Hoffman and Rosario Dawson

I thought this movie would have a bit more action...it was almost entirely dialogue. The movie really drifts off into useless territory halfway through, as some subplots never have anything to do with the main plot. Some scenes were delivered quite nicely, however, and saved the film

I give it a 7/10

i loved 25th Hour, but then again Edward Norton and Philip Seymour Hoffman are two of my favorite actors.

id give it a 8.5/10.
myintrotoletyouknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Canacuna » Fri May 20, 2005 12:00 pm

deftdelivery wrote:25th Hour with Edwart Norton, Philip Seymour Hoffman and Rosario Dawson

I give it a 7/10

...couldn't you say the same thing with a lot of Spike Lee's movies (or joints?).

Anyway, I liked it.

Every Monday, the local grocery store has "$1 Movie Day"... they guarantee new releases, but by the time I come around, they're all out. ...So I stop by and get a new release for free every Monday. I'll be pickin' up a free copy of National Treasure sometime next week. I've heard good things...
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby DUKE » Fri May 20, 2005 12:43 pm

I loved 25th Hour too. I saw it the day it came out in theatres and recently bought it on the cheap at the movie store. It's one of those movies that are better the second time you watch it, though i still enjoyed it the first time too.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby J2thez929 » Wed May 25, 2005 5:18 pm

Just saw Mindhunters last night and I have to say I really enjoyed it. Its not gonna win any oscars or anything but if you are a fan of murder mysteries/thrillers/action then go see this movie. Would've liked more involvement or screenplay for Kilmer but I'm not gonna complain.

Overall- Kept me on the edge of my seat and guessing. Good movie ;-D

On a side note, I just recently rented The Final Cut. One word - Yawn! I thought it looked like an intrieging story line and Robin Williams is ususally a pretty good actor. But, unfortuanely the story was slow, boring, and just lame. It was a cool idea but it just fell flat on its face. Williams was the only bright spot of this movie as his acting was excellent!

Overall- Unlesss you are a big fan of Robin Williams or you like a slow moving movie with a lame ending, stay away from this one!
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Thu May 26, 2005 10:03 pm

Finally saw Dawn of the Dead (the remake).

My main reason for not seeing this movie was that I'd seen the original. If you have as well, I share your horror that such an awful movie ever got produced. However, this remake was quite good. The characters, while several were stereotypical, were interesting and well acted. The action was good, and there were quite a number of jokes. A lounge version of "Get Down with the Sickness" for example. Mostly, I liked how the movie didn't try to be a horror flick, but more of a disaster flick, setting it above most other zombie films. It's not 28 Days Later, but its probably the next best zombie flick I've seen.

7/10
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby kanezfan11 » Thu May 26, 2005 10:20 pm

maddog60 wrote:Finally saw Dawn of the Dead (the remake).

My main reason for not seeing this movie was that I'd seen the original. If you have as well, I share your horror that such an awful movie ever got produced. However, this remake was quite good. The characters, while several were stereotypical, were interesting and well acted. The action was good, and there were quite a number of jokes. A lounge version of "Get Down with the Sickness" for example. Mostly, I liked how the movie didn't try to be a horror flick, but more of a disaster flick, setting it above most other zombie films. It's not 28 Days Later, but its probably the next best zombie flick I've seen.

7/10

Seen it before but just picked it up on DVD about a week ago, love it. ;-D
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby deftdelivery » Fri May 27, 2005 10:36 am

Just saw Boondock Saints last night.

Pretty good, pretty good.

8/10 ;-D
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri May 27, 2005 6:18 pm

deftdelivery wrote:Just saw Boondock Saints last night.

Pretty good, pretty good.

8/10 ;-D

was that the first time you have seen it deft? i love that movie (if you havent gathered that in the seraph :-) )
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk